Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 166372 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Creation

Richmond, KY

#87846 Sep 30, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>The preaching of the Cross is foolishness to those who are perishing!
I know what He did for me, and None but Him could have done it!
God Bless!
Amen and God Bless to you.
Creation

Richmond, KY

#87847 Sep 30, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>IF your god where real I would tell him to his face that he is the most evil, sadistic bastard ever.
You do understand that your god hates you because you are not Jewish right?
You will have your chance. I really wish that you would take the time to find him in a positive light first. However, you can do with the life he has given you as you please.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.pixoto.com/quantumm

#87848 Sep 30, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>LOL
You forgot about the edge...
In all probability 10 trillion times... it's gotta stand up once!
I know... you don't have to say it!
Hahaha!
I didn't forget... And it might, flip it Enough times and it absolutely would land on it's edge and stay standing... Now for Big Numbers of Probable particle interactions that lead to Life consider the number of Particles in the Universe... A Single Hydrogen atom has at a minimum 2, but considering gluon's and quarks it's really much more, but we really can never know exactly.. So the number of particles in the Universe that can interact makes a trillion to the 10 trillionth power seem like a small number..... Then let those interactions occur over a minimum of 16 Billion years, But I think it's more like 50 billion years because most astrophysicists do not consider the velocity of c a variable... I do of course and would calculate a much slower expansion rate after the inflation period due to density of matter causing the early universe to expand at a much slower rate, increasing it's rate of expansion as it expands....
Just Noticed

Ray, OH

#87849 Sep 30, 2012
God sure is getting a lot of attention here. That is good.
Thinking

United States

#87850 Sep 30, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't forget... And it might, flip it Enough times and it absolutely would land on it's edge and stay standing... Now for Big Numbers of Probable particle interactions that lead to Life consider the number of Particles in the Universe... A Single Hydrogen atom has at a minimum 2, but considering gluon's and quarks it's really much more, but we really can never know exactly.. So the number of particles in the Universe that can interact makes a trillion to the 10 trillionth power seem like a small number..... Then let those interactions occur over a minimum of 16 Billion years, But I think it's more like 50 billion years because most astrophysicists do not consider the velocity of c a variable... I do of course and would calculate a much slower expansion rate after the inflation period due to density of matter causing the early universe to expand at a much slower rate, increasing it's rate of expansion as it expands....
I personally believe that matter is infinitly small. That sub atomic particles are ever smaller so that there exists no particle without stucture.
That's just something that occured to me one day. I know it's not an original idea, but I'd never heard it before. Anyway, that's what I think and it seems to be in line with the way that God does things.
Fighting Satan

West Union, OH

#87851 Sep 30, 2012
I vote for God.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#87852 Sep 30, 2012
Fighting Satan wrote:
I vote for God.
Then you choose evil.
Fighting Satan

West Union, OH

#87853 Sep 30, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Then you choose evil.
you are evil ...

#87854 Sep 30, 2012
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
I personally believe that matter is infinitly small. That sub atomic particles are ever smaller so that there exists no particle without stucture.
That's just something that occured to me one day. I know it's not an original idea, but I'd never heard it before. Anyway, that's what I think and it seems to be in line with the way that God does things.
And there in lyes the rub.... You Believe... Which requires no evidence to form a rational conclusion... I Never believe and only base my conclusions on evidence...

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#87855 Sep 30, 2012
Fighting Satan wrote:
<quoted text>
you are evil ...
From YOUR bible ; Psalms 137:9 Happy is the one who seizes your infants
and dashes them against the rocks.
At the LORD's command, a man of God from Judah went to Bethel, and he arrived there just as Jeroboam was approaching the altar to offer a sacrifice. Then at the LORD's command, he shouted, "O altar, altar! This is what the LORD says: A child named Josiah will be born into the dynasty of David. On you he will sacrifice the priests from the pagan shrines who come here to burn incense, and human bones will be burned on you." (1 Kings 13:1-2
The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given." (Luke 12:47-48
Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ.(Ephesians 6:5
Moses, Eleazar the priest, and all the leaders of the people went to meet them outside the camp. But Moses was furious with all the military commanders who had returned from the battle. "Why have you let all the women live?" he demanded. "These are the very ones who followed Balaam's advice and caused the people of Israel to rebel against the LORD at Mount Peor. They are the ones who caused the plague to strike the LORD's people. Now kill all the boys and all the women who have slept with a man. Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves.

Clearly Moses and God approves of rape of virgins.

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment.(Exodus 21:7-11
From there Elisha went up to Bethel. While he was on his way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him. "Go up baldhead," they shouted, "go up baldhead!" The prophet turned and saw them, and he cursed them in the name of the Lord. Then two shebears came out of the woods and tore forty two of the children to pieces.(2 Kings 2:23-24
Kill Old Men and Young Women

"You are my battle-ax and sword," says the LORD. "With you I will shatter nations and destroy many kingdoms. With you I will shatter armies, destroying the horse and rider, the chariot and charioteer. With you I will shatter men and women, old people and children, young men and maidens. With you I will shatter shepherds and flocks, farmers and oxen, captains and rulers. "As you watch, I will repay Babylon and the people of Babylonia for all the wrong they have done to my people in Jerusalem," says the LORD. "Look, O mighty mountain, destroyer of the earth! I am your enemy," says the LORD. "I will raise my fist against you, to roll you down from the heights. When I am finished, you will be nothing but a heap of rubble. You will be desolate forever. Even your stones will never again be used for building. You will be completely wiped out," says the LORD.(Jeremiah 51:20-26)

(Note that after God promises the Israelites a victory against Babylon, the Israelites actually get their butts kicked by them in the next chapter. So much for an all-knowing and all-powerful God.)

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#87856 Sep 30, 2012
So I am evil for pointing out how evil the christian god is? And how evil are the people whom worship such an evil god?

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#87857 Sep 30, 2012
Freedom OF religion gives every one the right to be free FROM others religion.
My children have the right to be free FROM your christian cult and to be free from you pushing YOUR religion on to them.
Known fact

Cape Canaveral, FL

#87858 Sep 30, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
From YOUR bible ; Psalms 137:9 Happyis the one who seizes your infantsand dashes themagainst the rocks.At the LORD's command,a man of God from Judah went to Bethel,and hearrived there justas Jeroboam wasapproaching thealtar to offera sacrifice. Thenat the LORD's command, he shouted, "Oaltar,altar!This is what the LORD says:A child named Josiah will be born into the dynasty of David. On you he will sacrifice the priests from the pagan shrines who come here to burn incense,and human bones will be burned on you." (1 Kings 13:1-2 The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. "But people whoarenot aware that theyare doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Muchis required from those to whom muchis given,and much moreis required from those to whom much moreis given." (Luke 12:47-48 Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respectand fear. Serve them sincerelyas you would serve Christ.(Ephesians 6:5 Moses, Eleazar the priest,andall the leaders of the people went to meet them outside the camp. But Moses was furious withall the military commanders who had returned from the battle. "Why have you letall the women live?" he demanded. "Theseare the very ones who followed Balaam'sadviceand caused the people ofIsrael to rebelagainst the LORDat Mount Peor. Theyare the ones who caused the plague to strike the LORD's people. Now killall the boysandall the women who have slept witha man. Only the young girls whoare virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves. Clearly Mosesand Godapproves of rape of virgins. Whena man sells his daughterasa slave, she willnot be freedat the end of six yearsas the menare. If she doesnot please the man who bought her, he mayallow her to be bought backagain. But heis not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since heis the one who broke the contract with her.And if the slave girl's ownerarranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat herasa slave girl, but he must treat heras his daughter. If he himself marries herand then takesanother wife, he maynot reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with heras his wife. If he fails inany of these three ways, she may leaveasa free woman without makingany payment.(Exodus 21:7-11 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. While he was on his way, some small boys came out of the cityand jeeredat him. "Go up baldhead," they shouted, "go up baldhead!" The prophet turnedand saw them,and he cursed them in the name of the Lord. Then two shebears came out of the woodsand tore forty two of the children to pieces.(2 Kings 2:23-24 Kill Old Menand Young Women "Youare my battle-axand sword," says the LORD. "With you I will shatter nationsand destroy many kingdoms. With you I will shatterarmies, destroying the horseand rider, the chariotand charioteer. With you I will shatter menand women, old peopleand children, young menand maidens. With you I will shatter shepherdsand flocks, farmersand oxen, captainsand rulers. "As you watch, I will repay Babylonand the people of Babylonia forall the wrong they have done to my people in Jerusalem," says the LORD. "Look, O mighty mountain, destroyer of the earth! Iam your enemy," says the LORD. "I will raise my fistagainst you, to roll you down from the heights. When Iam finished, you will benothing buta heap of rubble. You will be desolate forever. Even your stones will neveragain be used for building. You will be completely wiped out," says the LORD.(Jeremiah 51:20-26)(Note thatafter God promises theIsraelitesa victoryagainst Babylon, theIsraelitesactually get their butts kicked by them in the next chapter. So much foranall-knowingandall-powerfu l God.)
The only thing that is clear on this post is your lack of understanding of God's word the Bible....Or rather your clear understanding but like your father the devil you like to try to destort it!

SATAN_64

“Walk With Me In Hell”

Level 7

Since: Nov 11

Hell, Norway

#87859 Sep 30, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
So I am evil for pointing out how evil the christian god is? And how evil are the people whom worship such an evil god?
Yet, its only evil, if you disagree.

SATAN_64

“Walk With Me In Hell”

Level 7

Since: Nov 11

Hell, Norway

#87860 Sep 30, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Q,
How ya been? Hope all is good with you and yours.

#87861 Sep 30, 2012
SATAN_64 wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Q,
How ya been? Hope all is good with you and yours.
Howdy... Well Today Sucks... My Camera went belly up just in time for the fall colors to start..... Other than that it's all peachy... Where those rich benefactors when ya need em....

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#87862 Sep 30, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing that is clear on this post is your lack of understanding of God's word the Bible....Or rather your clear understanding but like your father the devil you like to try to destort it!
I understand that people who worship a god that demanded such evil are the evil ones. ACTIONS speak louder then words and we have a thousand years of evil from the christians to show that your words are lies to cover your evil!
whatever

Lexington, KY

#87863 Sep 30, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
And there in lyes the rub.... You Believe... Which requires no evidence to form a rational conclusion... I Never believe and only base my conclusions on evidence...
I assure you that you do not have concrete proof, for every thing that you call a fact, that you accept.

Do you?

If so then why blather on day after day, week after week, on a hillbilly gossip site? Go to some physics forum where people have the background to see through your ramblings. Or is that the thing, you know they'll see through you. Better stay here and spend the rest of you life trying to impress a handful of atheists on a gossip site.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#87864 Sep 30, 2012
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I assure you that you do not have concrete proof, for every thing that you call a fact, that you accept.
Do you?
If so then why blather on day after day, week after week, on a hillbilly gossip site? Go to some physics forum where people have the background to see through your ramblings. Or is that the thing, you know they'll see through you. Better stay here and spend the rest of you life trying to impress a handful of atheists on a gossip site.
But your proof that there is a god are all of the unanswered prayers? Oh, I am sorry I meant all of the prayers that god answered no
failed

New Haven, KY

#87865 Sep 30, 2012
Satanic Priest, you are really not the monster in the shadow. Do you not know love, or been kissed by someone who loves you? Have you not been held in your lifetime and felt the touch of love? No matter how strong you are, you also have a heart and from it feelings flow. Who will be there when you get old, to take care of you? To recall all the long years they had of loving you ? And when you pass , will someone not shed a tear for you? I really do think so....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 1 hr gladthelakeisback 36,830
Big boobs are gross, who agrees? (Apr '09) 3 hr tina 252
ARSON in the potato chip isle just kids 7 hr DNCBLM supporter 1
Fire at Kroger 15 hr Dan rather 8
Question about UGN. (Nov '11) 16 hr Must be lazy 6
Angela Gossett 18 hr Ky Girl 1
John whang did this too me!!!!! 18 hr Timothy 4

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance