First Prev
of 2
Next Last
do tell

Sikeston, MO

#1 Sep 21, 2009
does anyone know the guy at the vfw that bartends? what's his deal?
SHOCKING

Sikeston, MO

#2 Sep 21, 2009
bartends? of course they sell liquor out there. they get away with anything in this "dry" county.
OhMy

Somerset, KY

#3 Oct 8, 2009
I do.
DO TELL

Sikeston, MO

#4 Oct 9, 2009
well, who is he? i heard he was supposedly disabled.
OhMy

Somerset, KY

#5 Oct 10, 2009
I dont know about the disabled part but he seems to be a pretty good guy.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#6 Oct 10, 2009
I used to be a member there. Nice place to go to unwind. Now that it is brought up there will be cockroaches coming out of the woodwork saying "Shut it down, it is a Dry County"!
Leave them alone. It isnt enough that they sacraficed themselves for your freedom, now you want to take the freedom to have a drink away! You people are a bunch of Moron Bastaards!

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#7 Oct 10, 2009
DO TELL wrote:
well, who is he? i heard he was supposedly disabled.
Get a Vet to take you in as a guest and ask him yourself - "course you already know , or you wouldn't be asking on here - Aren't our VETS entitled to any peace ?? If it wasn't for them fighting or supporting our freedoms , we might be living under communist rule and not even have the internet to play on -
KNOWITALLTOO

Somerset, KY

#8 Oct 10, 2009
i do appreciate the men and women that fight for our freedom. i think they are awesome people. i proudly will stand up and support the people that fight for the usa. i know this guy and he is not nor has he been in the military. he is a son of a veteran and his father in law is a veteran. that is how he got this job. he is not a diables vet. he is supposedly disabled b/c he doesn't want to work. he and his wife know how to work the system. they are the kind of people that make is hard on the people that work and pay taxes and personally i think that is a shame. this thread is not about the veterans go u.s.a

Location hidden

#9 Oct 10, 2009
KNOWITALLTOO wrote:
i do appreciate the men and women that fight for our freedom. i think they are awesome people. i proudly will stand up and support the people that fight for the usa. i know this guy and he is not nor has he been in the military. he is a son of a veteran and his father in law is a veteran. that is how he got this job. he is not a diables vet. he is supposedly disabled b/c he doesn't want to work. he and his wife know how to work the system. they are the kind of people that make is hard on the people that work and pay taxes and personally i think that is a shame. this thread is not about the veterans go u.s.a
I have no love for low life people who "CAN" work but "REFUSE" to! However, that is altogether a different story in itself!
As far as the veterans go, it is out of respect for them that their sons, and daughters, are permitted in the VFW.
Proud American

Crossett, AR

#10 Oct 10, 2009
I don't condone drinking, but it is allowed in private places like this that require a membership. Just like the Country Clubs in town. No different. The biggest thing is these are military men and women who have served our country defending our freedom. My hat's off to them all. God Bless 'em.

Location hidden

#12 Oct 11, 2009
Dont have to be disabled to be a member of the VFW!
lil tiger

Norman, AR

#13 Oct 11, 2009
Proud American wrote:
I don't condone drinking, but it is allowed in private places like this that require a membership. Just like the Country Clubs in town. No different. The biggest thing is these are military men and women who have served our country defending our freedom. My hat's off to them all. God Bless 'em.
That's right, it's a private club, and they can do as they wish inside. Too bad the moron that started this thread didn't know that. The troublemaking busybody is MENTALLY disabled!lol!
not a bad place

Barbourville, KY

#14 Oct 11, 2009
We played music there two years ago.The people were really nice to us.We played a year there and had a good time.
OhMy

Somerset, KY

#15 Oct 12, 2009
I am retired vet after 20+ years of service. Have numerous foreign war campaign medals which is what it takes to be a member of the VFW. Why would somone post on here about a bar tender when you can go there and ask yourself? Makes no sense unless someone wants the gossip wheel rolling, like most yellow backed people. It sickens me, that people cant be adults and confront others when they would rather get news 3rd or 4th hand. MORONS!!!!
jojo

Somerset, KY

#16 Oct 12, 2009
OhMy wrote:
I am retired vet after 20+ years of service. Have numerous foreign war campaign medals which is what it takes to be a member of the VFW. Why would somone post on here about a bar tender when you can go there and ask yourself? Makes no sense unless someone wants the gossip wheel rolling, like most yellow backed people. It sickens me, that people cant be adults and confront others when they would rather get news 3rd or 4th hand. MORONS!!!!
Thank you so very much for your service, and I believe I speak for most of us.

Location hidden

#17 Oct 12, 2009
jojo wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you so very much for your service, and I believe I speak for most of us.
Yes, THANK YOU!
Little Man

Monticello, KY

#18 Oct 12, 2009
do tell wrote:
does anyone know the guy at the vfw that bartends? what's his deal?
What is your deal would be the question here? Leave him alone and mind your own business... these guys deserve a drink if they want it after all they served our country and did a fine job doing it.
Record strait

Clinchco, VA

#19 Nov 3, 2009
The "bartender" in question is not a vet. He does draw disability, but I have no clue as to why. As to those that would oppose a place such as the VFW, plese find something else to harp on.
THE TRUTH

Brownsville, TN

#20 Nov 3, 2009
I am a veteran and used to go to the VFW- AKA VETERANS OF FOREIGN WARS. I quit drinking some years back but it was a nice place to go and have a few and relax before going home- we played cards and ETC.They deserve a place like this SO LEAVE IT ALONE. OK
BLUNTLY

Sikeston, MO

#21 Nov 4, 2009
if you morons would notice the first post, it is not in reference to putting down the vfw. it is in regards to one of the guys who apparently helps pour drinks. this thread was in regards to him NOT the vfw or any veteran!!!!!!!!! no disrespect was started towards veterans but apparently you other people are the one's making it out to be, not the person who started this. please keep up!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LG dog kennel for40 11 min April 1
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 12 hr Dickens1 12,481
close the jail 16 hr poplady 19
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 17 hr Hatti_Hollerand 31,187
meconium testing.. what do they test for? 18 hr feelintheBern 3
Poll Who for President? 19 hr Historian 17
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 21 hr ChromiuMan 148,102
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages