Top 10 Obamacare Cons

“Looking For Yard Work And More”

Level 2

Since: Aug 12

Somerset,Ky

#1 Nov 1, 2012
Obama Care Cons

1. Millions Will Lose Their Current Insurance. Period. End of Story.

2. Individual Mandate Means Less Liberty and More Taxes.

3. Your Health Care Coverage Will Probably Change Anyway.

4. The Umpire Is Also the First Baseman.

5. The Fed Picks Your Treatment.

6. Higher Taxes Than Europe Hurt Small Businesses.

7. Who Makes Medical Decisions.

8. Taxpayer-Funded Abortions.

9. It's Not Paid For.

10. Rushing It, Not Reading It

Is Obama Care Unconstitutional??

On June 28, 2012, the Supreme Court ruled that the Federal government does not have the Constitutional right to mandate that people must buy health insurance from a private company. However, it does have the right to tax those that don't. Therefore, it upheld the Act.

The Court struck down the mandate that states must add people to Medicaid. However, many states will still take advantage of this portion of Obamacare because the Federal government will foot the bill for the first several years. For more, see What Is the Status of Health Care Reform?.

If You Can't Afford Health Insurance

In 2014, you may qualify for Medicaid if your income is under 133% of the poverty level (roughly $14,000 for an individual, or $29,000 for a family of four). This will be funded by the Federal government for the first three years, and 90% after that. Learn more about Medicaid.

If you don't qualify for Medicaid, you may be eligible for a tax credit if your income is under 400% of the Federal poverty level (roughly under $43,000 for an individual, or $88,000 for a family of four). You get the tax credit each month, instead of waiting for you annual tax rebate. You may also qualify for reduced copayments and deductibles.

If You Are on Medicare

You now receive many wellness and preventative care visits for free. See Medicare Preventative Services for the full list.

If you have Medicare Part D, you received $250 in 2010 to help pay for prescription drugs if you fell into the "donut hole." In 2011, you get a 50% discount on brand-name prescription drugs, and 7% on generic drugs if you fall into the donut hole. For more, see Drug Discounts. By 2020, the donut hole will be eliminated.

If You Don't Have Health Insurance

Starting in 2014, you will be required to purchase insurance or pay a penalty of as much as 2.5% of your income. You can shop for the insurance that meets your needs on a state-run exchange. If it's any consolation, members of Congress will also be mandated to get their health insurance through the same exchanges, instead of the government-provided health insurance they get now.(Source: Affordable Care Act)

Exchanges will allow you to compare health plans before you buy one. The exchanges will also help you find out if you qualify for tax credits or other government health benefits. States are being given substantial Federal grants to fund the exchanges. Find out your state's status.
thebrain

Somerset, KY

#2 Nov 1, 2012
I'm tpp drunk to touch this. Someone else take it please.
Frankly speaking

Elizabethtown, KY

#6 May 4, 2013
Has anyone got a patent on the name "obamatrons" ?
Frankly speaking

Elizabethtown, KY

#7 May 4, 2013
Yes I found it .they even have coffee cups and t shirts with obamatron on them

Level 5

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#8 May 5, 2013
Do we get Vaseline with this suppository?
Frankly speaking

Elizabethtown, KY

#9 May 5, 2013
Livestock suppositories are cheap at any farm supply store.as well as other meds.
Frankly speaking

Elizabethtown, KY

#10 May 5, 2013
Frankly speaking wrote:
Livestock suppositories are cheap at any farm supply store.as well as other meds.
im sorry.that was inappropriate and I do offer my sincerest apologies for my behavior.

Level 5

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#11 May 5, 2013
Frankly speaking wrote:
<quoted text>im sorry.that was inappropriate and I do offer my sincerest apologies for my behavior.
Apologies for what?I thought it was funny.
Well Go Figure

Middlesboro, KY

#12 May 5, 2013
The_Laborer2412 wrote:
<quoted text>Obama Care Cons
1. Millions Will Lose Their Current Insurance. Period. End of Story.
opinion is not necessarily fact.
The_Laborer2412 wrote:
<quoted text>2. Individual Mandate Means Less Liberty and More Taxes.
you have no liberties outside of service to others. you will be assimilated.
The_Laborer2412 wrote:
<quoted text>3. Your Health Care Coverage Will Probably Change Anyway.
get rid of the middle man and make it universal.
The_Laborer2412 wrote:
<quoted text>4. The Umpire Is Also the First Baseman.
we the people are the umpire and the whole team. why the need for other groups trying to create more hierarchies? you wanting to play games?
The_Laborer2412 wrote:
<quoted text>5. The Fed Picks Your Treatment.
the insurance companies already pick the treatments they will and will not cover. get rid of the middle man.
The_Laborer2412 wrote:
<quoted text>6. Higher Taxes Than Europe Hurt Small Businesses.
small businesses always struggle more than large diversified companies; except occasionally like jp morgan; which may be getting ready to implode, or enron that took out the pensions of all it's workers.
The_Laborer2412 wrote:
<quoted text>7. Who Makes Medical Decisions.
the care provider and patient
The_Laborer2412 wrote:
<quoted text>8. Taxpayer-Funded Abortions.
tax payer funded immature people who can't raise a pet, let along a child.
The_Laborer2412 wrote:
<quoted text>9. It's Not Paid For.
until a cost is incurred. health care has to be managed more carefully. to much corruption by those who are abusing the system. smoking isn't a right; especially in public places. obese on food stamps isn't an option. running to the emergency room for health care isn't an option; when you won't run for exercise.
The_Laborer2412 wrote:
<quoted text>10. Rushing It, Not Reading It
rush the addict

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ugn union coming 2018 1 hr Smartass 19
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Jesus the way_tru... 171,916
Kingsford 2 hr Forsure 246
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 3 hr Ricky F 38,574
How many people are glad Bo Cooks in jail 3 hr Where 14
John whangs going to be a dad 4 hr Shawn 1
~~*last post wins*~~ (Mar '11) 5 hr Princess Hey 15,768

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages