Does this person have the right to know?

Posted in the Somerset Forum

Truth

London, KY

#1 Feb 9, 2013
I have a friend who was married to this guy, and they had a baby together. Their baby had a lot of health problems, and was in a children's hospital, and they were all in the Ronald Mcdonald house. While they were there her husband started cheating on her with another woman who was in there, and left his wife for this other woman. So when he got out of the hospital she packed her stuff, and moved a few counties away, and never spoke to him again. Recently their son died at 5 years old, and she didn't tell him. Do you think he has the right to know?
Meat Straw

London, KY

#2 Feb 9, 2013
I'm a big fan of staying out of peoples business. Ask yourself what would Jesus do and then go camping. Jesus camped a lot.

“Colorful Beyond Words”

Level 10

Since: May 11

"True Love Never Ends "

#3 Feb 9, 2013
Yes , he does. Even if he was an ass to the mother of his child.

“Statism is slavery”

Since: Jan 13

Somerset, KY

#4 Feb 9, 2013
I wouldn't say he has a *right* to know. If he cared for the child he would've been around. When he comes around to caring then he should know, if you ask me. People like that shouldn't have pity.
NO WAY

Hopkinsville, KY

#5 Feb 9, 2013
he didnt want to celebrate that little boys precious life for five whole years so why let him mourn his death now! men like that would only use it to get attention some how anyway! screw that bum! i cant even believe this is a question that needs an answer. keep your nose out of his mothers personal business!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#6 Feb 11, 2013
Are you kidding me? We are talking about someones child. He may be a pos but the mother should still do what is right. There's this nasty little thing called a conscience thats going to bug the crap out of her if she doesn't. Jmo
gomer-ez

Mount Vernon, KY

#7 Feb 11, 2013
This is really a tough question to ansewer.There are a lot of variables.She moved,did she deny him visitation,did he know where the child was?Women can get vindictive,when they are wronged.
Maybe he was just an asshole.If that is the case ,NO.
I think before the people on topix can make an intelligent decision,we need more info.
I know a little bit about vindictive women.
Level 5

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#8 Feb 11, 2013
If he was paying child support, he would have been made aware of the Childs Death.

What about the Grandparents awareness and/or communication?

OB notice of the Childs Death, Funeral information.

Insurance claim forms to be filed.
whew

Bimble, KY

#9 Feb 12, 2013
RetiredDOJ wrote:
If he was paying child support, he would have been made aware of the Childs Death.
What about the Grandparents awareness and/or communication?
OB notice of the Childs Death, Funeral information.
Insurance claim forms to be filed.
well at least it will be old child support to pay!whew!
Level 5

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#10 Feb 13, 2013
The Mother did the right thing
Old

Beattyville, KY

#11 Feb 13, 2013
Yes he has the right to know. No, the mother does not need to talk to him. she can mail him a copy of the obituary or have the funeral home or church do that. She is not obligated to provide contact information for him to get hold of her.

“Statism is slavery”

Since: Jan 13

Somerset, KY

#12 Feb 13, 2013
Old wrote:
Yes he has the right to know. No, the mother does not need to talk to him. she can mail him a copy of the obituary or have the funeral home or church do that. She is not obligated to provide contact information for him to get hold of her.
I'm sure the mother is in mourning. And surely no one should expect her to be this "man"'s caregiver. He chose not to care, not her. Losing your child is not an easy venture. Someone needs to be there for her, not having her go mailman for someone, especially someone who didn't care.
Level 5

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#13 Feb 13, 2013
Truth wrote:
I have a friend who was married to this guy, and they had a baby together. Their baby had a lot of health problems, and was in a children's hospital, and they were all in the Ronald Mcdonald house. While they were there her husband started cheating on her with another woman who was in there, and left his wife for this other woman. So when he got out of the hospital she packed her stuff, and moved a few counties away, and never spoke to him again. Recently their son died at 5 years old, and she didn't tell him. Do you think he has the right to know?
There is NO mention that the Father ever had any more contact with the Child or Mother, after he left THEM, during the childs stay in the hospital.
You stated Mother and Child moved A FEW counties away, and Never Spoke to the Father again.
No mention of a divorce-No Child support/visitation rights requested-Insurance provider.
The child was a baby, then died at age 5.
Was there not any caring Grandparents from the Fathers side of the family?
Sadly, there doesn't seem to be a simple answer of yes or no.
This is a question for the Mother to decide, and loving support for her in her decision.
dad in name only

Northbrook, IL

#14 Feb 13, 2013
My feelings are seems like he forgot that baby even was born or sick...i say mom let him find out whenever he gets curious and wonders about his child......sad

“oh heyy”

Level 3

Since: Jun 12

dayton

#15 Feb 15, 2013
KennyKelly3 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure the mother is in mourning. And surely no one should expect her to be this "man"'s caregiver. He chose not to care, not her. Losing your child is not an easy venture. Someone needs to be there for her, not having her go mailman for someone, especially someone who didn't care.
agree he will probely blame her for it as all jerks like him do i shure hope she is ok
Level 5

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#16 Feb 15, 2013
Why is anybody concerned about if the daddy is notified?
This sorry pos never gave an ounce of care about his sick baby, and left with some hussy who was at the same hospital.
The real concern should be for the welfare of the mother, who has lost the "real little man" of her life.
Old

Beattyville, KY

#17 Feb 15, 2013
Slo2forget wrote:
Why is anybody concerned about if the daddy is notified?
This sorry pos never gave an ounce of care about his sick baby, and left with some hussy who was at the same hospital.
The real concern should be for the welfare of the mother, who has lost the "real little man" of her life.
It is for the welfare of the mother that she should have someone notify him. That will be one less thing to weigh on her soul. Again, just a copy of the obit in the mail, no need to talk. When people take revenge it hurts them in the long run.
put it to words right

Mchenry, IL

#18 Feb 23, 2013
Slo2forget wrote:
Why is anybody concerned about if the daddy is notified?
This sorry pos never gave an ounce of care about his sick baby, and left with some hussy who was at the same hospital.
The real concern should be for the welfare of the mother, who has lost the "real little man" of her life.
u said it best the only little man in her life was gone so why did sperm donor need to know

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 7 min Trouser Cough 10,350
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 27 min Trouser Cough 21,517
Somerset mayor, Keck or Girdler? 1 hr LOL 158
How to get 100% PTSD Disability (May '12) 5 hr Army veteran 111
Word Association (Feb '09) 5 hr Trouser Cough 11,599
slmc 6 hr ibo 11
Todd Wood - Why the Hate? (Jan '14) 6 hr NAMBLA 120
Somerset Dating
Find my Match

Somerset Jobs

Somerset People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Somerset News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Somerset

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]