lake cumberland 914 flea market

lake cumberland 914 flea market

Posted in the Somerset Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
rodknocker1

Manchester, KY

#1 Jan 19, 2009
waht dose any one know about it
Just Curious

Vilonia, AR

#2 Jan 19, 2009
What do you need to know? It is a flea market, they really don't have alot of nice things anymore and there is alot of empty booths.
Vanilla_Ice

Mount Vernon, KY

#3 Jan 19, 2009
Just Curious wrote:
What do you need to know? It is a flea market, they really don't have alot of nice things anymore and there is alot of empty booths.
How much are the booths?

My Name is Onion

“Renegades”

Since: Dec 08

Washington, DC

#4 Jan 19, 2009
The one in Burnside is a lot better in my opinion. It gets even better in the spring and summer with the amount of outdoor vendors.

“Careful! The cat is watching!”

Since: Nov 08

Got Intelligence? I do!

#5 Jan 19, 2009
I miss real flea markets...where folks cleaned out garages/barns etc and came and sold it off to get rid of it...now it's just folks running a business with the same old crap at half the booths.

My Name is Onion

“Renegades”

Since: Dec 08

Washington, DC

#6 Jan 19, 2009
Dang the Return wrote:
I miss real flea markets...where folks cleaned out garages/barns etc and came and sold it off to get rid of it...now it's just folks running a business with the same old crap at half the booths.
Agreed. That's why I like the outside stuff at Burnside. If you have ever seen the "SMC" commercials on the late night infomercials you'll know where the cookie cutter flea market crap comes from.
SixtyNine

Mount Vernon, KY

#7 Jan 19, 2009
My Name is Onion wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. That's why I like the outside stuff at Burnside. If you have ever seen the "SMC" commercials on the late night infomercials you'll know where the cookie cutter flea market crap comes from.
It's NOT really SMC----It's really a place called China!
blondie

Bulan, KY

#8 Jan 19, 2009
If they would lower the rent at the flea market then they would keep the boothes full. Who could afford to sell used items with high priced rent?
flea market lover

United States

#9 Jan 19, 2009
Vanilla_Ice wrote:
<quoted text>
How much are the booths?
914 charges $36 for weekends except for main row, they are $40.
Burnside charges $25 for weekend or $15 for 1 day
I agree Burnside is better! 914 is only good for walking lol
flea market lover

United States

#10 Jan 19, 2009
blondie, with times like this, I totally agree! we use to set up at 914 and went in the whole every weekend then moved to burnside and have done better!
chances

Leavenworth, IN

#11 Jan 19, 2009
914 needs to clean the bathroom you can smell them when you walk in the doors
Trailer_Man

Mount Vernon, KY

#12 Jan 19, 2009
flea market lover wrote:
blondie, with times like this, I totally agree! we use to set up at 914 and went in the whole every weekend then moved to burnside and have done better!
You went in the "hole".

"whole" means to be complete---I ate the "whole" buy.
john

Brodhead, KY

#13 Jan 19, 2009
i agree, at the rent they charge might as well close.

“Hit me with your best shot!!!”

Since: Jan 09

Somerset

#14 Jan 19, 2009
London flea market is much better..
Question..How did the name Flea Market come about?
Critters

Mount Vernon, KY

#15 Jan 19, 2009
flea market lover wrote:
<quoted text> 914 charges $36 for weekends except for main row, they are $40.
Burnside charges $25 for weekend or $15 for 1 day
I agree Burnside is better! 914 is only good for walking lol
You mean the Lake Cumberland Flea Market? Is that called 914?

“Careful! The cat is watching!”

Since: Nov 08

Got Intelligence? I do!

#16 Jan 19, 2009
Wintertyme wrote:
London flea market is much better..
Question..How did the name Flea Market come about?
They started in France...guess everything had fleas in it?

“Hit me with your best shot!!!”

Since: Jan 09

Somerset

#17 Jan 19, 2009
lol..ok

“Careful! The cat is watching!”

Since: Nov 08

Got Intelligence? I do!

#18 Jan 19, 2009
Wintertyme wrote:
lol..ok
Quick question Wintertyme...is that a real picture of you?
flea market lover

United States

#19 Jan 19, 2009
Critters wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the Lake Cumberland Flea Market? Is that called 914?
yes same one! i guess because of it being on 914 is y alot of people call it that(including me)
Trailor_man yes i know "hole" is what i should have spelled, but my bad! ha ha

“Hit me with your best shot!!!”

Since: Jan 09

Somerset

#20 Jan 19, 2009
Dang the Return wrote:
<quoted text>
Quick question Wintertyme...is that a real picture of you?
yes it is dang. chipmonk cheeks and all

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
heard adam stamper likes whang dangs 1 hr adams ex 11
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 2 hr _Susan_ 31,973
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Traveler 148,982
Melissa 5 hr Know u 32
ILuisa Mounce really a Lesbian who was married ... 6 hr AAma4 1
What happened to officer David VanHook??? 6 hr Amazing-wifey 1
News The Legend of Soules Chapel (Feb '12) 6 hr eyeinthesky 22

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages