Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,708)

Showing posts 94,141 - 94,160 of123,128
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Jasper

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

PSALMS 72:9

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

You are simply wrong wrote:
Oops....Sorry Brother Old, forgot to change the handle while you were cooking the eggs. The hazard of not having my own computer and you letting me use yours
Maybe when you've finished messing around in the kitchen you can get that mathematical proof you claimed to have. You know, the differential calculus that proves free will exists? I'm still waiting to see that.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

PREVIOUS PATIENT AT KDMC wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG! Jesus' last words were, "IT IS FINISHED"
I thought it was "Hey, I can see my house from up here!"

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The flaw in your response is that YOU did not respond to what Big Bang theory wrote;merely stating that there is more than one planet and that the world is not perfect,does not answer the question,
How did,absolutely nothing,manage to create the Universe?
Which includes the planets,stars and a superb and intricate machine known as the human species,among other forms of life.
The fact that the human species,with it's intelligence, is not able to create even the simplest forms of life based on their theory of evolution,is somewhat ironic.
In other words, Evolutionists believe that our intelligence was created by some unintelligent process,which they,with their intelligence ,are unable to explain or duplicate....
Which would lead one to conclude,that the unintelligent process that creared them is more intelligent than they are..
That is Scientific fiction,along with a mixture of convoluted logic.....
It did not need to be created it has always been.(just like you say about your god)
This has been discussed many times in this thread, you keep beating it because that is the only response that you have.
It did not get "created" out of nothing. There has always been energy, there has always been life. PROVE that I am wrong

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Big bang therory wrote:
<quoted text>
Like i said 1 of 2 choices:
!. God made everything.
2. N O T H IN G made everything.
True believing in God as "always being " is hard to grasp.
But N O T H I N G making everything is far more of a pie in the sky fairy tale.
But maybe you can enlighten our minds to the truth.
Answer if you can Which one do you believe of the 2? Neither?-Than how did the universe get here. or are you like all the rest of us mortals,you do not know "HOW" . Like I said God making everything seems more likely. But sin nce you seem to be far more knowledgeable on the subject ,please answer this. I wager you wont or can't .WAITING. God or NOTHING??(Your choice ).PS both take great faith.
Who said that there are only two choses (of your picking)? Who said that YOU get to decide that we may only choose the two choses that you picked? Who says that there was nothing? There has ALWAYS been energy.
YOU do not get to tell me that I must pick from YOUR choses.
There was energy, there has always been life, you pick from those choses.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The flaw in your response is that YOU did not respond to what Big Bang theory wrote;merely stating that there is more than one planet and that the world is not perfect,does not answer the question,
How did,absolutely nothing,manage to create the Universe?
Which includes the planets,stars and a superb and intricate machine known as the human species,among other forms of life.
The fact that the human species,with it's intelligence, is not able to create even the simplest forms of life based on their theory of evolution,is somewhat ironic.
In other words, Evolutionists believe that our intelligence was created by some unintelligent process,which they,with their intelligence ,are unable to explain or duplicate....
Which would lead one to conclude,that the unintelligent process that creared them is more intelligent than they are..
That is Scientific fiction,along with a mixture of convoluted logic.....
Yes, I did reply to "how was the earth made perfect for life by chance" because the earth is not the only planet it was not by chance, there are other planets in our solar system that do not have life on them. His question would only make sense if the earth was they only planet. And the earth is not perfect, it is not round, it does not stay in the same orbit but changes by hundreds of thousands of miles (so much for his statement that it is the exact orbit for life) and its orbit is not a circle but an ellipse

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
What he said was "I do not hear the voices any more, I am not a god after all"

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Big bang therory wrote:
<quoted text>
How was the universe made ? Waiting for answer. Please let us believers in God and unbelievers in God know. will you explain to us IF you can .
Your question is nonsensical. It's like asking "how many vowels are in a gallon of alarm clocks?" The very couching of your question betrays your bias. The universe was not "made."
You first make the assumption that there was a time before time, that energy was brought in from outside of time-space and organized with forethought, that "someone" had to exist before existence to "make" existence and so on.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Big bang therory wrote:
<quoted text>
Like i said 1 of 2 choices:
!. God made everything.
2. N O T H IN G made everything.
True believing in God as "always being " is hard to grasp.
But N O T H I N G making everything is far more of a pie in the sky fairy tale.
But maybe you can enlighten our minds to the truth.
Answer if you can Which one do you believe of the 2? Neither?-Than how did the universe get here. or are you like all the rest of us mortals,you do not know "HOW" . Like I said God making everything seems more likely. But sin nce you seem to be far more knowledgeable on the subject ,please answer this. I wager you wont or can't .WAITING. God or NOTHING??(Your choice ).PS both take great faith.
You start from a position of ignorance... You have No Idea of the concepts you speak of with absolutely no understanding of the concepts yet base your views on that ignorance... Let's start at a Very Simple mental construct.... E=Mc2 ... Energy equals Matter time the speed of light squared... Or .. Matter divided by the speed of light squared equals energy... You don't have to understand the math just the Concept that has been Experimentally Proven in every nuclear reactor running and atomic bomb ever detonated..

So If I have a 1" X 1" X 1" Cube of Matter and converted it Completely I have Pure Energy without Matter... You would call it "Nothing"... But that Nothing is just as Real as that 1" cube of matter... there is Energy between Everything.. Take Your Body.. Your Body is 99.99% Nothing... Between every sub-atomic particle is Space , that Space is Energy... If we compressed your body enough all the actual Physical Particles that makes you up would be smaller than a Single Hydrogen Atom... Because 99.999% of a Hydrogen Atom is Space/Energy....
Big bang therory

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>It did not need to be created it has always been.(just like you say about your god)
This has been discussed many times in this thread, you keep beating it because that is the only response that you have.
It did not get "created" out of nothing. There has always been energy, there has always been life. PROVE that I am wrong
You say the universe was not created out of nothing .But created out of energy -What or who made or used the energy to form the universe? Your fairy tale is so unbelievable.
Example:
Father tells this story to his child . "Son ,God does not exist so therefore he did not make our world or anything else . But billions or more years ago there was energy ,it over all those billions of years made the earth ,sun ,moon stars ,humans all fish, plants, animals and everything ".
Little boy,"Daddy who used that energy to make everything so perfect?.I have energy ,you have energy,but we must use it to make or do things."
father "No ,my little boy ,not that kind of energy,this is an energy ,chemical in nature ".
Little boy "Like electricity or gas ?"
dad " No my child this was an energy that has always been ".
Little boy " Dad ,I think maybe there is a God.
Maybe daddy you do not want to believe in him,but that story on energy just does not make any sense."

And you have the nerve to tell us that believing in God is wrong.
Look ,either the world as you say has always been (made by no one )
or God made it. You beat around the bush, at least I am honest enough to admit that it takes a higher power (I call Him God ). You call it energy - so whose story is more believable. Do you really think that your view should be taught in schools as science ?(that this perfect universe was just a rare accident )? Remember this younger generation ASK QUESTIONS ,you do not have a leg to stand on. Try writing fairy tells ,you are certainly gifted.
Conclusion is ,I believe God made everything ,you believe nothing used energy and made it. Both require great faith. Your main problem is your ego,you can not admit there is one greater than man .

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Big bang therory wrote:
<quoted text>
You say the universe was not created out of nothing .But created out of energy -What or who made or used the energy to form the universe? Your fairy tale is so unbelievable.
Example:
Father tells this story to his child . "Son ,God does not exist so therefore he did not make our world or anything else . But billions or more years ago there was energy ,it over all those billions of years made the earth ,sun ,moon stars ,humans all fish, plants, animals and everything ".
Little boy,"Daddy who used that energy to make everything so perfect?.I have energy ,you have energy,but we must use it to make or do things."
father "No ,my little boy ,not that kind of energy,this is an energy ,chemical in nature ".
Maybe daddy you do not want to believe in him,but that story on energy just does not make any sense."
or God made it. You beat around the bush, at least I am honest enough to admit that it takes a higher power (I call Him God ). You call it energy - so whose story is more believable. Do you really think that your view should be taught in schools as science ?(that this perfect universe was just a rare accident )? Remember this younger generation ASK QUESTIONS ,you do not have a leg to stand on. Try writing fairy tells ,you are certainly gifted.
Conclusion is ,I believe God made everything ,you believe nothing used energy and made it. Both require great faith. Your main problem is your ego,you can not admit there is one greater than man .
Nether, the world has not always been and no god made it.
Oh, I am sure that there is greater than man, I can not help but believe that if there is life on earth there may be life elsewhere in the vastness, billions of planets of space.
But to be plain, YOUR version of god, that which elevates you above others is not real.
If there was some divinity it would be the opposite of the evil of the god that you worship.
You do NOT get to make parameters that I must choose from or believe.
You can not accept that you are no better than any one, the homeless, a hooker, a killer, are the same as you are.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Big bang therory wrote:
<quoted text>
Example:
See post 95819 and 95818
PREVIOUS PATIENT AT KDMC

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Very cruel statement, but, Jesus STILL LOVES U!

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

#98519 and #98518, Dyslexic moment
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth is, I've never liked beer, wine or liquor. I'm one of the 37%.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13578...
Actually not much for any of here either.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You start from a position of ignorance... You have No Idea of the concepts you speak of with absolutely no understanding of the concepts yet base your views on that ignorance... Let's start at a Very Simple mental construct.... E=Mc2 ... Energy equals Matter time the speed of light squared... Or .. Matter divided by the speed of light squared equals energy... You don't have to understand the math just the Concept that has been Experimentally Proven in every nuclear reactor running and atomic bomb ever detonated..
So If I have a 1" X 1" X 1" Cube of Matter and converted it Completely I have Pure Energy without Matter... You would call it "Nothing"... But that Nothing is just as Real as that 1" cube of matter... there is Energy between Everything.. Take Your Body.. Your Body is 99.99% Nothing... Between every sub-atomic particle is Space , that Space is Energy... If we compressed your body enough all the actual Physical Particles that makes you up would be smaller than a Single Hydrogen Atom... Because 99.999% of a Hydrogen Atom is Space/Energy....
Since this post makes sense "big bang theory" will ignore it. Truth causes christians pain. And this post will give "big bang theory" major butt hurt
nick

Fremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

concerned wrote:
The danger in teaching the Bible is that this book has the power to create faith even in an atheist. If it is allowed to be taught there is a strong possibility someone could be converted to Jesus Christ. Under the current world views is it possible to allow such a powerful tool for good to be taught in public schools and that before the young minds of the future?
so what
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>So you do not use the old testament to condemn gay people?
Not my business, like anything else- so long as they're not bothering anyone else.

Really, I much prefer the NT (unless looking at some archeological reference to world civ and history that might pertain) and I'm sure no fan of wasting time digging around looking for stuff to condemn others over, just to be condemning, finding that kind of nonsense "bananas-b-a-n-a-n-a-s ".

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

To understand the universe you must think about frequency, vibration, and energy
N Tesla
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I see that the mention of beer distracted you.
Did you forget something?
"I know of times that God demanded, endorsed and even committed killings, but would you be kind enough to show me where the Bible says that Satan ever told anyone to kill?"
Paradox.

I'm always forgetting something or another, until I remember it anyway.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 94,141 - 94,160 of123,128
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the Somerset Forum right now

Search the Somerset Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Could you have a sexless relationship and be st... (Feb '13) 4 hr all right 29
Girdler worried/ Barty worried 4 hr Jennifer 54
Consumer Reports Wrong About LCRH 5 hr Robin 32
Kentucky Basketball!! (Mar '12) 5 hr Ky wildcat 244
Hall for jailer beware he's a fake 5 hr Scooby Doo 2
Sheriffs Office Searching for Hubert Dugger 5 hr Billy Dugger 35
If the primary election were today for Sheriff ... 6 hr Jennifer 34
•••
•••