First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Vote 3rd Party

Tazewell, VA

#28 Oct 1, 2012
well wrote:
The laws are passed that to get prescriptions for pain, anxiety, depression. psycological disorders and some nurological disorders the patient has to be drug tested every 3 months by a physicain to get a prescription. This includes all age groups and is not garanteed that health insurance has to cover such drug test. Many senior citizens now fall under the new guidelines and will have to be drug tested. The healthcare reform that passed has now began and many people will be paying the bill for thier drug test before they can even get the medications. Dr's have no choice but to automatically order a drug test on patients for the medications they have been prescribing for years. Just got a bill for 600.00 on a drug test that was performed in order to get seizure medication...medicare does not cover the test,...
Holy Cow! there has to be a cheaper drug test to order. Most factory jobs do a baseline drug test on new employees and any workman's comps as well as annual physicals. There's no way they would be paying that. Call other labs and see their prices. It sounds like you are being gouged.

If not, then the lobbyists for teh drug testing machines own the politicians. Vote all the state people out of office!
AnxietyWoman

Somerset, KY

#29 Oct 1, 2012
To Wondering, over a yr ago I started suffering from anxiety. My body was shaking all over, couldn't breath and felt like I was choking. The only thing that could calm me was Valium. Trust me, I'd rather not be on medication. I didn't just go to the dr and say oh I don't feel good. I was literally not able to function. Some people DO need these meds.
well

Morehead, KY

#30 Oct 1, 2012
Vote 3rd Party wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy Cow! there has to be a cheaper drug test to order. Most factory jobs do a baseline drug test on new employees and any workman's comps as well as annual physicals. There's no way they would be paying that. Call other labs and see their prices. It sounds like you are being gouged.
If not, then the lobbyists for teh drug testing machines own the politicians. Vote all the state people out of office!
It is the law in effect presently, just wait and see what happens in the future. Most people don't realize yet the expense that going to see their family physicain will be in the very near future. Yes It was passed in Congress as part of the Healthcare reform. Congress was very aware of these testing being expensive and out of pocket cost will be more then working, elderly and handicap will be able to pay. The lab was in Lexinton, but it will not matter which lab performs the testing, they are all doing the test according to the guidelines set by Congress on teir level drugs. Insurance Companies know this in affect and are now not covering the cost. Medicare and Medicaid will not pay for the test, which is a way to cut back cost on those state and federal programs. It may cut down on Doctors writing Prescriptions, It may cut down on patients recieving prescriptions, but when it is drugs that are used for legitimate health issues, the patient will either pay for the test or go without. You mentioned lobbiest and politicians, well isn't that what it is all about in controlling the healthcare of the people. Presently medicare is limiting the doctor visits and procedures of the elderly, retired and handicap. Is it more to be considered as a legitimate population control. Think about it.
I have been reading as much literature on the healthcare reform and this debate presently on drug testing before a prescription can be written and filled at a pharmacy. According to Washington, Congress knew it would help curb the epidemic of pain meds and other street drugs by enforcing a steep protical on the Physicians, they also know it would limit care to ederly. They can not do any changes at this time until after the first of the year on the cost, but not looking to get a resolution that will help the individauals needing the prescriptions. Most people don't go to a Physician until an absolute emergency and those same emergency visits be it at a hospital, office visit or clinic, they will be given the drug testing automatic before a teir drug will be prescribed. Hospital Emergency Outlets are to do the drug testing, so if you are in a car accident or whatever, that bill will contain the drug test procedures automatically if a patient has to have medication treatment. My concern is the Nursing Homes as to what care will be neglected as for medications due to the drug testing proceedures and their care being billed to Medicare and Medicaid. 2013 and 2014 will be something to take notice, will there be a rise in natural caused deaths???
Vote 3rd Party

Tazewell, VA

#31 Oct 1, 2012
well wrote:
<quoted text> It is the law in effect presently, just wait and see what happens in the future. Most people don't realize yet the expense that going to see their family physicain will be in the very near future. Yes It was passed in Congress as part of the Healthcare reform. Congress was very aware of these testing being expensive and out of pocket cost will be more then working, elderly and handicap will be able to pay. The lab was in Lexinton, but it will not matter which lab performs the testing, they are all doing the test according to the guidelines set by Congress on teir level drugs. Insurance Companies know this in affect and are now not covering the cost. Medicare and Medicaid will not pay for the test, which is a way to cut back cost on those state and federal programs. It may cut down on Doctors writing Prescriptions, It may cut down on patients recieving prescriptions, but when it is drugs that are used for legitimate health issues, the patient will either pay for the test or go without. You mentioned lobbiest and politicians, well isn't that what it is all about in controlling the healthcare of the people. Presently medicare is limiting the doctor visits and procedures of the elderly, retired and handicap. Is it more to be considered as a legitimate population control. Think about it.
I have been reading as much literature on the healthcare reform and this debate presently on drug testing before a prescription can be written and filled at a pharmacy. According to Washington, Congress knew it would help curb the epidemic of pain meds and other street drugs by enforcing a steep protical on the Physicians, they also know it would limit care to ederly. They can not do any changes at this time until after the first of the year on the cost, but not looking to get a resolution that will help the individauals needing the prescriptions. Most people don't go to a Physician until an absolute emergency and those same emergency visits be it at a hospital, office visit or clinic, they will be given the drug testing automatic before a teir drug will be prescribed. Hospital Emergency Outlets are to do the drug testing, so if you are in a car accident or whatever, that bill will contain the drug test procedures automatically if a patient has to have medication treatment. My concern is the Nursing Homes as to what care will be neglected as for medications due to the drug testing proceedures and their care being billed to Medicare and Medicaid. 2013 and 2014 will be something to take notice, will there be a rise in natural caused deaths???
Do you have any links to the laws and to any documentation that medicare or other insurances won't cover the testing?
dave

Middlesboro, KY

#33 Oct 2, 2012
I know people with money or had money do this meth stuff, i don't see how anyone can do this drug or any drug
doileavehim

Salem, OR

#34 Apr 24, 2013
I smelled a musky sweet Smell this morning when my husband kissed me goodbye, then i felt a weird rush, could it have been METH???..he is a recovering addict from before We got together. I have never smelled it, seen it, or know anything about it. I DO know he did it for 15 years and was so functional on it nobody really knew he did it. Could it give me a rush like that from just smelling it?
lawl

Corbin, KY

#36 Apr 30, 2013
meth explosions I would are not that big, well just about a few gallons of ether or naptha set fire.. Not like it's going to blow up a whole neighor hood or even the house with 30 feet. Pretty much like someone accidently lighting on fire a 5-10 gallon can of gasoline.
Tired

Lenoir, NC

#37 Apr 30, 2013
doileavehim wrote:
I smelled a musky sweet Smell this morning when my husband kissed me goodbye, then i felt a weird rush, could it have been METH???..he is a recovering addict from before We got together. I have never smelled it, seen it, or know anything about it. I DO know he did it for 15 years and was so functional on it nobody really knew he did it. Could it give me a rush like that from just smelling it?
Or maybe he brushed his teeth but didn't have time to shower and you find him sexy
consumerwatch

Sherman Oaks, CA

#43 Aug 19, 2013
I have noticed that people smell like drain cleaner or home hair perm solution (so I think that might be ammonia-like), cat urine, and this ear wax-like smell mixed with vinegar, if they are meth addicts. Sometimes on the highway you can smell people making it in their cars--that always smells like Drano or home perm.

Level 2

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#44 Aug 20, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious? Now I have to start a thread to find out what cat urine smells like.
A friend at a mini mart said she could smell it on people when they came in. She said it was a chemical odor but couldn't say exactly.
I've also been noticing alot of young people with rotten teeth.
Find the nearest "used" cat litterbox, and stick your nose in it idiot, you won't forget the smell! Start a thread my azz!
sister

Tampa, FL

#46 Aug 20, 2013
consumerwatch wrote:
I have noticed that people smell like drain cleaner or home hair perm solution (so I think that might be ammonia-like), cat urine, and this ear wax-like smell mixed with vinegar, if they are meth addicts. Sometimes on the highway you can smell people making it in their cars--that always smells like Drano or home perm.
Help me out, ear wax has a smell to it?? I do remember what the home perm smelled like, from when I was a kid & my mom permed her hair at home. That is a smell you never forget
old dawg

Lexington, KY

#47 Aug 20, 2013
i have never knowingly smelled it, but i've been told that cat urine is it.
buddhabuddy

San Francisco, CA

#48 Oct 21, 2013
We are living in difficult times. A young friend of mine is acting suspciously like a meth user. He takes frequent "smoking" breaks. When he returns I can sometimes smell a faint chemical, perhaps acetone smell. From what I pick up, this may be due to impurities in the product he is smoking. Damn-he is actually a nice person most of the time. It would be easy to say give up on them, but it seems we have some sort of obligation towards our youth . I am confronting him, talking with his parents,etc....at least trying to connect and help him. Its not easy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 3 min Wisdom 7,102
Looking 14 min HitIt420 1
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Athenesword 131,107
County Judge-Exec 2 hr pitbullie 133
4 word game (Jan '09) 2 hr Princess Hey 1,877
Government wanting to Ban Teens from working in... 2 hr Stupid tax payer 6
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 3 hr Hatti_Hollerand 21,187

Somerset Jobs

Somerset People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Somerset News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Somerset

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]