Somerset family of four sentenced for...

Somerset family of four sentenced for making methamphetamine

There are 148 comments on the www.kentucky.com story from May 19, 2010, titled Somerset family of four sentenced for making methamphetamine. In it, www.kentucky.com reports that:

Four members of a Somerset family have received lengthy prison sentences for making methamphetamine, the U.S. Attorney's Office announced Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.kentucky.com.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#1 May 19, 2010
Michael Roy Redmond, 49, was sentenced to 240 months in federal prison. His wife, Nanette Redmond, 48, received a 68-month sentence; son Casey, 26, was sentenced to 100 months; and another son, Cornelius, 23, received a 60-month sentence. A fifth member of the conspiracy, Ami Beckman, 22, was sentenced to 28 months, according to a news release.

“Irish Eyes, T'salagi Temper”

Level 2

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#2 May 19, 2010
Hopefully, they will serve their full sentences and not be let out on "good behavior".

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#3 May 19, 2010
Right? The remaining portion of the news article says that they are required to serve a minimal 85% of their sentences. GOOD DEAL, although I wish that there was no bargaining chips when it comes to sentences like this where Meth is involved. They should serve the WHOLE time they've been given, in my opinion.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#4 May 19, 2010
Hopefully these people will get clean and realize their WRONG. The damage they have done to themselves is irreverseable in most cases and their mental addiction will remain, depending upon the severity of their addiction and damage-done. If anyone on here really cared about man-kind, they would pray for these people. Society has imposed its sentence and some relish the thought of long-time incarceration. I believe that it is good they are off our streets. But I also pray that they rehabilitate and once they are released, they become productive citizens, especially the young ones...
Justice

Somerset, KY

#5 May 19, 2010
This shows the difference between elected local prosecutors and federal courts.

Level 2

Location hidden

#6 May 19, 2010
Soul-Shaker wrote:
Hopefully these people will get clean and realize their WRONG. The damage they have done to themselves is irreverseable in most cases and their mental addiction will remain, depending upon the severity of their addiction and damage-done. If anyone on here really cared about man-kind, they would pray for these people. Society has imposed its sentence and some relish the thought of long-time incarceration. I believe that it is good they are off our streets. But I also pray that they rehabilitate and once they are released, they become productive citizens, especially the young ones...
Some do become productive citizens after they've kicked the addiction. Some never learn. It's the ones who never learn that I show no pity.
Justice

Somerset, KY

#7 May 19, 2010
Phoenix Rising_76 wrote:
<quoted text>Some do become productive citizens after they've kicked the addiction. Some never learn. It's the ones who never learn that I show no pity.
Thanks Lake Cumberland Drug Task Force, well done.
Poppy

London, KY

#8 May 19, 2010
I understand that meth is a big problem here in ky.although 240 months is 20 years 48 years old he will be in his 70s when let out.to old to cook any more meth after that long off a time.that is what are prison system dose it gives you so much time that when you get out you'er a old man that can't do anything:I understand he had other charges before but was it for making meth?
I in no way say that it's ok to make meth.I have seen people muder someone are hurt a child get alot lest time then this.I had a charge of possion of weed I got a ten day jail stay and a 1000dollor fine.while I was in jail this was like 15 years ago there was a old man in there that had molested his neice and he only got six months in jail.
Ten days in jail for a doopy and just six months for molesting you'er niece dose anyone eles see something wrong with this.we have had people in our own town that have harmed children or killed someone and get less the five years.there are more nonviolent drug offenders serving life sentences then someone molisting a child.
Make meth life sentence,moliste a child get five years non violent drug offenders at that most likely making there own supply.I at least think that a child molester should at least get a life sentence wouldn't you?nonvoilent drug offender life sentence when they were most likely just making enough to keep up there own hapit.something is wrong with this pitc.
yep

London, KY

#9 May 19, 2010
Poppy wrote:
I understand that meth is a big problem here in ky.although 240 months is 20 years 48 years old he will be in his 70s when let out.to old to cook any more meth after that long off a time.that is what are prison system dose it gives you so much time that when you get out you'er a old man that can't do anything:I understand he had other charges before but was it for making meth?
I in no way say that it's ok to make meth.I have seen people muder someone are hurt a child get alot lest time then this.I had a charge of possion of weed I got a ten day jail stay and a 1000dollor fine.while I was in jail this was like 15 years ago there was a old man in there that had molested his neice and he only got six months in jail.
Ten days in jail for a doopy and just six months for molesting you'er niece dose anyone eles see something wrong with this.we have had people in our own town that have harmed children or killed someone and get less the five years.there are more nonviolent drug offenders serving life sentences then someone molisting a child.
Make meth life sentence,moliste a child get five years non violent drug offenders at that most likely making there own supply.I at least think that a child molester should at least get a life sentence wouldn't you?nonvoilent drug offender life sentence when they were most likely just making enough to keep up there own hapit.something is wrong with this pitc.
well said, i'm not a meth maker but i a'm a tax payer helping pay to keep this man in prison for 20 years , i hope its all worth it.
4your411

Somerset, KY

#10 May 19, 2010
wtf! entire families on meth

Level 2

Location hidden

#11 May 19, 2010
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Lake Cumberland Drug Task Force, well done.
Wish I could be a member.
Voter

Somerset, KY

#12 May 19, 2010
yep wrote:
<quoted text>well said, i'm not a meth maker but i a'm a tax payer helping pay to keep this man in prison for 20 years , i hope its all worth it.
Yeah, let's just slap them on the wrist like any other crime. You must think meth is killing this country. With parole and good time .....are you that nuts to think he will serve it all.
Poppy

London, KY

#13 May 20, 2010
You'er talking about fed crime he will sever at Least85 percent.the fed system isn't like county are local they will sever most if not all.then if in there and has to take up for hisself and gets into a fight that's anouther five to ten years this man will be lucky if he ever sees the light of day again.
Although if he killed someone or molested a child he would be out in five or ten years county.with good behavior and porai they might sever three years for killing someone are molesting a child.by the way you can't ever take are give back a life or forgive him if he hurt a child.20years for being a drug addict yea that will help or county.
A nonviolent drug offender severing 20 years in the cell with a child molerster that gets five years sounds right by me how about you?
someone who knows

Hazard, KY

#14 May 20, 2010
Redmond family & Ami are GREAT people, we all make mistakes. But they are kind hearted and sweet generious people!
rotten apples

Brownsville, TN

#15 May 20, 2010
Drug crimes run in Redmond and Beckmans family. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Every one involved in this knew full well what they were involved in and they thought they would get away with it. There is justice and they will serve the sentence they deserve.
justice served

Brownsville, TN

#16 May 20, 2010
Justice wrote:
This shows the difference between elected local prosecutors and federal courts.
This is what Hatfield is going to help bring to our community. I can't wait!

Level 1

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#17 May 20, 2010
someone who knows wrote:
Redmond family & Ami are GREAT people, we all make mistakes. But they are kind hearted and sweet generious people!
Great people don't make meth.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#18 May 20, 2010
lauridarlin wrote:
<quoted text> Great people don't make meth.
Good come-back reply...Like Mr. T says " I pity the fools "...
I would know

Somerset, KY

#19 May 20, 2010
hahahaha, the apple doesnt fall far from the tree? yea well....some people make mistakes..you don't know a thing you are talking about..the Redmonds are good people..did ya ever get to know the whole family? nahhh I didnt think so..Did you ever get to know the Beckman family? nahhh didnt think so..one of the the beckman girls is a National society of collegiate scholars, one just recieved a scholarship for college, two of them have already graduated from college..and carrying a good life..and the other one is still in college..see before you start going and judging families, look at your own and ask..is mine perfect..NO!
I would know

Somerset, KY

#20 May 20, 2010
I personally know Mikes parents( the redmonds) and mikes sisters and brother..they are FABULOUS people and VERY smart. The beckmans are GOOOD people and the mother raised her children alone, and she is a good hardworking mother..and a fabulous person and has never been in trouble..before you go judging..DO you have children or young children..im more than sure you will regret what you are saying..never know..your kids could get in trouble..:)! haa

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 32 min gladthelakeisback 34,743
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr ChromiuMan 158,064
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 3 hr Princess Hey 12,969
Missy Poo 12 hr Copper 46
Are You a Victim of Misty Cundiff? 14 hr guest 23
~~*last post wins*~~ (Mar '11) 16 hr Princess Hey 15,489
Need to find new Dr was patients of Dr grimble 17 hr citizen 47

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages