huanted houses / hardwick house

Posted in the Somerset Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
spiritladyk

Brunswick, OH

#1 Aug 30, 2009
Hoping someone can help me. I have heard numerous stories about the Hardwick House but I have never heard where it is locaated. Any information would be greatly appericated.
terry h

London, KY

#2 Aug 31, 2009
Are you talking about the old sanitarium that was in Ferguson? It's gone now, but man that house was CRAZY spooked. Tunnels and everything. A lady used to watch us from the top window get on the bus in the mornings.Couldn't keep a dog.
princess

Bulan, KY

#3 Aug 31, 2009
So is it torn down?
terry h

London, KY

#4 Aug 31, 2009
princess wrote:
So is it torn down?
Yes but the tunnels are still there. Thats how the dr got from his office to the hospital without anyone seeing him. There were angry mobs of missing patients families looking for him. They finally got him on his front porch though. He was performing experiments on the mental patients, and many failed.
ms hardwick

London, KY

#5 Aug 31, 2009
spiritladyk wrote:
Hoping someone can help me. I have heard numerous stories about the Hardwick House but I have never heard where it is locaated. Any information would be greatly appericated.
There is also a house near the old underpass downtown that is notorious for a very angery spirit/demon. I knew a family that fled in the middle of the night and will NEVER go back. They actually avoid that part of town even, afraid it will bother them again.
Curious

Somerset, KY

#6 Aug 31, 2009
If your talking about the old Hardwick house by Hardwick cemetery it was burnt or torn down.
princess

Bulan, KY

#7 Aug 31, 2009
I know where Ferguson is...how do you get to this tunnel?
ms hardwick

London, KY

#8 Aug 31, 2009
The tunnel is where the old home sat. there is a new home on the site now. You would have to get the home owners permission to look at it. There is only a cover over it.
spiritladyk

Aberdeen, OH

#9 Aug 31, 2009
Thank you for everyones responses. The house Iam talking about does have a cemetery on the propety. One of thestories that I have been told has to do with the father that lived there killing his daughter and putting her in the well.He then supposedly kiled himself but when he was found the people said that he was tore open from the inside. There is supposedly a demon or violent spirit on the grounds. Again if you know the location it would be greatly appericated.
Curious

Somerset, KY

#10 Aug 31, 2009
There is a dangerous open well on the property where the house is so if you go there be careful. It is located in Wayne County like your going out to Echo point in Bronston. Don't turn to go out Echo Point. Just keep going straight. It was dark when I was there so I can't tell you how far you have to go before you get to it. We didn't see anything at the old house but some creepy stuff was going on at the cemetery.
spiritladyk

Aberdeen, OH

#11 Sep 1, 2009
Thank you Curious, for the information. Have you heard any stories about the history of the house?
Curious

Somerset, KY

#12 Sep 1, 2009
Not really. A friend just took us there a few months ago. He was telling us some stories but I didn't hear all that he was saying about it.
been there

Somerset, KY

#13 Sep 4, 2009
The old hardwick house was in bronston but the owner burnt it down cause there were to many kids getting in there and causing trouble and getting hurt. It was an awsome place though. My sis has pics from there that are unbelievable.
someone

Albany, KY

#14 Sep 4, 2009
spiritladyk wrote:
Thank you for everyones responses. The house Iam talking about does have a cemetery on the propety. One of thestories that I have been told has to do with the father that lived there killing his daughter and putting her in the well.He then supposedly kiled himself but when he was found the people said that he was tore open from the inside. There is supposedly a demon or violent spirit on the grounds. Again if you know the location it would be greatly appericated.
by far one of the spookiest places ive ever been
Just my opinion

Somerset, KY

#15 Sep 4, 2009
ms hardwick wrote:
<quoted text>There is also a house near the old underpass downtown that is notorious for a very angery spirit/demon. I knew a family that fled in the middle of the night and will NEVER go back. They actually avoid that part of town even, afraid it will bother them again.
My mom lived in it. Don't go upstairs.
ms hardwick

Somerset, KY

#16 Sep 6, 2009
Just my opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
My mom lived in it. Don't go upstairs.
My friends mom who lived there went outside one evening to get the cat, and was calling, here kitty kitty, and something walked up behind her and in a deep gravelly voice repeated here kitty kitty, but REAL mean! she thought she would have a heart attack!They left that evening and sent others to pack up. Tell us about the upstairs.
spiritladyk

West Union, OH

#17 Sep 7, 2009
Thanks for the information. Have any of you all heard the story behind the events that happened there? I have heard that there was family members murdered and that the man killed himself. supposedly when they found him he was torn from the inside out. I have also heard that there is evilness around the property.
Birdzilla

Fort Jones, CA

#18 Sep 16, 2009
The WINCHESTER HOUSE in SAN JOSIE and the WAVERLY HOUSE the MYRTLES PLANTATION in lLOIUSANA and RAYTHAM HALL in NEW YORK
Spirit 101

Elizabethtown, KY

#19 Sep 22, 2009
We went to this place this weekend. Notihng really happend. Its all grown up around it. We didn't want to walk off the road cause of snakes and we didn't know where the well was. There was a light in the top of a tree that we couldnt re create or figure out what was making it.
Spirit 101

Elizabethtown, KY

#20 Sep 22, 2009
I would love to explore more places like this around town. Maybe get a small group together and check out all the "hot spots" that are close. Anybody have any equipment?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 28 min Trouser Cough 26,299
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 38 min aWitchintheWoods 137,912
Anyone ever attend the mandatory Families in Tr... (Mar '11) 3 hr control 25
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 3 hr Rose of Tralee 11,183
19 Kids and Counting 6 hr Anon 6
News I-66: The road to controversy (Jul '08) 6 hr Henry Ford 172
Play chain reaction (Sep '08) 7 hr Dickens1 12,160
More from around the web

Somerset People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]