need info

London, KY

#1 Nov 15, 2012
My doctor is wanting to send me to a pain clinic here in Somerset. However, I have heard some very negative things about them. Do they often get you hooked on pain meds? I don't want that. are ther good pain clinics here as well as bad? If so, which are the good ones?

Level 1

Since: Sep 12

Louisville, KY

#2 Nov 16, 2012
My insurance company is requiring me to go to a pain management clinic as well before they will help me pay for my much needed surgery. I have never hear anything good about pain clinics either, they pretty much toss pain meds at anyone they can and do get people hooked (thats what I have heard). I chose not to do that because like you, I don't want to get hooked either. I am not sure what your situation is, you may be in great need of pain medication for legit medical reasons, in that case you should look into it but just be very cautious about it. Hope that helps a little!:)

Cool Hand Clem

“One day at a time”

Level 6

Since: Oct 12

----<>-----<>----<>-----<>---

#4 Nov 19, 2012
Most of the pain clinics are legitimate.Your doctor should know.
Youdontsay

Tucker, GA

#5 Nov 20, 2012
They sent my mother to the one n London . They are REALLY strict. She has to go every month. She sets for over 4-5 hours each time. It is a two hour drive one way. She has seen a doctor n person twice. Has to do conference meeting over computer. She is n so much pain all the time but they will not increase her medicines or change them. Her back is so bad no surgery will help. Shots not option because her back has crunched up to where they can't tell where her spinal cord is. She couldn't afford surgery when was option now to late. She sets with tears n her eyes from pain. Has to walk with cane. So please don't wait to long. Good luck .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 11 min Aithusa 34,709
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 19 min Junket 12,955
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 23 min Strel 157,941
Bluegrass Oakwood (Jul '09) 1 hr thanks 48
ANY good doctors in Somerset area? (Dec '07) 1 hr Twanna 77
Are You a Victim of Misty Cundiff? 4 hr citizen 12
PTSD Malingering (i.e. Faking PTSD Symptoms) (Aug '12) 11 hr Universal Soldier 35

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages