Jamestown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2010

Judged:

Looking for a small house dog to give a forever home. Not looking to buy from a breeder/puppy mill. Breed not important, just would like a small one.

If you or anyone that you know that has a small dog that cannot keep it or needs to get rid of it, please contact me as I could provide a wonderful home.

Last time I tried an email on here it deleted my post so here it is spelled out.
meme12338 at hotmail dot com
jenn

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2010

Judged:

i kno u said u wanted a small dog but i have 3 female pitbull boxer puppies if ur instrded
hope

Jamestown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2010

Judged:

Thank you but I have children and would not be comfortable with a pit bull anything around them...not trying to give the breed a bad name...but if something should happen, they are very strong and things get ugly very fast.

Good luck finding good homes for them...

“can't we just get along?”

Since: Apr 09

somerset ky

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2010

Judged:

looking for wrote:
Looking for a small house dog to give a forever home. Not looking to buy from a breeder/puppy mill. Breed not important, just would like a small one.
If you or anyone that you know that has a small dog that cannot keep it or needs to get rid of it, please contact me as I could provide a wonderful home.
Last time I tried an email on here it deleted my post so here it is spelled out.
meme12338 at hotmail dot com
you should go to the pulaski county animal shelter or wayne county humane society web sites....i know the wayne co site had a few small dogs being fostered now, they need homes soo bad...some are very young animals....please help them out if you can...
hope

Jamestown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2010

I did go to the pulaski county animal shelter...even picked out a dog...she was perfect. Had a mandatory waiting period to make sure that no one claimed her and she was set to be fixed. Went and visited a few times so she didn't feel so alone...then I got the phone call...sorry the dog you were gonna adopt died. A few of em got sick and died within 24 hrs...asked if I wanted to pick out another and I declined. Who knows how many will end up sick? And don't want to put my kids through that again. I know it wasn't there fault entirely but it makes you very leery.
Tom

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2010

Try daushound rescue, They have lots to choose from and they make goog pets.
Tom

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2010

Sorry I ment good pets
susan

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2010

Listen i have 5 puppies they are boxer mixed they are very cute and playfull i have the mom witch is very lovable i have to get rid of these puppies real soon im scheduled to get the mom fixed in dec so if you are still looking i do have the perfect little puppies. They are about 8 weeks old. They do look like a boxer.I also think the dad is a lab. Just so u would know boxers are really good dogs. If you know of anyone else that might want one please let me know i dont want to send these puppies to the pound but i might not have a choice i cant feed 9 dogs its costing about 60 dollars a weak now.They already been wormed also.
whazup

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2010

Check out the pups and dogs listed at the Pulaski County Humane Society website: http://www.bhumane.org

People confuse us with the Animal Shelter but WE ARE NOT the ANIMAL SHELTER which does have a problem with parvo among its puppies.

All of the Humane Society puppies and dogs are raised in foster homes and are vet checked, up-to-date on shots and neutered and spayed at 6 months old.

The pups and dogs may be seen this Saturday, November 20 from 12 noon to 4 P.M. at the Somerset Mall, just inside the front door.
looking for

Jamestown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2010

whazup wrote:
Check out the pups and dogs listed at the Pulaski County Humane Society website: http://www.bhumane.org
People confuse us with the Animal Shelter but WE ARE NOT the ANIMAL SHELTER which does have a problem with parvo among its puppies.
All of the Humane Society puppies and dogs are raised in foster homes and are vet checked, up-to-date on shots and neutered and spayed at 6 months old.
The pups and dogs may be seen this Saturday, November 20 from 12 noon to 4 P.M. at the Somerset Mall, just inside the front door.
Thank you very much for the info!!! I'll definitely check it out this weekend!!!!

“can't we just get along?”

Since: Apr 09

somerset ky

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2010

whazup wrote:
yeah, and check out the wayne county humane society, like i said before....there r dogs, young and old that are being fostered right now....that means they live with a family....but its not thier forever home....these babies are just like foster children...they live in a home, but still need a permanent home....and i dont blame you for being afraid of a shelter ....i'm sorry you lost your first choice of dogs...sad....bless you for trying....good luck...
bville

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

susan wrote:
Listen i have 5 puppies they are boxer mixed they are very cute and playfull i have the mom witch is very lovable i have to get rid of these puppies real soon im scheduled to get the mom fixed in dec so if you are still looking i do have the perfect little puppies. They are about 8 weeks old. They do look like a boxer.I also think the dad is a lab. Just so u would know boxers are really good dogs. If you know of anyone else that might want one please let me know i dont want to send these puppies to the pound but i might not have a choice i cant feed 9 dogs its costing about 60 dollars a weak now.They already been wormed also.
I am interested in a female could you send me some pics of the females you have i would love to have one my email is christinaperry88 at yahoomail . com
applehead

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2010

I have an apple head chihuahua. Male, 3 years old, 5lbs and full grown, house broke and loves children.
Owner

Oneida, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2010

i have a mini pin for sale shes 10 months old and great with kids and very loving she needs a good home we cant keep her any more
looking for

Jamestown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2010

Judged:

Thank you all for your suggestions, I have gotten a one year old little jack russell that would have otherwise gone to the pound...again thank you all for your help.
my my

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2010

Judged:

looking for wrote:
Thank you all for your suggestions, I have gotten a one year old little jack russell that would have otherwise gone to the pound...again thank you all for your help.
i want her how much please e mail ttom4050@yahoo.com
best dog breed

Oneida, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2010

Judged:

hope wrote:
Thank you but I have children and would not be comfortable with a pit bull anything around them...not trying to give the breed a bad name...but if something should happen, they are very strong and things get ugly very fast.
Good luck finding good homes for them...
Ive raised pit bulls around my children for 17 years now. you said you didnt want to give them a bad rep but your statment kinda did that. I personally would not trust a jack russell around children they have killed infants and are very dangerous around kids, my neighbors have 2 right now that try to bite everything they see and have seen lots of them that way. And just so you know things just dont "happen" people let things happen by poor socialization,ignoring bad temperment problems such as shyness,agression,and in general just not taking care of their dog and then blaming the dog when something does happen.
looking for

Jamestown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2010

Judged:

best dog breed wrote:
<quoted text>
Ive raised pit bulls around my children for 17 years now. you said you didnt want to give them a bad rep but your statment kinda did that. I personally would not trust a jack russell around children they have killed infants and are very dangerous around kids, my neighbors have 2 right now that try to bite everything they see and have seen lots of them that way. And just so you know things just dont "happen" people let things happen by poor socialization,ignoring bad temperment problems such as shyness,agression,and in general just not taking care of their dog and then blaming the dog when something does happen.
Well...I don't have infants...and I have friends that have jack russells and don't have any problems, but thank you for your concern.

No, I am not giving pitbulls a bad name...I feel the same about any big dogs around my children. If a jack russell bites (due to no fault of the dog) we're talking a scratch, maybe a stitch. If a pit bull, or any other big dog bites (though no fault of it's own) we're talking major damage...can lose a limb, part of your face...not pretty.

So, this is why I was looking for a SMALL dog...just in case. Not planning on any dog bites...but things DO happen

My brother has 2 pit bulls...very loving, great dogs. Never had any problems out of them...but when kids come over they put em up (not by our suggestion but by their own beliefs) just in case, it only takes a second.

I'm glad that you never had any problems out of your pitbulls and I hope that it continues

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

76 Users are viewing the Somerset Forum right now

Search the Somerset Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 min Yes and Amen 129,029
Nicole stinson (Jun '09) 18 min kyboy100 3
TWC internet issues Somerset 28 min Booger 9
free money giveaway!! $$$ 37 min ROBNCRIS 1
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 59 min Aithusa 20,117
4 word game (Jan '09) 1 hr whatimeisit 1,822
BLESSINGS and CURSES 2 hr Stephen Levi 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Somerset Jobs

•••