poky

Somerset, KY

#21 Aug 25, 2012
MMXII wrote:
The one time famous Holsomback Restaurant is back. The restaurant opens this Friday evening and all day Saturday for the Cruise.
where are they located? never heard of them.
Fountain of Knowledge

Richmond, KY

#22 Aug 25, 2012
TherealBob wrote:
Jewels was far superior.
I won't lie, I am so excited about the reopening of Holsombacks! Man I have missed that place and crave them on occasion. It really sucks to crave something you can't get!

That being said, I totally remember Jewels! That place was really awesome too! Sadness ensued the day that place burned down! Ahhhh how I miss the Somerset staples!

Level 4

Since: Jun 12

Brownsville, TN

#23 Aug 25, 2012
Jewels was the best of the truely Somerset fast foods! It was dirt cheap in price, gave you heart burns afterward but well worth every bite and penny of it.

I hated when Jewels burnt too. Didn't they go out first though and turn into a car lot or something? Either way at the time I lived closer to Burnside but I would make the trip up town to get Jewels instead of Burger King or Arby's. That goes to show my devotion!

Besides for what you paid for BK or Arby you could get double or tripple at Jewels so you had plenty for the next day.

I liked Daddy O's too. But nothing like Jewels.
Westwood

London, KY

#24 Aug 26, 2012
Refresh my memory, where was Jewels?
Paul Revere

London, KY

#25 Aug 26, 2012
Sorry but none of the burger joints mentioned can hold a candle to Finley's Restaurant/Drive-In formerly located on 27. I practically grew up on Finley burgers and slaw back in the day.
While you can still get the slaw and even a burger around town by the same name, they just aren't quite the same.
Good luck to Doug H though.
1970 mems

Manchester, KY

#26 Aug 26, 2012
My grandpa used to load my cousins and myself in back of pickup ( it was safe had wooden cattle racks ) HA! well papa always made sure to get there (holsombacks) after noon cause the old grease made them burgers better!
I could eat 7 my cousin could eat 8 and he was skinny as a rail!
Now its a good thing we played ON the farm outside for the rest of day cause outhouse and fresh air was a must but NEVER will for get them great ol days!
5 dollars fed 4 kids burgers by the sack! with a drink (about a 6oz pop)!

Level 4

Brownsville, TN

#27 Aug 26, 2012
Westwood wrote:
Refresh my memory, where was Jewels?
Was on the corner of N. Main street and HWY 80. It was just down from Cundiff building. I think thats what its called.

As for Finley's that was before my time but I would always hear how good they were from my mom. I think she loved the onion rings there and the coleslaw. Not sure what else. I need to ask her about that place just so I know.

I am suprised now one remembers Daddy'0s but me. I guess they were in and out to quick for people to really remember them. I do remember the building being fairly new and I think they tore it down to rebuild something else. What a waste of money.

I wish we had a Rally's. I love their Big Beufords. LOL those things are so messy but they taste great.
agatha

Somerset, KY

#28 Aug 26, 2012
DaddyO's was great for quick food. Was sad when it went out of business. Place was always busy when I drove passed. Now that spot is a car lot next to rite aide. Finleys was also in that area. pizza place that use to be across from welcome center had great pizza.
nancy gal

Bellevue, WA

#29 Aug 26, 2012
oh i remember daddy o's. best fries around...me to wish we had a rallys

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#30 Aug 26, 2012
Daddyo's had similiar fries as Backyard Burgers - Great place to eat - Race cars , evidently , were more important than the restaurant -
Marvin

London, KY

#31 Aug 27, 2012
Has anyone actually been to Holsomback's since it re-opened?
Get real

United States

#32 Aug 27, 2012
I believe Daddy'Os was part of a chain that closed down.
Missin

Somerset, KY

#33 Aug 27, 2012
I really miss Daddy o's :)
manfromthewest

Somerset, KY

#34 Aug 27, 2012
holsombacks opens tomorrow .. tues. i plan to be there for lunch
Watcher

Manchester, KY

#35 Aug 27, 2012
manfromthewest wrote:
holsombacks opens tomorrow .. tues. i plan to be there for lunch
been so long I am not sure I can remember the flavor of a Holsomback

“Boogie Chill'un”

Level 6

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#36 Aug 28, 2012
What was Daddy O's called right before it closed? I remember them changing names before they closed. Loved me some Finley's, Handy Andy's, Jewells, Holsomback's, Briar Bowl, Daddy O's, Jerry's, Druther's, A&R Grill, and the Somerset Pharmacy lunch counter.

“Looking For Yard Work And More”

Level 2

Since: Aug 12

Somerset,Ky

#37 Aug 28, 2012
I Remember Going There When I Was Growing Up And The Food Was Great Especially The Hamburgers They Are Like a Old-Fashioned Restaurant and i must say it was great for the price..

Level 4

Brownsville, TN

#38 Aug 28, 2012
Rose's department store used to serve some decent tenderloins for breakfast. Does that place even exist now? It has been so long since I been to Roses shoping center I don't know.
what about

Somerset, KY

#40 Aug 28, 2012
What about Scottie's Restaurant? It was a small burger joint. Right on S Hwy 27...if you went in to eat you had to sit on a bar stool at the counter...ahhh......the good ole days!!!

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#41 Aug 28, 2012
DaGasssMan wrote:
Rose's department store used to serve some decent tenderloins for breakfast. Does that place even exist now? It has been so long since I been to Roses shoping center I don't know.
Restaurant gone - For lease again - Pays to know who you're signing a contract with -

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
matt abott no longer at alton blakley mazda (Nov '08) 32 min John 131
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 43 min HistoricallySpeaking 131,885
Christmas Dinner & gifts for kids 1 hr Living Bread Soup... 3
medical office employee laws... 3 hr curious606 2
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 3 hr Trouser Cough 22,675
KY Senator Vows to End Somerset Gas Sales 4 hr robert 27
What does the Apostolic faith preach? (Aug '10) 8 hr Antonio Brisco D Min 14
Somerset Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Somerset People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Somerset News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Somerset