Sheridan, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

I am in no way condoneing drinking and driving,but how many deaths are caused by down right speeding.When you roll a vehicle,you are breaking the law.Just check out the one car accidents=death no alochol involved,for the last year in Pulaski county.Now check out the DUI deaths.Suprise.the bible thrumpers are ahead,for speeding,and killing innocent citizens.So when you christens quit killing us we will quit you.That was scarcasm.The responsibile drinkers do not drive.
pore ole rodney king

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

gomer-ez wrote:
I am in no way condoneing drinking and driving,but how many deaths are caused by down right speeding.When you roll a vehicle,you are breaking the law.Just check out the one car accidents=death no alochol involved,for the last year in Pulaski county.Now check out the DUI deaths.Suprise.the bible thrumpers are ahead,for speeding,and killing innocent citizens.So when you christens quit killing us we will quit you.That was scarcasm.The responsibile drinkers do not drive.
And responsible drivers obey the highway laws, too, including speed limitations, avoiding distractions such as wrangling with the children, eating and drinking, all the while trying to steer properly and navigate the cell phone.
Storm Booth

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

pore ole rodney king wrote:
<quoted text>
You ain't going to church nearly enough. Get them all saved, try to get to the wreck in time to get them to confess Jesus, that should do it, and learn to take some pictures of them ascending up to heaven. You didn't pray nearly had enough, and you didn't give nearly enough money to the anti-alcohol forces, and you didn't tell the people who wanted the booze option to pass that Jesus didn't turn the water into wine, but it was surely grape juice, cause who ever in their right mind would allow wine at a wedding. Certainly the Jesus that you worship wouldn't do such a thing, now would he?
I guess you will want some of that alcohol to put out the fire when you get to hell. Oh wait, yes, pour some of it on you.
gomer-ez

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Storm Booth wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you will want some of that alcohol to put out the fire when you get to hell. Oh wait, yes, pour some of it on you.
Don't waste good alcohol on him ,give it to me.
pore ole rodney king

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Storm Booth wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll go to hell in my time, but there are no flames associated with the first death, and hopefully, when I come from the grave, the second death will have no power over me, but if it does, a fire will completely consume me. I won't have to writhe in torment forever.
Ugh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

You people realize that when Somerset was dry it was not illegal to possess alcohol, only purchase it legally It has always been here people now GET OVER IT. I don't understand the whole prohibitionist attitude from Church goers in this town, you realize alcohol is consumed in the Bible right?
pore ole rodney king

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Ugh wrote:
You people realize that when Somerset was dry it was not illegal to possess alcohol, only purchase it legally It has always been here people now GET OVER IT. I don't understand the whole prohibitionist attitude from Church goers in this town, you realize alcohol is consumed in the Bible right?
Some of them don't know that, they think the Bible is a myth, it's only what they think that's important.
Perry mason

Sheridan, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

RETIRED2 wrote:
Why did it take so long to release the DUI Charge and info.......??
Why is it any of your business?
Grady

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

concerned citizen wrote:
So the most recent 6 years ago and we have had two in 30 days. Yes, I can definitely see the reduction in dui accidents causing death or serious injury. I am not talking about straight duis, I am speaking specifically to wrecks as a result of alcohol intoxication. "learn to read" please reread my post.
OH I see...you are only concerned with the wrecks and serious injury DUI's because in some way you feel it strengthens your point yet you don't care about the over 400 DUI arrests that were made in 2011 in Pulaski County that didn't involve a serious injury or death. Because that would admit that there was an issue before the wet vote. How about you point out that while we were dry we had more DUI's in our county than Danville/Boyle County did in the same year. You want to blame the decision of voters on this wreck as if Jimmy had never drank before the vote or had never gotten behind the wheel of a car after drinking until it was here in the county. You have been waiting on pins and needles for the first serious accident or death to proclaim your point. Instead of taking the time to pray for Jayden's family and her father (whom I am sure is very upset with himself that this happened) over his mistake you want to promote it for your own agenda. That is just crazy to me. This man made a horrible mistake and has to deal with the consequences of his actions....Christians should be there to pray and comfort him for his mistake and not make a spectacle of his crime for their own gain OR to make themselves feel better than the one who made a mistake. People like that tend to be the ones that have the most skeletons in their closet because rather than get support from their Christian brothers and sisters they get shame...is that true with you?
gomer-ez

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Grady wrote:
<quoted text>
OH I see...you are only concerned with the wrecks and serious injury DUI's because in some way you feel it strengthens your point yet you don't care about the over 400 DUI arrests that were made in 2011 in Pulaski County that didn't involve a serious injury or death. Because that would admit that there was an issue before the wet vote. How about you point out that while we were dry we had more DUI's in our county than Danville/Boyle County did in the same year. You want to blame the decision of voters on this wreck as if Jimmy had never drank before the vote or had never gotten behind the wheel of a car after drinking until it was here in the county. You have been waiting on pins and needles for the first serious accident or death to proclaim your point. Instead of taking the time to pray for Jayden's family and her father (whom I am sure is very upset with himself that this happened) over his mistake you want to promote it for your own agenda. That is just crazy to me. This man made a horrible mistake and has to deal with the consequences of his actions....Christians should be there to pray and comfort him for his mistake and not make a spectacle of his crime for their own gain OR to make themselves feel better than the one who made a mistake. People like that tend to be the ones that have the most skeletons in their closet because rather than get support from their Christian brothers and sisters they get shame...is that true with you?
Very well put.
Flapjacks

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Check this out, original poster:

http://www.city-data.com/county/Pulaski_Count...

Pulaski County had multiple fatal DUI crashes every year between 1975 and 1991. In fact, ten of those years, PC exceeded the KY average...

So, next BS theory?

“smiling on a cloudy day”

Level 7

Since: Jan 09

Shakedown Street

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Flapjacks wrote:
Check this out, original poster:
http://www.city-data.com/county/Pulaski_Count...
Pulaski County had multiple fatal DUI crashes every year between 1975 and 1991. In fact, ten of those years, PC exceeded the KY average...
So, next BS theory?
What? That can't be, Pulaski county was dry back then!

“Enjoying Life's Mishaps”

Level 7

Since: Dec 09

Lost in Time

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Logic 101 wrote:
God is the ultimate ruler, so all of this is God's fault.
Our only option now it to pray, pray, pray. Pray daily. Pray early, pray often, pray late. Quit your day job, so that you can pray more.
It's our only hope! Save us!
Wow! If you had a brain, it would be like a BB rollimg around inside a RailRoad Boxcar.

“Boogie Chill'un”

Level 6

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Bronston Man wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought I was watching TNT there for a second.
More like Lifetime for Women....what a joke some people are. Small town does not HAVE TO mean small mind, but unfortunately......
Nicentide

Albany, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

It's gonna happen no matter what but ur right it will increase bc of more availability but u can't completely avoid it

Level 2

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Flapjacks wrote:
Yep. There were no DUIs here until alcohol was legal for purchase.
Oy.
i would say the numbers are the same, only you didn't hear about when the area was dry. think about it.????
Interested person

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

concerned citizen wrote:
The Litton dui that resulted in the death of an innocent citizen, and now Jimmy charged with assault on Jayden. Please tell me is the convenience to purchase locally or a single tax dollar worth the pain that has been suffered so far? Is this progression? This unfortunately is only the beginning..........
Don't you understand that DUI is a crime whether the county is wet or dry? The convenience don't mean a thing if you are doing something illegal. Most people should or do have better sense than drink and drive. It is as much of a crime in Floyd Co. as it is in Wayne Co. So your argument is just a "cop out."

It never hurt our county when we voted wet in Floyd as there was a lot of drunk driving in our county anyway and it actually went down for several straight years after we voted wet.
mike

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Logic 101 wrote:
God is the ultimate ruler, so all of this is God's fault.
Our only option now it to pray, pray, pray. Pray daily. Pray early, pray often, pray late. Quit your day job, so that you can pray more.
It's our only hope! Save us!
Does god like welfare
just me

Brownsville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

People make their own decisions, life is what you make it, so stop blaming and judging.
mike

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Have lived 8 years never seen an area where alcohol is big deal everywhere else i lived way of life drinking having fun i feel sorry for the mentality of many people in pulaski Co unty theres ral world out there and by the way as drinker i an accountable for my actions

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 17 min Curious 130,205
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 59 min Doug77 10,292
Word Association (Feb '09) 1 hr Doug77 11,489
train tunnel 1 hr cool cat 2
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 2 hr Junket 20,485
ms companies? anyone worked through them? 3 hr mr_m 4
Scarest or most haunted places in somerset ? (Sep '08) 6 hr kamida 387

Search the Somerset Forum:
•••

Severe Thunderstorm Watch for Pulaski County was issued at August 20 at 4:00PM EDT

•••
•••
•••

Somerset Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Somerset People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Somerset News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Somerset