What are the Highest Paying Jobs in Somerset ?

Posted in the Somerset Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
petey

Sikeston, MO

#1 Aug 20, 2008
I know theres not many but itd be cool to know.. and offcourse Im talking bout with a HS Diploma and no Degree.
Hmmmmm

Wartburg, TN

#2 Aug 20, 2008
No degree? Good luck, usually if that is the case your best bet is to become really good at selling stuff to make any sort of good income. After that I guess it would be places like TTAI, Coca-Cola, etc.
presidium

United States

#3 Aug 20, 2008
presidium pays $8 an hr and 9 after 2 month they hire all the time even if they say they aren't and if u kow how to show up on time and work your good
jack of all trades

Somerset, KY

#4 Aug 20, 2008
petey wrote:
I know theres not many but itd be cool to know.. and offcourse Im talking bout with a HS Diploma and no Degree.
Listen up Petey. no degree, no pay . if you like something that can be sold in the mainstream economy, focus your self education on it. find a service provider, distributor, retailer, or wholeseller for that marketable (something). learn product knowledge, and benefits. find a employer that focus's on that (something ) and get hired as a sales rep. with maybe a base salary. good commisions, and incentive bonus's you can whip the college degree bullsh%!..

if you do get a factory job . after about 30 minutes on your first day , you'll realize you screwed up, unless you like doing the same thing everyday.. good luck.

Since: Aug 08

Corbin, KY

#5 Aug 20, 2008
Plumbers make really good money.
LALALALALALALA

London, KY

#6 Aug 20, 2008
Armstrong is a good company to work for. They have different shifts that can be worked. Some buildings have the 8 hour shift, and some building have the 12 hour shift. The pay is good also. My husband made a little over $12.00 an hour, but he started out at $10.00 an hour. They also have really good insurance. It was like $70.00 a week for family, and that included vision, dental, and medical. The copays were really cheap also.
I don't think they just hire people, I am pretty sure that you have to go through Adecco. After the waiting period, you can get hired through the company.
umm who cares

London, KY

#7 Aug 20, 2008
Plumbers make really good money. < LOL
olt timer

Lexington, KY

#8 Aug 20, 2008
jack of all trades wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen up Petey. no degree, no pay . if you like something that can be sold in the mainstream economy, focus your self education on it. find a service provider, distributor, retailer, or wholeseller for that marketable (something). learn product knowledge, and benefits. find a employer that focus's on that (something ) and get hired as a sales rep. with maybe a base salary. good commisions, and incentive bonus's you can whip the college degree bullsh%!..
if you do get a factory job . after about 30 minutes on your first day , you'll realize you screwed up, unless you like doing the same thing everyday.. good luck.
I am impressed that someone with such advise would even give it.. Would like to see more of this on here!
someone

Brownsville, TN

#9 Aug 20, 2008
Norfolk Southern is hiring if your willing to travel go to NScorp.com to apply.I think laborers positions start at 18$ to 20$ per hr.
jack of all trades

Somerset, KY

#10 Aug 20, 2008
olt timer wrote:
<quoted text>I am impressed that someone with such advise would even give it.. Would like to see more of this on here!
Just trying to help. From experience. these kids want to take the best paying job without thinking about the long term. most of 'em is production factory jobs. now I'm Not knockin factory jobs by no means, You just have to be mentally stable enough to do repetitive work over an over, and wait maybe if your lucky after several years get a supervisor or team leader position. most factory jobs provide stable income with income somewhere in the upper 20k up to middle 30k a year for regular line work. as long the manufactorer stays here in the u.s.. if they move to mexico or middle east or asia, what you gonna do then???
ah come on

Corbin, KY

#11 Aug 20, 2008
sales...without a degree it is your only chance to make great money.
yelp

Somerset, KY

#12 Aug 20, 2008
GE IS THE HIGHEST PAYING JOB HERE PERIOD! BUT THEY NEVER HIGHER!!!
Hello

Somerset, KY

#13 Aug 20, 2008
yelp wrote:
Probably not someone that can't spell. HIRE is the word your looking for.
what

Corbin, KY

#14 Aug 20, 2008
yelp wrote:
no they are not
smarter than Hello

Lexington, KY

#15 Aug 20, 2008
Don't be so quick to judge someones spelling when you need to hone in on your own grammer. The correct sentence would be,,,,,,HIRE is the word you're looking for. you're means you are,,,,
not so smart

Corbin, KY

#16 Aug 20, 2008
I think you mean grammar.
Cutural observer

Corbin, KY

#17 Aug 20, 2008
Only an idiot would be in sales in a town that is dominated by people with pitiful credit.
I KNOW RIGHT

Somerset, KY

#18 Aug 20, 2008
Hello wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably not someone that can't spell. HIRE is the word your looking for.
SMARTASS! I KNOW HOW TO SPELL AND I NOTICED THAT I SPELLED HIRE WRONG AFTER I ALREADY POSTED IT..
petey

Sikeston, MO

#19 Aug 21, 2008
Im trying to learn how to Screenprint tshirts which is in the sales. But theres some things I just cant get right and its killing me cause I cant ever get my orders done..
jack of all trades

Somerset, KY

#20 Aug 21, 2008
Cutural observer wrote:
Only an idiot would be in sales in a town that is dominated by people with pitiful credit.
bank lending practices are tightening up all across U.S. even people with good credit can't get the good rates right now. any way people in sales don't always have to rely on credit. goods or services that are in our mainstream economy would be stuff like food, or food service products, commodity items such as light bulbs, soap, firearms ammo, janitorial supplies, screen printed t-shirts as petey stated he liked. most of this stuff can be sold to merchants or retailers. no worry for regular consumer credit there . only buisness accounts. which would be good...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr history fan 136,728
Cundiff square monument 3 hr sad but true 9
Oakwood a good facility now to place a loved one? 4 hr staff member 8
Word Association (Feb '09) 6 hr texas pete 12,016
Debate: Gay Marriage - Somerset, KY (Jul '10) 6 hr Allanon80 809
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 7 hr _Zoey_ 11,119
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 7 hr covcas 25,897
More from around the web

Somerset People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]