one more dui tragedy
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
concerned citizen

Saint Catharine, KY

#1 Apr 3, 2013
The Litton dui that resulted in the death of an innocent citizen, and now Jimmy charged with assault on Jayden. Please tell me is the convenience to purchase locally or a single tax dollar worth the pain that has been suffered so far? Is this progression? This unfortunately is only the beginning..........
just me

Somerset, KY

#2 Apr 3, 2013
you wanted the county wet so STFU
Flapjacks

Somerset, KY

#4 Apr 3, 2013
Yep. There were no DUIs here until alcohol was legal for purchase.

Oy.
concerned citizen

Saint Catharine, KY

#5 Apr 3, 2013
Beyond duis, tell me how many alcohol related accidents resulting in serious injury or death occurred prior to the wet vote. Names and dates please.
concerned citizen

Saint Catharine, KY

#6 Apr 3, 2013
just me wrote:
you wanted the county wet so STFU
Nope, did not. My vote was NO.
pore ole rodney king

Greensburg, KY

#7 Apr 3, 2013
concerned citizen wrote:
Beyond duis, tell me how many alcohol related accidents resulting in serious injury or death occurred prior to the wet vote. Names and dates please.
I guess you don't recall a drunken farmer killing one Nancy High School Cheerleader cheerleader and seriously injuring another when he failed to properly navigate the wye at 80 and 196 in 1958 or 59.

Perhaps you don't recall the wreck at Cain's Store community about 1957 when a man drunken on the spirits went airborne, traveling at a high rate of speed, then crashing into some trees.

Recall when a local DJ pulled out in front of someone near Science Hill. Inebriation caused his demise, probably 6 years ago.
Learn to Read

Somerset, KY

#8 Apr 3, 2013
concerned citizen wrote:
Although Topix will not let you post true names, you can do a "DUI" search on the CJ website. Lots of folks arrested for DUIs prior to Somerset going wet, and very few since, which tracks with data from other cities that have gone the same route. Next myth please?
concerned citizen

Elizabethtown, KY

#9 Apr 3, 2013
So the most recent 6 years ago and we have had two in 30 days. Yes, I can definitely see the reduction in dui accidents causing death or serious injury. I am not talking about straight duis, I am speaking specifically to wrecks as a result of alcohol intoxication. "learn to read" please reread my post.
citizen

Pineville, KY

#10 Apr 3, 2013
its wet now, live with it. Thats what we wanted here right?
Dramadairyqueen

Greenbrier, AR

#11 Apr 3, 2013
concerned citizen wrote:
The Litton dui that resulted in the death of an innocent citizen, and now Jimmy charged with assault on Jayden. Please tell me is the convenience to purchase locally or a single tax dollar worth the pain that has been suffered so far? Is this progression? This unfortunately is only the beginning..........
Oh, such drama, I'm throwing my hand over my eyes and falling back on the fainting couch. Aren't we suffering enough?u\

“smiling on a cloudy day”

Level 7

Since: Jan 09

Shakedown Street

#12 Apr 3, 2013
concerned citizen wrote:
So the most recent 6 years ago
No, has it even been a year since that boy killed the preacher from Berea and his wife on 27 north?

I don't really care. Us drunks can get our drink on easier. That was the motive all along, didn't you know?

Get a petition started and vote it out in 2 years. Bet you can't even get enough signatures though!

“smiling on a cloudy day”

Level 7

Since: Jan 09

Shakedown Street

#13 Apr 3, 2013
Dramadairyqueen wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, such drama
I thought I was watching TNT there for a second.
well

United States

#14 Apr 3, 2013
Three of my friends got killed in pulaski from a drunk driver hit them and they were just visiting that was when it was dry alcohol doesnt kil people stupid people kill people drink responsibly if they are stupid enough to drink and drive they shouldnt have a licensed lockem up and throw away the key its not the alcohols fault its not a sin to drink its a sin to get drunk and its stupid peoplle that gets drunk then trys to drive
well

United States

#15 Apr 3, 2013
Btw the driver that killed my friends was from simerset he was a alcoholic that had to drive a long ways to get it so he had an hour drive to drink by the time he got to somerset he was on tje wrong side of the rd and hit them straight on i rather him have a five or ten minute drive home then an hour he is less likely to wreck and kill someone

“Welcome to the Winds of Change”

Level 5

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#16 Apr 3, 2013
Really we are still on this issue. This issue has been decided...It's over and done with, what happen is tragic, but it might have happened regardless of this city being wet or not....My suggestion is simple learn not to drink and then drive. Dumb people will do stupid things. I don't like the US is obese but you don't see me trying to outlaw spoons. Sh*t happens and while it is very tragic that is life...get used to it.
father

Wartburg, TN

#18 Apr 3, 2013
My son was the one hit and killed by Litton. Somerset going wet had nothing to do with it. He had a prior record before it was wet.
pore ole rodney king

Columbia, KY

#19 Apr 3, 2013
concerned citizen wrote:
So the most recent 6 years ago and we have had two in 30 days. Yes, I can definitely see the reduction in dui accidents causing death or serious injury. I am not talking about straight duis, I am speaking specifically to wrecks as a result of alcohol intoxication. "learn to read" please reread my post.
You ain't going to church nearly enough. Get them all saved, try to get to the wreck in time to get them to confess Jesus, that should do it, and learn to take some pictures of them ascending up to heaven. You didn't pray nearly had enough, and you didn't give nearly enough money to the anti-alcohol forces, and you didn't tell the people who wanted the booze option to pass that Jesus didn't turn the water into wine, but it was surely grape juice, cause who ever in their right mind would allow wine at a wedding. Certainly the Jesus that you worship wouldn't do such a thing, now would he?
mike

Tucker, GA

#20 Apr 3, 2013
Flapjacks wrote:
Yep. There were no DUIs here until alcohol was legal for purchase.
Oy.
livin in dream world bro get over your backward ways this buds for you

“Enjoying Life's Mishaps”

Level 7

Since: Dec 09

Lost in Time

#23 Apr 4, 2013
Why did it take so long to release the DUI Charge and info.......??
Logic 101

Somerset, KY

#24 Apr 4, 2013
God is the ultimate ruler, so all of this is God's fault.

Our only option now it to pray, pray, pray. Pray daily. Pray early, pray often, pray late. Quit your day job, so that you can pray more.

It's our only hope! Save us!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 15 min Ricky F 38,843
Nevels bunch (Jul '09) 18 min Becky Baker 5
What kind of workplace is Performance foods 21 min Becky Baker 5
Rip ...Amanda101 8 hr Charlie Hatchet 2
Shelly Merrick Loveless 8 hr Meman 11
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 9 hr Alain Vain 14,279
Eddie Crabtree (Jan '10) 9 hr BoBEKloo 9

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance