eden pure heaters
shy

London, KY

#1 Nov 13, 2012
wandering if they work as good as they claim they do
spike

Russell Springs, KY

#2 Nov 13, 2012
had one its not all that. I purchased a pelonis and that thing is far better, When 1500watt heaters were compared against each other in a testing done by a neutral party the pelonis heater rated the best, You can read the finding on the internet. So purchased on ebay a new pelonis heater and ain't looked back works very nice.
wary

Chicago, IL

#3 Nov 13, 2012
stay away from high priced electric heaters

1500 watts is 1500 watts

some may have better fans than others, but that is the only difference

infrared my a$$
old dawg

Lexington, KY

#4 Nov 14, 2012
i believe this about says it all regarding the eden pure heaters. as said earlier, 1500 watts is 1500 watts.

http://news.consumerreports.org/home/2010/02/...

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Gray, KY

#5 Nov 14, 2012
wary wrote:
stay away from high priced electric heaters
1500 watts is 1500 watts
some may have better fans than others, but that is the only difference
infrared my a$$
Exactly right. Electric heaters are almost 100% efficient. There is a little energy lost in the wires in the wall between the outlet and the meter but that's miniscule. A good fan will prevent the heat from pooling against the ceiling where you can't feel it. A 1500 watt baseboard heater will put out the same BTU's of heat as a 1500 watt space heater.

Where the savings come in is if you use another type of heat, say natural gas. If the cost per BTU you get from gas is higher than the cost per BTU for electric then you can save money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 min Strel 160,836
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 2 hr -Papa-Smurf- 13,379
Combs family 5 hr Glenneagle 15
I Got Screwed by Cottrell's Tire Pros 5 hr Tater tots 2
Ashley Powers 7 hr thetruth 7
How to get 100% PTSD Disability (May '12) 7 hr chuck 182
Fiddledeedee is having a baby 8 hr Wtf 9
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 13 hr Aithusa 35,492

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages