Dan's Discount Jewelry and Pawn.
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Break

Liberty, KY

#21 Feb 22, 2013
I've spent a lot of money there. Mainly guns. I plan on going back. Best pawn shop in town. Better prices than Paul's.
grrr

United States

#22 Feb 27, 2013
Beware of buying a computer there. They wipe them all and put the same version of Windows on them that you can't activate without purchasing an additional actication key from Microsoft. But you won't know this until AFTER the time runs out for you to return it. RIP OFF
Not at all

Manchester, KY

#23 Mar 11, 2013
I guarantee their prices aren't better than Paul's xds 599 at Paul's 699 at dans, Paul's doesn't price gouge either

Level 2

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#24 Mar 12, 2013
grrr wrote:
Beware of buying a computer there. They wipe them all and put the same version of Windows on them that you can't activate without purchasing an additional actication key from Microsoft. But you won't know this until AFTER the time runs out for you to return it. RIP OFF
They do that because it is against the law to sell windows to another person once it has been purchased by the original owner. You are talking about "used" computers,...right??
They could wipe the HD, and put a new windows on there, but that would "up" the price.......
Clear Thinker 2oo

East Bernstadt, KY

#25 Mar 12, 2013
Not at all wrote:
I guarantee their prices aren't better than Paul's xds 599 at Paul's 699 at dans, Paul's doesn't price gouge either
They will also match prices with Buds Gun Shop. Saves the cost of driving to Lexington to get it.
Boom Boom

Brownsville, TN

#26 Mar 13, 2013
Not a fan! The only business I've done with Dan's was through the Police Department. The cops picked up my stolen merchandise that Dans had taken in on Pawn. Not sure how I feel about that. I did get my stuff back and Dans lost money.
Clear Thinker 2oo

London, KY

#27 Mar 14, 2013
Boom Boom wrote:
Not a fan! The only business I've done with Dan's was through the Police Department. The cops picked up my stolen merchandise that Dans had taken in on Pawn. Not sure how I feel about that. I did get my stuff back and Dans lost money.
You could have found your stuff at any of the pawn shops. When someone brings in stolen goods they don't tell them it's stolen.
Gunnery

Bellefontaine, OH

#28 Mar 15, 2013
Best place to buy guns, but their ammo is way too high. They have a better selection of guns also.
bob

Lexington, KY

#29 Jun 5, 2013
Purple Pete wrote:
Dan's hires people to stand on Highway 27 and hold signs advertising their buisness. I don't patronize such businesses. I've seen pizza places, furniture stores, tax services, and clothing stores with the signs,too. The sign, costumes block the holder's vision while standing by a busy highway makes it dangerous. Plus they are out in heat, cold, rainy, weather. When someone gets struck by a car or has a heat stroke,their buisness will be gone. I'm suprised the city doesn't have an ordinance against this.
Or you could just be happy they are hiring someone. I guess you prefer they be unemployed.
Grady

London, KY

#30 Jun 5, 2013
RayRay wrote:
Went there today to sell a Smith & Wesson 38 top break 5 shot revolver. A collector's item in pecfect working order. Patent date April 9, 1889. Finish not perfect but good. Last made these in the 1930's. OFFERED ME $50 FOR IT. Had a S&W 32 cal in the case that is less desireable and not as clean for $250. Guess they thought I was stupid. Not enough Vaseline in Somerset to get me too go back into that place. Anyone else get this kind of crap?
Their goal is to get something as cheap as possible because most of the people that are in there to pawn an item wants to get cash as soon as possible. That being said if you really want to get top dollar for an item sell it online or to a friend, never go to a pawn shop. They are making a killing in Somerset. They recently bought to pieces of property to hold all the items that they have collected. They make over 1000 loans a month...yet over 1000. For some people they are getting what they need but are paying for it. On the other hand you can usually find pretty good items at a pretty good price. Long story shortened, don't sell but buy from a pawn shop.
dansnottheman

Somerset, KY

#32 Jun 30, 2016
Went in one time to sell a more expensive Maxpedition bag. Was asking well under what it goes for used on eBay. The employees wouldn't even make an offer and made jokes about why someone would need such a bag. Sold it on eBay the next day for more than I asked them. Very rude and unprofessional.
Been There Done That

Somerset, KY

#33 Jan 23, 2017
You think that 50% should be a fair price. So do they! So they will give you 30% mark it up to 60%, and let you come in and jew them down to the 50% sounds like what all pawn shops do, give the paying customer what they want. So if you don't like the price they give you, GET A DAMN JOB!!!
OodleDoodle

Somerset, KY

#34 Jan 25, 2017
RayRay wrote:
Went there today to sell a Smith & Wesson 38 top break 5 shot revolver. A collector's item in pecfect working order. Patent date April 9, 1889. Finish not perfect but good. Last made these in the 1930's. OFFERED ME $50 FOR IT. Had a S&W 32 cal in the case that is less desireable and not as clean for $250. Guess they thought I was stupid. Not enough Vaseline in Somerset to get me too go back into that place. Anyone else get this kind of crap?
So?
OodleDoodle

Somerset, KY

#35 Jan 25, 2017
dansnottheman wrote:
Went in one time to sell a more expensive Maxpedition bag. Was asking well under what it goes for used on eBay. The employees wouldn't even make an offer and made jokes about why someone would need such a bag. Sold it on eBay the next day for more than I asked them. Very rude and unprofessional.
Well good
Unhappycustomer

London, KY

#40 Feb 22, 2017
I went in their once to try to sell a 500 dollar digital multi-meter. The "kid" behind the counter played on his computer for a couple minutes, then said"they have them here for 75 dollars and can't sell them". Don't know who or where "they" were! Then he offered me 20 bucks! I walked out and will never be back. Didn't expect a new price for it, but I won't be insulted either!
Seen it all

Somerset, KY

#42 Feb 26, 2017
I only deal with ky pawn the people know me by name and always give me a fair price.The older man seem like he is always happy to see me. He shows me the new stuff and best cheapest stuff.
Sometimes I need money and go there to pawn a chain and they give me the same price no matter the gold market.he always ask me if I want a soda even if I'm there panning something makes no difference to him.very nice people and it's local and they sell a whole lot of firearms.
I went the other day and got a firearm out of pawn and bought a s&w revolver from him got a great price.They are very nice at ky pawn I go there a few times a month.only pawn Shop I'll spend my hard earned money at.good people.
John Henry Holiday

London, KY

#44 Feb 27, 2017
I have bought from Dan's and got no complaints. The people I talked to were courteous and fair. They made a little and I saved a little, It was a fair deal for both of us.

I don't expect anyone to lose money selling me nor do I expect them to make a killing. Dan's dealt in the middle like I do, and I think they are pretty fair. I will buy from them in the future.

I asked them if they could match Bud's price and they did. If they can do that there is no need for me to drive an hour and a half north and a hour and a half back. I think they were very fair on price, and top notch on polite service.

Nobody is perfect and can please everyone, but I say again, they are very nice to talk to about you want to purchase and they will try to make a deal will with you.
Seen it all

London, KY

#46 Mar 1, 2017
FiddleDeeDee wrote:
<quoted text>

Do you have a big whang?
I like to think I do

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 18 min Dong 36,034
Roses (Sep '09) 24 min Lisa Hollis 6
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Blacklagoon 163,813
bingham tire 8 hr yep 10
Mike Harris Now Playing Good Guy 10 hr Superomega03 10
chris hahn (Sep '09) 11 hr Seriously 21
Do you need custom invitations? 12 hr FiddleDeeDee 13

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages