Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 20 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Level 1

Since: Feb 12

Roseville, CA

#114332 Oct 9, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not worship a crucifix. That happens to be your misguided OPINION.
Is it your gang sign?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#114333 Oct 9, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Since I don't ride motorcycles I will not dispute your opinion.
Would that also apply to football and hockey?
There is a good argument against helmets in football since with helmets the players tend to use the helmet in tackles and we have seen a greater and greater closed head injury rates with Helmets than we saw back in the day when only thin lightly padded leather was used... The extra mass can cause greater forward momentum and when the head hit's the brain is still in motion,,, The argument is that without helmets the players would not lead with their heads therefore preventing cervical damage and closed head injuries

Hockey on the other hand uses the helmets and face guard to protect against Puck impacts and stick slices.. And like Hard Hats for construction protecting from objects in motion Hockey protection from flying objects and sticks makes sense...
curious

Ocoee, FL

#114334 Oct 9, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a good argument against helmets in football since with helmets the players tend to use the helmet in tackles and we have seen a greater and greater closed head injury rates with Helmets than we saw back in the day when only thin lightly padded leather was used... The extra mass can cause greater forward momentum and when the head hit's the brain is still in motion,,, The argument is that without helmets the players would not lead with their heads therefore preventing cervical damage and closed head injuries
Hockey on the other hand uses the helmets and face guard to protect against Puck impacts and stick slices.. And like Hard Hats for construction protecting from objects in motion Hockey protection from flying objects and sticks makes sense...
Congratulations are in order.
One of the very few times you and I totally agree.
Ouch , How it pained me to say that

Let us not make this a habit......LOL
curious

Ocoee, FL

#114335 Oct 9, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So we have different opinions of what is murder. I believe if you kill someone due to their religious beliefs, it is murder. American law says the same. So American law disagrees with the outcome.
America's values are not that of your superstition.
No ,,,, We have different opinions on Just Punishment.
Those who worshipped the calf had been instructed not to do so and were given the reasons why they should not do so. It would be detrimental to the wellbeing of the entire congregation ,as you well know

They knew full well there would be cosecuences as you well know
Not only that , They were given the opportunity to correct the error of their ways , which they refused as you well know.
They had no one to blame for their fate but themselves as you well know
curious

Ocoee, FL

#114336 Oct 9, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it your gang sign?
No ,never had a gang sign
At my age , I would not belong to a gang.
But , were I to start one , I would name it "The Disciples" and our sign would be an Unbeliever , kneeling, in deep prayer asking Christ to come into his life.
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#114337 Oct 9, 2013
Morning Star wrote:
<quoted text>
And you sir are a liar. Here's the actual talk given on the year 1975. You can't claim it's bias because it's one of your own telling the lies.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =cqN2XsVhL3QXX&list=PLFmLi 8BYaVktLNG9Ffz_fDnE5ZvtHlQKK
It is nothing of the sort! It claims to be a talk given at a circuit Assembly---If it was true it would give the location of said Circuit Assembly the date etc.
Like I said I have been reading the Watchtower and Awake magazines since 1964 and somehow that escaped my attention! I think it is very interesting that almost 8 million Jehovah's Witnesses worldwide have been mislead while a brilliant individual like you was able to see the fallacy of the Watchtower. Where did you acquire such wisdom? Indeed!
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#114338 Oct 9, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>Can you be more specific...Who is 'my' founder [as you posted about]and what false statements am I parading around as truth? In case you missed it, I have No Founder as I have stated on numerous occasions. I do not follow any 'religion' any 'denomination' or any 'cult'
Evidently your god can be identified at 2 Corinthians 4:4. You are unaware of the god of this world. SAD! SAD! SAD!
Level 1

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#114339 Oct 9, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
It is nothing of the sort! It claims to be a talk given at a circuit Assembly---If it was true it would give the location of said Circuit Assembly the date etc.
Like I said I have been reading the Watchtower and Awake magazines since 1964 and somehow that escaped my attention! I think it is very interesting that almost 8 million Jehovah's Witnesses worldwide have been mislead while a brilliant individual like you was able to see the fallacy of the Watchtower. Where did you acquire such wisdom? Indeed!
If you want to learn what the average Jehovah's Witnesses believes, you donít read the Bible, you read the Watchtower Magazine. This is because the Watchtower is the source of their theological beliefs, not the Bible.

Thank you for proving my point when I posted this months and months ago!
Morning Star

Somerset, KY

#114340 Oct 9, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Man, the information is right there under your finger tips. All you have to do is Google it. I know you're not allowed to read anything the JWs don't approve but listen to my link and then look it up yourself. There's a reason why they try and keep you in the dark.

If you claim to be a card carrying JW back in 75 and the surrounding years then once again you are a liar. They did claim this just as sure as they claimed 1914.
Level 1

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#114341 Oct 9, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps he/she exercised their personal right to individually think on their own! You can find a wealth of information if you are willing and open to the possibilities available.
Do you remember those times when you would make decisions on you own, think for yourself, and determine what is right and/or wrong w/out someone telling you.
....... In reference to Moses and the Israelites ....
Even other Christians admit Moses took the law into his own hands, and abused his Authority. In today's standards that would be considered Vigilante Justice and carries a stiff punishment.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#114342 Oct 10, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You are afraid of the wrong side... 90% of all unjustified homicides are committed by either registered democrats or by their personal histories are Liberal/democrat in political positions...
Great post!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#114343 Oct 10, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Higgs, a known Atheist was just awarded the nobel prize in physics which equates to 1.2 Million $$$.
so Dick {head} how many nobel prizes have you won?
Amount of time 1.2 Million $$$ buys in Heaven...
ZERO!
Amount of time Repentance buys you in Heaven...
Eternity!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#114344 Oct 10, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, I didn't tell them where I moved to. The only neighbors I have to worry about right now are crazy drivers and the homeowners association.
I never understood why on God's green earth, a person would buy a house for X$... then pay a HOA for the rest of their lives, and to be subject to them...
"You can only have this type, and color of mailbox..."
I guess it keeps you from having to think too much!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#114345 Oct 10, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Killing a homeless person means only "a bit more" than stepping on an ant?
You are sick.
And killing a cop is "much more" than killing a homeless person?
Why? Because a cop is providing a service to society and the homeless person is not?
Well, then why is abortion wrong? A fetus is providing no service either.
Sure, someday it might. But then again, so might that homeless person.
You can't have it both ways.
How did I know you'd miss the point???
Killing Babies in the womb.... Might be your cup koolaid...
I'd say... you are the sick one!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#114346 Oct 10, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
2 John 1:7
"those who do not confess the coming of Jesus Christ in the flesh. Such a one is the deceiver and the antichrist".
Hmmmm...
And a "Pope" telling you that an Atheist will make it to heaven "IF" he does good works... isn't a "Deceiver"???
Who was the Father of Lies???
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#114347 Oct 10, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You mean, crimes against the claims of god?
I am free in America, due to its founding principles to break most of your gods commandments, god damn it. Don't like it? To god damned bad, your god can do nothing about it.
Now if you wish to be gods enforcement agency, you will be prosecuted by the America that the bible was not founded upon.
"if you wish to be gods enforcement agency"???
Does God need me to silence your evil lips???
NO! He'll do that Himself!
Wait for it!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#114348 Oct 10, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I will not forget about it, not sure about the others here. Kind of hard to forget about the founder of your beliefs being a mass murderer. I will point it out often.
You can try to run from this important issue if you wish, but this is a large reason atheists see your kind as being in denial.
Thanks for proving our Bible to be True, and
our God to be Just!
Your Evil will not be missed in Paradise!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#114349 Oct 10, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it's true.... The Overall voting records of the Major Cities such as Detroit, Chicago, LA, NY, Atlanta ect. show Democrat Massive Majority.... and a few voted so with 100% to 115% of the registered voting numbers... Now aline that with the FBI Stat's on the US Prison Populations and where the crimes happen about 90% of US Violent Crimes take place in Cities over 200,000 people... With a large number of Gangs, both Hispanic and Black, making up a large segment of that... Knowing the Demographics of such groups the Vast Majority support and agree with Liberal political policies...
So I stand by the Rational observation that Prisons are Overwhelmingly Democrats and Liberals... I think 90% sounds about right for the populations...
Great post!
But you know... He'll call you a liar...
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#114350 Oct 10, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Now the Golden Calf for Christians is adopted from the Pagan God Tammuz symbol "see: Ezekial 8:14 " the crucifix. Christians pledge allegiance to the flag under "Satan the God of this world" showing that they are still worshipping symbols just like the ones that Moses murdered.
YAA,curious would have been murdered by Moses for their pagan worship.
Ding Dong.... your brain calling!
We do not worship the flag, or the Cross...
We ONLY Worship God...
The Cross is only a symbol of His Love for US, and to get up your nose!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#114351 Oct 10, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't wear a helmet because I understand physics, DOT and Snell ratings and the stat's from my last ome state of Michigan that had a helmet law for many years and then changed the law to No Helmet...
a 2 lb helmet has a very heavy Inertial mass at 60mph.. While the impact rating under DOT and Snell of about 25mph... The Inertial mass causes the head to be forced into an impact that may have not occurred without the added mass... It also causes a greater rate of spinal damage... In Michigan the Death Rate due to head injury did rise by about 2% after they passed the No Helmet laws but the number of Paralysis due to spinal cord damage Dropped by 28%...
Then there is the issue with helmets limiting vision and hearing potential crash situations until the last moment ... In all states that have dropped mandatory helmet laws and seen a reduction of crashes in the first place...
A friend of my dad's, another "Goldwing" rider... turned left from the outside lane making a U turn... a car clipped his back wheel, knocking the bike over, he bumped his head, walked away from the accident...
Died later from bleeding in his head... No Helmet!
Busey... No Helmet, and look at him now...
Helmet or no... No man knows the time of his recall!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
4 word game (Jan '09) 3 hr Hatti_Hollerand 2,137
3 word comment - (Oct '09) 3 hr Hatti_Hollerand 6,176
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 3 hr Hatti_Hollerand 11,102
This or That? (May '11) 3 hr Hatti_Hollerand 1,437
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 3 hr Hatti_Hollerand 25,800
Drug problem 5 hr clean 9
Looking 8 hr Looking 1
More from around the web

Somerset People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE