Created by Cantbesurpirsed on Feb 21, 2010

33 votes

Click on an option to vote

This agency is a joke

They return children to abuser

Cantbesurpirsed

Hodgenville, KY

#1 Feb 21, 2010
This "agency" is a total joke, and needs to be investigated itself.
voter taxpayer

Stanford, KY

#2 Feb 21, 2010
Cantbesurpirsed wrote:
This "agency" is a total joke, and needs to be investigated itself.
could have not said it better myself.
not_involved

Hodgenville, KY

#3 Feb 21, 2010
If you report abuse, it usually goes unchecked, and the child continues to be abused, CPS is a total joke in this county. Maybe thats why some people wont get involved and report it. Kentucky has the highest rate of child abuse in the COUNTRY! This was reported on the local news recently. Suffer the little children, truest verse in the bible.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#4 Feb 21, 2010
It's the same all over the country, I'm afraid. I know someone (very close friend) right now who is constantly being investigated because of a vindictive family member. The kid gets a scraped knee from playing, and they are reported by that family member for abuse. The kid is three years old, for God's sakes.... It's gonna get some scrapes and scuffs when playing outside..

Yet, I know of someone else (not a close friend) who doesn't even feed their kids right and let's them wander loose in the neighborhood constantly. This person has NEVER been investigated to my knowledge, even after three of us have reported it.

Seems like CPS focuses on the wrong family's for the wrong reasons way too many times, or we really would have less abused and murdered children in this county.. Also, I believe people who make false reports to them should be prosecuted, but they aren't. It's just another "broken" and non monitored program run by the government in my opinion.
CPS

Danville, KY

#5 Feb 21, 2010
If Valerie Kelsey still works there, she is really good with kids. or used to be, but if Joy Anger is, she is a trouble making [email protected]~.
Who cares

Hodgenville, KY

#6 Feb 22, 2010
Everyone who currently works for CPS in Pulaski Co. should be fired. A whole new set of employees need to take over that are properly trained and know what the heck they are doing. All of these morons think they can do whatever they want with no repercussions. Neglect gets reported, that has been witnessed first hand, and they just return the baby like nothing was ever said. Time to clean house and start over!!
Take a stand

Hodgenville, KY

#7 Feb 22, 2010
You try to do the right thing, and report abuse, and try to save a child from the hands of a monster, you get ignored, so does the child, then you end up reading about how they were killed by the person you reported. And they wonder why people dont get involved.
sick of it

Hodgenville, KY

#8 Feb 22, 2010
This counties CPS is such a joke and a fraud.
Debbie

United States

#9 Feb 22, 2010
Amen to that!
Charles

United States

#10 Feb 22, 2010
They need to hire new employees and get rid of the ones that they have, most are probably still working there just for the State Benefits, REtirement, and Insurance!!!!

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#11 Feb 22, 2010
To give the devil his due here, I really don't see people lining up for those jobs in particular, simply DUE to the client load, the bureaucracy and the stigma that goes with the job itself.. Like local law enforcement, I'd feel like I was fighting a loosing battle so often that my "on the job" moral would more than likely plummet..
CPS Certain people Suck

Hodgenville, KY

#12 Feb 22, 2010
Biggest waste of time and resources, this agency needs to shut down
CPS

Hodgenville, KY

#13 Feb 22, 2010
Shut em down
hmmm

London, KY

#14 Feb 24, 2010
I dispise these people
fedup

Manchester, KY

#16 Oct 3, 2010
Id say most of CPS "clients" were just poor and needed a hand up..instead they Take children and cause the parents more heart ache and money. They say they are doing this to help people but i don't see any help coming from their direction...just corruption and fraudulent practices. Some kids do need to be provided a safer place. but if you look at statistics those kids are dying while children who were taken from poor parents are being adopted out because the parents didn't have the money to hire a lawyer. Court appointed lawyers are a joke..and you have to stay on their ass constantly to get them to help you at all. And yes Social services does get a bonus for adopted out children..its a law called ASFA..look it up. After that law was signed by Bill Clinton the numbers of adoptions have risen..and sadly the number of families ripped apart by a corrupt system has risen as well. Just because someone has had their children stolen by CPS don't assume that they were bad parents. Right now your tax-dollars are funding alot of parents broken hearts...as they sit right now and mourn for their children they are hoping and praying that the world opens their eyes to what is really going on inside the walls of the CPS offices world wide. This is why Children who are actually abused are ignored...they are unadoptable so they get left to suffer. Google CPS and you will be surprised as to what comes up on the screen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
John wang down at KFC 27 min FiddleDeeDee 2
Remote start? 30 min FiddleDeeDee 2
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 37 min what a russsh 13,899
Females and someone else’s husband 47 min Bill 15
Hopefull she's caught 1 hr Bill 2
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Post troll 170,555
This or That? (May '11) 1 hr Princess Hey 2,289

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages