Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 149870 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“There is no god.”

Level 2

Since: Jan 12

USA

#79899 Jun 9, 2012
The first, after birth, express lane, abortion clinic.

"And it came to pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon;"
Exodus 12:29-30

“Memento mori”

Level 1

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#79900 Jun 9, 2012
For my 666th post I would like to remind everyone of a few things:

·It's okay to work on Saturday and Sunday. In fact, go ahead and do that after reading this post.

·Abortion is not murder. If it were, then God is responsible for the deaths of 50+ billion (counting post birth). Plus, the bible says that life begins at birth when a baby take its first breath. Since most abortions are performed in the first trimester, I guess that's okay.

·Satan gave us the gift of enlightenment by coercing Eve into eating the fruit. And it would be wrong to not accept that gift, right YAA?

·Speaking of Eden, God lied and Satan told the truth. God tells Adam and Eve that they will die should they eat the forbidden fruit. The snake, later recast as Satan, tells them that they won't die when they eat it. When they eat the fruit, they do not die, so Satan actually told the truth and God lied.

·Depending on how man people you believed to be alive at the time, God is responsible for either the deaths of millions or billions of people. If you believe fetuses/embryos are people, the number could be close to 60 billion.

·Satan is responsible only for the death of Job's family, but that's after God tells him to kill them. They are later resurrected.

·If you believe that the bible is a good source of morality, then that means rape, murder, slavery, and, worst of all, celebrating a man sacrificing himself to create a loophole for the very things that he himself created.

·Lastly, if you were a slave-owner who raped and murdered your slaves, but were saved afterwards, you would get to go to heaven. If you were a person who lead a good life and did everything to help people, but you didn't believe in a god, you are punished by being sent to Hell forever.

“There is no god.”

Level 2

USA

#79901 Jun 9, 2012
EssentialSalts wrote:
·It's okay to work on Saturday and Sunday. In fact, go ahead and do that after reading this post.
·Abortion is not murder. If it were, then God is responsible for the deaths of 50+ billion (counting post birth). Plus, the bible says that life begins at birth when a baby take its first breath. Since most abortions are performed in the first trimester, I guess that's okay.
·Satan gave us the gift of enlightenment by coercing Eve into eating the fruit. And it would be wrong to not accept that gift, right YAA?
·Speaking of Eden, God lied and Satan told the truth. God tells Adam and Eve that they will die should they eat the forbidden fruit. The snake, later recast as Satan, tells them that they won't die when they eat it. When they eat the fruit, they do not die, so Satan actually told the truth and God lied.
·Depending on how man people you believed to be alive at the time, God is responsible for either the deaths of millions or billions of people. If you believe fetuses/embryos are people, the number could be close to 60 billion.
·Satan is responsible only for the death of Job's family, but that's after God tells him to kill them. They are later resurrected.
·If you believe that the bible is a good source of morality, then that means rape, murder, slavery, and, worst of all, celebrating a man sacrificing himself to create a loophole for the very things that he himself created.
·Lastly, if you were a slave-owner who raped and murdered your slaves, but were saved afterwards, you would get to go to heaven. If you were a person who lead a good life and did everything to help people, but you didn't believe in a god, you are punished by being sent to Hell forever.
Good post, looking forward to your 999 post.

“There is no god.”

Level 2

USA

#79902 Jun 9, 2012
"Salts" could be the antitheist.

“There is no god.”

Level 2

USA

#79903 Jun 9, 2012
EssentialSalts wrote:
"(counting post birth)" makes my "after birth" comment seem stupid now. Thanks.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#79904 Jun 9, 2012
you are wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so wrong. Why do you think those of us who know God are concerned about eternity for those of you who do not believe in Heaven and Hell. We are to witness to you and others. If we weren't concerned for you we could move right on. God wants all of us with Him on this earth and in the hereafter. That is the reason we were created. If only all of you could see and understand. You have a choice.
I actually think some of your types do have genuine concern, and do believe folks whom you like might go to hell for not believing as you do, and want to save us. I will give some of you credit for good intentions.

Others, I suspect. Others I think are secretly gleeful at the thought that folks who have crossed them or even disagreed with them will go to hell.

The motive is a key difference. I have a friend who is of the first type - in real life. I believe that on topix, there are some of each type. If you insist you are of the first kind, I am not going to look into your heart through a computer line. But there are others who do not have good intentions, even. They just want to do what is necessary, to get themselves saved, and if spreading the word is required, they will do it - just as if sacrificing the life of a daughter in a ritual blood sacrifice were required, they would come very close to doing that also.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#79905 Jun 9, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
"Salts" could be the antitheist.
some of us are against a certain version of a Deity, and against certain types of believers - and not so much opposed to others, as merely not believing in that version of a deity, and feeling sorry that people are so naive and superstitious and brainwashed. This relates to my comment above.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#79906 Jun 9, 2012
EssentialSalts wrote:
you are discussing the evil god of the Bible, as the rightwing fundies believe in it. That is not the only version. So you are correct to be an anti-theist, in opposing that God, and in opposing the rightwing believers and admirers of such a God.

I commend you for all your intelligent comments regarding this sort of horrible belief system. I only wish to say some Christians try to figure out a way not to believe in the horrid stuff. It is a difficult thing for them to do, given what is written in the Bible in many places. Et in a few places, there is some decent morality - unfortunately all too often compromised or contradicted soon thereafter, or at least elsewhere in the book. I suppose you are familiar with the site evilgod. Maybe someone should put up a short list of the good things in the Bible. Matthew 34, has a nice ethic for a short time, about being kind to the poor, the naked, those in prison, and saying that as you do unto the least of these, so you do unto "me" - Jesus allegedly speaking there. Of course, one should be kind to hurt and opporessed persons for their own sake, not as stand ins for Jesus or God. or as a case of entertaining angels unaware. and the following passages about the sheep and goats, and one going to hell for not being kind to the poor, changes the whole nature of the admonition - to don't go to hell, save yourself by being nice to someone in need. not a very unselfish ethic.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#79907 Jun 9, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
The first, after birth, express lane, abortion clinic.
"And it came to pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon;"
Exodus 12:29-30
so what do all the true believers say in reply to this? anything? if God does it, it is OK - is that their view?
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#79908 Jun 9, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Christopher Hitchens knows the truth now!
God is REAL!
please read my above post and explain your view on this. is it OK for God to kill the unborn babies and born children?

“There is no god.”

Level 2

USA

#79909 Jun 9, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> so what do all the true believers say in reply to this? anything? if God does it, it is OK - is that their view?
You jest, TrueBelievers† are the original prevaricators(a person who speaks so as to avoid the precise truth; quibbler; equivocator) but you knew that, you're just funnun.

“There is no god.”

Level 2

USA

#79910 Jun 9, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text>some of us are against a certain version of a Deity, and against certain types of believers - and not so much opposed to others, as merely not believing in that version of a deity, and feeling sorry that people are so naive and superstitious and brainwashed. This relates to my comment above.
Huh, and how does it relate to what I posted?
sorry for you

Glasgow, KY

#79911 Jun 9, 2012
EssentialSalts wrote:
You are one scary dude. The devil has you exactly where he wants you. He wants company when he is thrown in that lake of fire. Just one thought of being there for 10 seconds should scary you to death. Look in the Bible where Lazarus went to Hell, then was begging someone to go tell his 5 brothers not to come there. I'm sorry you haven't had someone to teach you about about God. My prayers are being sent out to you.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#79912 Jun 9, 2012
sorry for you wrote:
<quoted text>
You are one scary dude. The devil has you exactly where he wants you. He wants company when he is thrown in that lake of fire. Just one thought of being there for 10 seconds should scary you to death. Look in the Bible where Lazarus went to Hell, then was begging someone to go tell his 5 brothers not to come there. I'm sorry you haven't had someone to teach you about about God. My prayers are being sent out to you.
Actually his posts show he knows the myths and stories to scare little children better than you do... So are you praying to the invisible flying unicorn that poops glitter or some other magical, mystical thingy ?

London, KY

#79913 Jun 9, 2012
EssentialSalts wrote:
While I agree with most your stuff ... Just to clarify... Yes Abortion is not Necessarily murder it is Homicide... And dependent on Justification can very well be Murder....
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#79914 Jun 9, 2012
juggalo wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Wolves/andrew_...
Here's some more great info on Andrew wommack
Crock!
Maybe you should DL Andrew's teaching on "The Balance of Grace, and Faith"!
It's FREE...
I'm sure you can find it!
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#79915 Jun 9, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
While I agree with most your stuff ... Just to clarify... Yes Abortion is not Necessarily murder it is Homicide... And dependent on Justification can very well be Murder....
The Bible defines Murder as Laying in wait for Inocent Blood!
Cannot get more inocent than that....
Mommy, why are you letting the Dr. Kill me?
It is only homicide because you do it to a Human
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#79916 Jun 9, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> please read my above post and explain your view on this. is it OK for God to kill the unborn babies and born children?
(1) God is God!
(2) you/we do NOT know 'all' of God's thoughts on why He does something!
(3) Being out of this world, and being with God...
Who is that 'Bad' for exactly???
(4) Every spirit will hear the Gospel, and make a choice!
You already know God exists... You will make your choice!
My thoughts would be, that anyone that did not get the chance
to hear the Gospel (too young, indian...?) If God wanted to
return a soul to hear the Gospel, and to reject, or accept it..
He is God, and Nothing is out of His reach!

London, KY

#79917 Jun 9, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible defines Murder as Laying in wait for Inocent Blood!
I could care less what the bible defines... It has No Authority...

I make my position based on American Law...

The killing of one Human Being by Another is Homicide by Definition...

So this begs the question at What Point does a Zygot become a Human Being.. Under Precedent of Law it is considered a Human Being at Conception due to individuals being prosecuted and convicted for killing a fetus as early as 1 week old... There have been people jailed and convicted for 1st,2nd and 3rd deg homicide for the deaths of a fetus... That sets the Precedent that it is a Human Being...

If it is a Human being then the killing of it by another human being makes it Homicide ... Not all Homicides are Murder under the laws of our nation... It is a matter of Justification... If I shoot a person because he made me mad it would be Murder... If I was shooting at a road sign and the bullet killed a passerby It would be Criminal Homicide but not Murder... If I shoot a guy that was trying to kill me it would be Justifiable Homicide...

“Memento mori”

Level 1

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#79918 Jun 9, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Crock!
Maybe you should DL Andrew's teaching on "The Balance of Grace, and Faith"!
It's FREE...
I'm sure you can find it!
You should read something that doesn't simply reaffirm what you already believe to be true. Perhaps you would learn something then. What is there to gain by reading ideas shared between you and the author?
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible defines Murder as Laying in wait for Inocent Blood!
I think this shows how flaccid your argument against abortion is. You know there is no way to show that it's wrong so you have to give non-humans a voice to victimize them.

Now you obviously believe in the Great Flood, right? If that actually happened (which it factually didn't), what do you think would have gone through the minds of the children then? Were they full of evil? You think that all the babes and children of that time deserved to drown (a rather terrifying and painful way to die)?

You cry about the prevention of life, but when it comes to your god annihilating billions of people of all ages, you're perfectly fine with it. Disgusting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Older women 16 min Curious 10
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 1 hr Junket 32,281
ttai 1 hr job 38
Store Manager Needed ASAP 6 hr rattletrap 5
Female fwb wanted for x marine 7 hr Maintance man 10
go trump go 11 hr jessup 5
~~*last post wins*~~ (Mar '11) 15 hr Princess Hey 15,261

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance