SHS teacher resigns!
Seriously

Louisville, KY

#21 Jan 28, 2010
Helllllllo? Who was it?
ohrc

Vilonia, AR

#22 Jan 28, 2010
mk...don't CARE if it's male OR female. adult people + under aged students = unacceptable. in any shape, form or fashion.

get a GRIP on your hormones. teachers AND students. but ESPECIALLY teachers. you're SUPPOSED to be adults. you're SUPPOSED to have a grip, lead by example, etc. teenaged students? over-ridden with hormones. YOU? as an ADULT? should have control over such things. just sayin.

NOT casting any stones BUT? if you're an adult and having such cravings over TEENS? you have issues. no doubt about it....
hopethishelps

Russell Springs, KY

#23 Jan 28, 2010
I don't understand what teachers are thinking-I do not know this man or what happened but when I was in school there was a teacher dating a student.
She was 17-he was 23-completely legal except for the fact that he was an authority figure. He was then charged with a sex crime and has to be registered as a sex offender for the rest of his life. He also lost his teaching license-is it really all worth it??????
why

Pineville, KY

#24 Jan 28, 2010
Why will no one say who it was? Unless this is untrue!
ohrc

Vilonia, AR

#25 Jan 28, 2010
and i say this, as one who has had teen aged boys literally THROW themselves at me. i'm almost 40. and i remind such teens who do so that 1) i'm old enough to literally be their mom 2) while the thought of "scoring with an older woman" might SEEM attractive to the teenagers? in the end it's just sick. 3) even the THOUGHT of having s*x or even thinking of having s*x with a child young enough to be my child sickens me...it's perverted. any way you care to look at it. it's sick and YEAH the school board should throw the book at this "teacher". in addition to the PARENTS at this school. i'd seriously beat the crap out of ANY teacher..male or female...who made a pass, or anything resembling a pass, at either of my children. i would kick them in the face. blah....
well

London, KY

#26 Jan 28, 2010
why wrote:
Why will no one say who it was? Unless this is untrue!
i heard it was coach howard..
So ok

Louisville, KY

#27 Jan 28, 2010
I say it's wrong for a teacher to do this, period. I also think it's wrong for a boy or girl to date someone with an extreme age difference from them. But why are young teenage girls in this backwards town permitted to date older men who are in their 20's and 30's? Or worse yet, even older than that? Is that not blatant double standards? Someone please explain this to me.

So this man was a teacher. YES, IT IS WRONG IN MY OPINION! But what if he was someone else, doing a different job? Would that make it any more RIGHT? Maybe someone out there can explain why people here have the ability to look the other way when it's convenient?
well

United States

#28 Jan 28, 2010
so ok, its the somerset way. Get out of that crazy town while you can.
report it

Richmond, KY

#29 Jan 28, 2010
If this is true then all students need to come forward and let a adult know what is and has been going on. If it is not true then the truth will also come out. If this is happening in ANY school the students need to report this.
wow

United States

#30 Jan 28, 2010
Mr Howard? as in Bret Howard? wow never would of guessed this, I went to church with this kid. He was such a nice young man.
curious

London, KY

#31 Jan 28, 2010
how old is the teacher, or coach, whoever yall are talking about?
SHS94

London, KY

#32 Jan 28, 2010
crazy
Curious

United States

#33 Jan 28, 2010
curious wrote:
how old is the teacher, or coach, whoever yall are talking about?
Late 20's
get real

Somerset, KY

#34 Jan 29, 2010
ohrc wrote:
WHOA. pretty glad MY kids aren't in this school system :)
This just isn't this school system.There have been several teachers all of this county fired for the same thing! My daughter's first yr at Northern 2 teachers were fired within a month apart for the same thing.
Betty Sue

Corbin, KY

#35 Jan 29, 2010
What is causing all these oversexed teachers these days? Is it all those dirty books they have to read in college to get a degree in teaching?
Get Real

Hazard, KY

#36 Jan 29, 2010
Betty Sue wrote:
What is causing all these oversexed teachers these days? Is it all those dirty books they have to read in college to get a degree in teaching?
Over-sexed teens. They don't think about the reprecussion of all involved. Lives ruined. I would not have a job in high school if I were a young man. It's too much of I did wrong but it wasn't my fault. Always blaming someone else when they are about to get in trouble. Don't get me wrong, you have to me mature enough to resist these advances and see them for what they are if you are a teacher. Some people would do most anything for attention or a good grade. They have nothing to lose. Many have already had sex. I don't know the individuals involved so this is just a general statement.
Very Concerned

Richmond, KY

#37 Jan 29, 2010
If this had happened at a county school it would be and has been all over the news. The parents of Somerset High School students should demand to know what is going on at that school. Is there a attempt to cover this up ???. They need to follow up on the Mrs "J" comment on this forum.

I don't think that this would only happen at SHS but if it has they have a obligation to address it. And do it so the public is aware.

I have faith in the system and hope the school and BOE are in the process of full investigation and legal action if required.

It should be their focus to protect their students no matter what the cost.

But I think it is the parents job to teach their kids that when they have a problem like this at school (or anywhere) they need to tell adults.

This teacher has been "warned" several times....what does that mean ??? One time and your out !!!!

He picks a new target each year ?? Has this been going on for several years ??? Are their others that need to come forward in a effort to protect others ???

Lot of questions.... HOPE SHS is asking them.
manfromthewest

Brownsville, TN

#38 Jan 29, 2010
Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>Over-sexed teens. They don't think about the reprecussion of all involved. Lives ruined. I would not have a job in high school if I were a young man. It's too much of I did wrong but it wasn't my fault. Always blaming someone else when they are about to get in trouble. Don't get me wrong, you have to me mature enough to resist these advances and see them for what they are if you are a teacher. Some people would do most anything for attention or a good grade. They have nothing to lose. Many have already had sex. I don't know the individuals involved so this is just a general statement.
well i think it goes deeper than the schools and teachers.. we now live in a society which i refer to as the moral decay of america.. each year we get more permissive in movies. music. and what we accept as ok in dress and attitudes.. drugs are out of control.. and we are bombarded with sex and violence in everything we face in our days. the media reports it. and here in topix all is exposed about everyone.. we seem to get more rotten like a apple each year and day.. kids in school are disrespectful to teachers and parents support their misbehavior. maybe it has always gone on. and now we hear about it more.. also in families where we hear of abuse of spouses and kids more than before. a problem but we have no solution. just shocked when we see misbehavior on rise in this country
I worry

Richmond, KY

#39 Jan 29, 2010
I worry anytime I see a older male coach hugging and cutting up with the younger female players. It is always easy to turn your head...not get involved. But parents must get involved in their kids lives. Your kid should always be able to come and talk to you and then you listen. These people pick their targets. We should all pay attention. When I was young and growing up in a small town ...everyone paid attention to everyones kid. Things sure have changed.
Whoaaa

Newport, KY

#40 Jan 29, 2010
It was Brett Howard?! Seriously? That blows my mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hair Salon 54 min Fiddledeedoodoo 6
Casey allen 4 hr hesspeterpuffer 1
tommy taylor 4 hr Countrylady 10
Air Conditioning repair (Aug '08) 5 hr Mark 21
Cumberland Security Bank (Jan '09) 5 hr Felix Smith 3
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 hr whome 165,531
John Whang gut punched Chad 6 hr Forsure 10

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance