Restless

Somerset, KY

#1 Dec 3, 2008
They really need to work on their customer service. I was there today and the cashier was extremely rude. I'm a younger adult, and she was older, I don't know if this is why, however she was extremely nice to the elderly lady in front of me. It really upsets me that just because I'm younger means I don't deserve the same amount of respect and courtesy as anyone else. My money spends the same as John's and Mary's. One of my products rang up two dollars more expensive/lb than what was advertised and she didn't even offer to check it for me and I didn't have time to argue. It just really aggravated me.
Saint Leroy

Corbin, KY

#2 Dec 3, 2008
have you tried the SOUTH kroger? much better imo. especially that chase guy. but north does have issac and the wayne guy in meat. i usually go south but sometimes if i want to stare at issac i go up town
Restless

Somerset, KY

#3 Dec 3, 2008
Well... I really just go for my groceries - not too worried about the scenery. I'm more concerned about customer service. South Kroger is too far to drive for groceries for me.
North Kroger

Somerset, KY

#4 Dec 4, 2008
I work at the north kroger and I am sorry you were treated rudely. If that ever happens again talk to a manager. Or if you don't have time call back and speak to one. Most of the employee's are not rude.
Kroger shopper

Somerset, KY

#5 Dec 4, 2008
I shop at the north store also. Some of the employee's are rude. But there is good employee's also. I have always been treated really nice in the produce all of them are always helpful and nice.
Tommy

Brownsville, TN

#6 Dec 4, 2008
The guy that works in the gas station late at night is a MORON. Always screws up how much you want to pre pay and always forgets to scan our kroger card, even if we give it to him.

Also hes messed up my change when I used two 20's once.
Restless

Somerset, KY

#7 Dec 4, 2008
I know there are good employees also - and this wasn't a stab at anyone but that particular lady. I just felt like I was being treated with less respect and courtesy because I am younger, and I wanted to vent. There are a lot of "older" people in this particular area who think that because you are young you must be a trouble maker or disrespectful or rude. Next time I will speak to a manager. I know there IS an elderly man who works the self-check out area and he is super sweet.
Single Mom

Somerset, KY

#8 Dec 4, 2008
I like the north Kroger When I go in with my kids. The girls in Produce always give them a balloon. And then the Deil Girls give them a cookie. My Kids are happy . I Love it.
Restless

Somerset, KY

#9 Dec 4, 2008
Single Mom wrote:
I like the north Kroger When I go in with my kids. The girls in Produce always give them a balloon. And then the Deil Girls give them a cookie. My Kids are happy . I Love it.
I think you're missing my point. I felt like I was being disrespected because of my age, because I don't have any kids, and for whatever other reason.
Dee

Mount Vernon, KY

#10 Dec 4, 2008
North Kroger is much nicer than the south, and a lot more professional about things and the way they do things.

If you were treated differently and you feel like it's because of your age, you should call the store and ask to talk to the Customer service manager. She's very nice and she would have taken care of the problem.

It's your own fault that you had to pay more for the item that was on sale... You should have said something. Kroger HAS people called supervisors, they wear red vests and that is their job(making sure the customer is happy, checking prices, etc etc etc). It wouldn't have taken that long and if it was that upsetting to you, you should have taken care of that.
Restless

Somerset, KY

#11 Dec 4, 2008
Maybe so Dee... like I said before I wanted to vent and also see if anyone else had experienced the same type of issue there. Also, like I said before, if it happens again, I will say something. Thanks for your input though.
Sandy

Somerset, KY

#12 Dec 5, 2008
I don't like the way i was treated there. I am not young and not old just middle age. The workers just didn't offer to help in any way. What's up with that.
busterboy

Somerset, KY

#13 Jul 2, 2009
i work at krogers and if you ever need anything look for me in the meat dept my name is david . im always happy to help everyone
football56

London, KY

#14 Jul 5, 2009
i know that if you r rude to them they will be rude, "golden rule"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alison Grimes, Not No, But Hell No! 5 min Billy 131
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 48 min mgrody 5,308
Georgia Guidestones (Jan '13) 2 hr Son of God 2
Is Target really coming (Aug '08) 2 hr Buddah 44
Derek or Derrick he traveled building water tow... 2 hr smarterthanyou 1
Word Association (Feb '09) 3 hr Crazy Jae 11,556
Can anyone tell me where to find cheap storage ... 3 hr Moving out 1
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 3 hr Trouser Cough 21,048
•••
•••