First Prev
of 2
Next Last
manfromthewest

Somerset, KY

#27 Jan 27, 2013
Ridiculous wrote:
<quoted text>
What you really mean is they took christianity out of the schools, which I believe is a good thing. Give equal time to all religions or not at all.
no.. they took God out. all references to religion has been removed..those kids have nothing to look up to besides drugs and moral decline of our nation. we only have ourselves to blame and our lawmakers. the economy has brought the demise of sports and the arts.. our whole nation is going downhill im sorry to say
ScienceHillRes

Somerset, KY

#32 Jan 28, 2013
science hill parent wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe the test scores have improved during his tenure there. The school was 10th in the state when he took over and has improved rank up to 2nd highest in the state in the last couple of years. The school also has great administration and teachers.
Actually the test scores have dropped under him. If you look at the school before he came compared to now you can see the dramatic drop.SHS was usually in the top 3 each year. The whole 2nd in the state was some agency he had come in and do a rank, not the state. And this 10th place is horrible considering for the first time in my life SHS is last in the county in test scores and not to the standards that the past leaders had set.
manfromthewest

Somerset, KY

#33 Jan 28, 2013
Grey Boxer wrote:
<quoted text>
Can parents not teach their children at home about God? Why should it be the teachers responsibility?
of course. and churches ... you have just showed the problem. teachers dont need to teach about God. just allow the religous symbols like bible and ten commandments to be in classrooms. also other faiths if students of that faith are there.. let the students pray in their own way.. like it used to be when this nation had morals and values.
schoolman

Middlesboro, KY

#35 Jan 28, 2013
Went from best school in the county to the worse in the last few years.
Why

Somerset, KY

#37 Jan 28, 2013
manfromthewest wrote:
well schoolman. it seems the quality has gone down somewhat. i blame that on the kentucky educational reform act that stopped teachers from teaching. and gray.. no way i can reason with you on this.. fact is that our morals have gone down since supreme court ruled no prayer and bibles in the public schools.. kids are rude and disresptful..scores have gone down.. and the ACLU and agnostics are rejoiceing.. drug abuse is up.. do the math on this.. when we take away good values and faith in God from our classrooms. the evil takes its place. sad but true. we only have ourselves to blame for letting our society get in a downward slide like this.
Why is is that the Christian Taliban feels obligated to take every thread and turn it into a discussion of morals and religion. If children today lack respect, that's the fault of lazy parents who are all too willing to push their responsibilities on teachers, schools, churches, clergy, sports teams and clubs. Besides, the ideal that someone on Topix represents the national moral imperative is down right hilarious. Get a life brother.
manfromthewest

Somerset, KY

#38 Jan 28, 2013
Why wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is is that the Christian Taliban feels obligated to take every thread and turn it into a discussion of morals and religion. If children today lack respect, that's the fault of lazy parents who are all too willing to push their responsibilities on teachers, schools, churches, clergy, sports teams and clubs. Besides, the ideal that someone on Topix represents the national moral imperative is down right hilarious. Get a life brother.
christian taliban??? i think not...im not instigateing terrorism to those who are not of the faith. just saying that things have gone downhill since lawmakers have blocked religious expression and one nation UNDER GOD..this is on our money and gov. buildings and we have let the non religious libertines to dictate that God should not be part of the nation that was created under Gods name...athiests and agnostics have forced God out of schools.. prayer out of schools and public events. it is your right to be a athiest taliban if you choose to. just not right to tear our nation apart by ripping out the moral fiber that dictates proper behavior and morality.. anyone with intelligence of a turnip green can see the relationship between the lack of moral leadership in government and schools and family and the increase of drug abuse/crime/and lack of values.. those of non faith seem to be as zealous about no belief in God as we who have faith are in our thoughts and actions. im not perfect by any means.... but i do know right from wrong.. it is a free country im told, but lately our lawmakers take away our freedoms with restricting laws limiting one nation under God... with it goes good performance in grades and behavior in schools. it is a fact.. i was there ,like most of you who opened the school day with pledge of alligence to the flag of our country and prayer...patriotism was part of life...taught and practiced.. this thread is about science hill school athletics.. and i hope this is reconsidered and traditions are preserved.. someday maybe we will swing back to freedom of religion and let all faiths express themselves without abuse from non believers. if you dont believe in God...it is your choice.. you can go to church or not go. your freedom of choice..just allow us of faith to choose the foundations our nation was founded on.. GOD BLESS AMERICA..
manfromthewest

Somerset, KY

#42 Jan 28, 2013
and i compliment you on teaching your kids how to behave in a civilized society. you are to be comended.. good people can be good without following faith. it is just harder to do. on other end of the stick we got to admit some of the most horrible things in history was done in Gods name.. crusades and spanish inqusition for two.. still saying. our current problems have happend in last ten years when athiests attacked presence of bible and God and prayer in our public schools. we can do better
for sure

Somerset, KY

#43 Jan 28, 2013
Yep......
user-friendly

Streamwood, IL

#44 Jan 28, 2013
manfromthewest wrote:
<quoted text>
christian taliban??? i think not...im not instigateing terrorism to those who are not of the faith. just saying that things have gone downhill since lawmakers have blocked religious expression and one nation UNDER GOD..this is on our money and gov. buildings and we have let the non religious libertines to dictate that God should not be part of the nation that was created under Gods name...athiests and agnostics have forced God out of schools.. prayer out of schools and public events. it is your right to be a athiest taliban if you choose to. just not right to tear our nation apart by ripping out the moral fiber that dictates proper behavior and morality.. anyone with intelligence of a turnip green can see the relationship between the lack of moral leadership in government and schools and family and the increase of drug abuse/crime/and lack of values.. those of non faith seem to be as zealous about no belief in God as we who have faith are in our thoughts and actions. im not perfect by any means.... but i do know right from wrong.. it is a free country im told, but lately our lawmakers take away our freedoms with restricting laws limiting one nation under God... with it goes good performance in grades and behavior in schools. it is a fact.. i was there ,like most of you who opened the school day with pledge of alligence to the flag of our country and prayer...patriotism was part of life...taught and practiced.. this thread is about science hill school athletics.. and i hope this is reconsidered and traditions are preserved.. someday maybe we will swing back to freedom of religion and let all faiths express themselves without abuse from non believers. if you dont believe in God...it is your choice.. you can go to church or not go. your freedom of choice..just allow us of faith to choose the foundations our nation was founded on.. GOD BLESS AMERICA..
well said. Awesome post. You are a disappearing breed of American, sadly.
manfromthewest

Somerset, KY

#49 Jan 29, 2013
Downer wrote:
<quoted text>
You were the one who derailed the thread with all your prayer in the schools nonsense and talk of moral superiority. Talk about negative attitude. This is a great country, but you only see gloom and doom.
well i am sorry you see it that way.. we of faith see the gloom and doom as a lack of faith... sorry you cant see it. history is full of negative things and it is just part of history.. good with bad.. the so called derailing of the thread was just a reflection of loseing good things in our community because of moral decline in our nation. blame that on who you wish.. i have a very positive attitude and i do hope and pray our nation can turn around and start moveing forward with economics and direction.. now. science hill athletics..... we used to have a friendly and lively competition between our communitys in our local high schools eubank/science hill/nancy/shopville/burnside and somerset and yes ferguson war horses. all that ended with consolidation and the local elementary schools kept the tradition going best they could. now science hill may end its athletic teams. i hope that they can keep that pride and community focus going and good luck with restarting their high school. we pray for success of our nation and our communities. i am sorry you have no one to pray to...God loves you even if you dont believe in him.

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#50 Jan 29, 2013
manfromthewest wrote:
<quoted text>
well i am sorry you see it that way.. we of faith see the gloom and doom as a lack of faith... sorry you cant see it. history is full of negative things and it is just part of history.. good with bad.. the so called derailing of the thread was just a reflection of loseing good things in our community because of moral decline in our nation. blame that on who you wish.. i have a very positive attitude and i do hope and pray our nation can turn around and start moveing forward with economics and direction.. now. science hill athletics..... we used to have a friendly and lively competition between our communitys in our local high schools eubank/science hill/nancy/shopville/burnside and somerset and yes ferguson war horses. all that ended with consolidation and the local elementary schools kept the tradition going best they could. now science hill may end its athletic teams. i hope that they can keep that pride and community focus going and good luck with restarting their high school. we pray for success of our nation and our communities. i am sorry you have no one to pray to...God loves you even if you dont believe in him.
You sure ain't no "gloomerdoomer" -Truthful to a fault -
tiddly winks

Somerset, KY

#55 Feb 1, 2013
science hill parent must still be drinking the Kool-Aid they serve up there. The problem goes deeper than just the superintendent.
Buddah

Somerset, KY

#56 Feb 3, 2013
Grey Boxer wrote:
<quoted text>
I do good things because I treat people the same way I want to be treated and I don't need a invisible person to tell me that.
Believe you're talking bout the ol' golden rule. Irony.
Please

Somerset, KY

#62 Feb 4, 2013
If you want to debate scripture, please do so on one of the religious threads. And people wonder why discussions on the Somerset forum are effectively dead.
Grady

Somerset, KY

#64 Feb 4, 2013
Please wrote:
If you want to debate scripture, please do so on one of the religious threads. And people wonder why discussions on the Somerset forum are effectively dead.
You do realize that sometimes threads move from their original point based on points made by others. Feel free to skip over the ones you don't like.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr dollarsbill 131,857
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 1 hr Trouser Cough 10,492
cute mexican girl working at taco bell 3 hr movieman 1
Weapons of Mass Destruction Special Unit (Jul '11) 5 hr goblow 19
Help with Deposit? (Nov '12) 5 hr goblow 3
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 6 hr Hatti_Hollerand 22,628
please help.... 8 hr Help 2
Somerset Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Somerset People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Somerset News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Somerset

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:18 am PST

Bleacher Report 7:18AM
Tennessee Titans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars: Complete Week 16 Preview for Tennesse
NBC Sports12:38 PM
Dexter McCluster out Thursday, likely out Week 17 as well
NBC Sports 2:30 PM
Manziel looking for better showing in second start - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 2:48 PM
Titans RB McCluster ruled out of game vs. Jaguars - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 5:47 PM
Denver Broncos vs. Cincinnati Bengals Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick