Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 147289 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

you can ponder now

Glasgow, KY

#79884 Jun 9, 2012
Atheist wrote:
This is old, but it still upsets me.
I'm not too far out of high school.
I'm in college on a full scholarship.
I volunteer time at a nursing home, soup kitchen, and cleaning the highways. I have for a few years now, started volunteering at the hospital at 15, lead my to my desire to practice medicine.
I am an atheist. I do not steal, I volunteer my time, I avoid hate. I tend to be a better Christian than most Christians.
I would not want to see the bible pushed on students. It's a parent's job to reach their kids faith. If my kids want to go to church, they can.
My parents never forced it on me. I think I turned out alright.
The world is about being a better person, not shoving your believes down other's throats.
Just something to ponder on.
I don't need time to ponder. You sound like a very decent young person who does not have God in his heart. Sounds like you did turn out alright. I'm very glad you wouldn't keep your children from going to church to learn about the God who loves them and created them. When they give their heart and lives to Jesus they will have planned their home in Heaven. I'm sure they will be saddened by the fact that if you do not give your life to Jesus they will miss having you in Heaven with them. You can ponder on that thought.
you are wrong

Glasgow, KY

#79885 Jun 9, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
It is this type of thing that is kind of disgusting about religious zealotry. There is some kind of built-in celebration of suffering in the whole affair. Some Christians seem to get off on the idea of people being tortured.
You are so wrong. Why do you think those of us who know God are concerned about eternity for those of you who do not believe in Heaven and Hell. We are to witness to you and others. If we weren't concerned for you we could move right on. God wants all of us with Him on this earth and in the hereafter. That is the reason we were created. If only all of you could see and understand. You have a choice.
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#79886 Jun 9, 2012
trusted wrote:
<quoted text> Okay sorry as well. We must have alot in common. My heart has been troubled for some time. Sometimes the best thing to do is run away from it all and start over. Trust in nothing anymore. Love is not meant sometimes, and it is best to let it go.
Well, I don't know your situation, but I used to get troubled... now I pray...
No more troubles, as I place Christ above my problems, and they
fade away...
awmi.net
Andrew Wommack is a great
Gospel teacher... straight up Word the way it's supposed to be!
When I see the garbage going on in this world, I remember
Jesus saying "Fear Not", "Let Not your heart be troubled", and
"These things Must come to pass"...
Everything is going to happen according to His word!
We just hope they see it too, and turn from their ways... Amen!
God Bless :-)
Idiot

Glasgow, KY

#79887 Jun 9, 2012
One bright day in the middle of the night, two dead men got up to fight. Back to back, they faced each other; drew their swords and shot each other. If you don't believe this lie is true, ask the blind man; he saw it too!
trusted

Morgantown, KY

#79889 Jun 9, 2012
thanks for the site,will vist it from now on. Just need to pray a little harder I guess. Truth does not always set you free in this world , but have to know it will in the next.
trusted

Morgantown, KY

#79890 Jun 9, 2012
Happy Sat..... May it be a great one for you all..C ya, got to work...
juggalo

Rockwell, NC

#79892 Jun 9, 2012
trusted wrote:
thanks for the site,will vist it from now on. Just need to pray a little harder I guess. Truth does not always set you free in this world , but have to know it will in the next.
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Wolves/andrew_...

Here's some more great info on Andrew wommack
juggalo

Rockwell, NC

#79893 Jun 9, 2012
&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player

“There is no god.”

Level 2

Since: Jan 12

USA

#79894 Jun 9, 2012
*shakes head*
*sighs*
No way some of these people have read the bible.
juggalo

Rockwell, NC

#79895 Jun 9, 2012
http://www.christian-truth-ministry.com/andre...

I can see why yaa likes this guy so much ...they both have the same reading / comprehension skills

“There is no god.”

Level 2

USA

#79896 Jun 9, 2012
wtf wrote:
i think it should be okay to have abortions if it is a child who is only young and has been raped . some people should not have to hurt forever that way
Their god says its ok, wipe out whole countries, men, women, children, pets, hell kill everything that breaths, crawls, walks and flies. The christian way, "Do as I say, not as I do".

"We should always be disposed to believe that which appears to us to be white is really black, if the hierarchy of the church so decides."
— St. Ignatius Loyola

“There is no god.”

Level 2

USA

#79897 Jun 9, 2012
juggalo wrote:
http://www.christian-truth-min istry.com/andrew_wommack_false _teaching_or.htm
I can see why yaa likes this guy so much ...they both have the same reading / comprehension skills
TrueBeliever†

“There is no god.”

Level 2

USA

#79898 Jun 9, 2012
really wrote:
dont know about you ,but i am glad i am not God , too much work
You exist, impossible to be god.

“There is no god.”

Level 2

USA

#79899 Jun 9, 2012
The first, after birth, express lane, abortion clinic.

"And it came to pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon;"
Exodus 12:29-30

“Memento mori”

Level 1

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#79900 Jun 9, 2012
For my 666th post I would like to remind everyone of a few things:

·It's okay to work on Saturday and Sunday. In fact, go ahead and do that after reading this post.

·Abortion is not murder. If it were, then God is responsible for the deaths of 50+ billion (counting post birth). Plus, the bible says that life begins at birth when a baby take its first breath. Since most abortions are performed in the first trimester, I guess that's okay.

·Satan gave us the gift of enlightenment by coercing Eve into eating the fruit. And it would be wrong to not accept that gift, right YAA?

·Speaking of Eden, God lied and Satan told the truth. God tells Adam and Eve that they will die should they eat the forbidden fruit. The snake, later recast as Satan, tells them that they won't die when they eat it. When they eat the fruit, they do not die, so Satan actually told the truth and God lied.

·Depending on how man people you believed to be alive at the time, God is responsible for either the deaths of millions or billions of people. If you believe fetuses/embryos are people, the number could be close to 60 billion.

·Satan is responsible only for the death of Job's family, but that's after God tells him to kill them. They are later resurrected.

·If you believe that the bible is a good source of morality, then that means rape, murder, slavery, and, worst of all, celebrating a man sacrificing himself to create a loophole for the very things that he himself created.

·Lastly, if you were a slave-owner who raped and murdered your slaves, but were saved afterwards, you would get to go to heaven. If you were a person who lead a good life and did everything to help people, but you didn't believe in a god, you are punished by being sent to Hell forever.

“There is no god.”

Level 2

USA

#79901 Jun 9, 2012
EssentialSalts wrote:
·It's okay to work on Saturday and Sunday. In fact, go ahead and do that after reading this post.
·Abortion is not murder. If it were, then God is responsible for the deaths of 50+ billion (counting post birth). Plus, the bible says that life begins at birth when a baby take its first breath. Since most abortions are performed in the first trimester, I guess that's okay.
·Satan gave us the gift of enlightenment by coercing Eve into eating the fruit. And it would be wrong to not accept that gift, right YAA?
·Speaking of Eden, God lied and Satan told the truth. God tells Adam and Eve that they will die should they eat the forbidden fruit. The snake, later recast as Satan, tells them that they won't die when they eat it. When they eat the fruit, they do not die, so Satan actually told the truth and God lied.
·Depending on how man people you believed to be alive at the time, God is responsible for either the deaths of millions or billions of people. If you believe fetuses/embryos are people, the number could be close to 60 billion.
·Satan is responsible only for the death of Job's family, but that's after God tells him to kill them. They are later resurrected.
·If you believe that the bible is a good source of morality, then that means rape, murder, slavery, and, worst of all, celebrating a man sacrificing himself to create a loophole for the very things that he himself created.
·Lastly, if you were a slave-owner who raped and murdered your slaves, but were saved afterwards, you would get to go to heaven. If you were a person who lead a good life and did everything to help people, but you didn't believe in a god, you are punished by being sent to Hell forever.
Good post, looking forward to your 999 post.

“There is no god.”

Level 2

USA

#79902 Jun 9, 2012
"Salts" could be the antitheist.

“There is no god.”

Level 2

USA

#79903 Jun 9, 2012
EssentialSalts wrote:
"(counting post birth)" makes my "after birth" comment seem stupid now. Thanks.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#79904 Jun 9, 2012
you are wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so wrong. Why do you think those of us who know God are concerned about eternity for those of you who do not believe in Heaven and Hell. We are to witness to you and others. If we weren't concerned for you we could move right on. God wants all of us with Him on this earth and in the hereafter. That is the reason we were created. If only all of you could see and understand. You have a choice.
I actually think some of your types do have genuine concern, and do believe folks whom you like might go to hell for not believing as you do, and want to save us. I will give some of you credit for good intentions.

Others, I suspect. Others I think are secretly gleeful at the thought that folks who have crossed them or even disagreed with them will go to hell.

The motive is a key difference. I have a friend who is of the first type - in real life. I believe that on topix, there are some of each type. If you insist you are of the first kind, I am not going to look into your heart through a computer line. But there are others who do not have good intentions, even. They just want to do what is necessary, to get themselves saved, and if spreading the word is required, they will do it - just as if sacrificing the life of a daughter in a ritual blood sacrifice were required, they would come very close to doing that also.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#79905 Jun 9, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
"Salts" could be the antitheist.
some of us are against a certain version of a Deity, and against certain types of believers - and not so much opposed to others, as merely not believing in that version of a deity, and feeling sorry that people are so naive and superstitious and brainwashed. This relates to my comment above.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
free somerset clinic 1 hr captain syphilis 2
Dancing with dogs 3 hr Yeppers 26
Absent Moderators 5 hr JumperJuice 11
corey halberg 6 hr coreys retard 3
3 word comment - (Oct '09) 6 hr Red_Forman 6,371
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 6 hr Red_Forman 12,345
Sarah Patrick 11 hr short one 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages