Pumphouse Rd crash
Concerned

Rossville, GA

#1 Mar 6, 2013
Any news on the father and his 12 year old daughter who crashed last night? Our friend said they were coming home from Sometset where she had a vollyball try out. They were on their way home. They lived east of Sometset of KY80 she believed. If this is the case, what were they doing on on the narrow, dangourous, crash ridden PumpHouse Rd? We know many use this as a cut through, to avery ky80, but ky80 is much safer than pumphouse rd. We live off pumphouse rd and dont understand why people cut through on this road. Its narrow and crooked. Prayers for the family, it doesnt sound like this is gonna turn out good.
CluelessNutsSpam Mean

Brownsville, TN

#2 Mar 6, 2013
You are a gossiping busybody. Mind your own business and keep these fine people off of Topix please! And you have the nerve to say prayers for the family? How dare you gossip this way for your thrill and then say pray for someone! May God forgive you!
Hmmmm

United States

#3 Mar 6, 2013
CluelessNutsSpamMean wrote:
You are a gossiping busybody. Mind your own business and keep these fine people off of Topix please! And you have the nerve to say prayers for the family? How dare you gossip this way for your thrill and then say pray for someone! May God forgive you!
AMEN!! Thank you for saying what I was thinking!!
gomer-ez

Manchester, KY

#4 Mar 7, 2013
Speed kills.
Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#5 Mar 7, 2013
WKYT said that both are on life support with a prayer vigil held last night locally
Level 5

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#6 Mar 7, 2013
I've driven that road from Pulaski County High School out to Hwy80 at Sugar Hill stop sign.
It is a narrow 2-lane hilly curvy road, and that's in daylight with dry conditions.
I've learned to stay on the Big Roads 'cause it's safer.
Automobile Insurance Companies in Pulaski County are higher because of all the 2-lane roads we have.
Just no room for error in driving.
Grady

London, KY

#7 Mar 7, 2013
COINTELPRO1963 wrote:
WKYT said that both are on life support with a prayer vigil held last night locally
Today's local paper says that the father who suffered multiple injures had surgery done yesterday and is in stable condition. His daughter is in Lexington waiting for swelling to go down on her brain. She has a depressed skull fracture on her forehead. It is very serious since it it not only pushing in on her brain but also there is pressure from the swelling as well. Prayers go out to them and their families as well. My son goes to school with the young girl and has nothing but nice things to say about her.
Ugh

Pompton Lakes, NJ

#8 Mar 7, 2013
What a judge mental jerk! What business is it of yours why they were on that road? What people aren't allowed to drive where they want anymore.
bolo

Pineville, KY

#9 Mar 7, 2013
This is my family. Please dont talk bad about them. Just pray for them. Thank you.
gomer-ez

Manchester, KY

#10 Mar 7, 2013
They can drive any place they want,but they have to do it in a safe manner.Drivers has a responsibility to themselves and the public to operate a vehicle in a safe manner.
Drivers should learn from these mistakes,but you see these types of accidents in the paper every week.
I am going to have to disagree with "forgot".I talked to my insurance agent,and they said .The high rates are due to the amount of accidents to ratio of drivers,and the drivers that drive without a license and have accidents.
Look at all the one car accidents,in the paper.
Slick roads,dry roads,Driver error will cause an accident.
I am truly sorry for those people.I just hope the young people who are praying for them,learns a lesson from this.S L O W Down and live.
Only one letter separates ,cool ,and fool.
Good conversation

Lexington, KY

#11 Mar 7, 2013
This should be a thread, that if were gonna discuss the issue, lets discuss it. While Northern, Southern and east Pulaski have decent to great roads, look at roads like KY39 and KY80 near Nancy, and from Parkway into Casey County. KY39 has seen numourous wrecks and has alota traffic. Theres much discussion of bringing this highway to a modern, wide, shouldered road. Also, KY80 from Parkway(aka Nancy exit) into Casey County, see's 3,000-5,000 cars per day. Thats alot, thats as much as east 80 or the south portion of 914 bypass. What im trying to say is, if you believe a road is dangourous and have an alternative route, use it. If there is no alternative route, its up to us to attend local meetings and get something done. I feel for the folks in Casey County. KY910 and 80 are pitiful and why its went this long without a single inch of road widened or shouldered, it really shows where we are as far as a region. Casey has one hafe decent upgraded highway, north to south. No good connection to East or West. Why? Those in Frankfort and even DC have taken care of our county well. Those in Casey and Russell County have awful roads, but atleast Russell does have the Parkway, but keep in mind, its only 1 exit. It traverses the county and allows no access to the 10 or so state routes which pass over a modernized 70MPH parkway, without access ramps. We look at our roads but lets not forget those around us. Why are they being left behind? And dont badger a family thats already hurting, please.
me

Somerset, KY

#12 Mar 8, 2013
Anybody posting such private family matters should stop and think what if this was me or my family would you truly want your issues out for everyone to read and or see It is just cruel to do this. People not close to the issue have no idea what this family are going through. The father is probably blaming hisself enough already no need to add to his agony.
Sound Advice

Brownsville, TN

#13 Mar 8, 2013
I live on Pumphouse Road and drive the hilly, curvy thing every day. Typically, I drive about 5 miles above the posted speed limit and at least half of the time, I get tail-gated closely by someone who apparently is in a very big hurry to get to the discount tobacco store ... or WalMart ... or King's Buffet.

Despite the fact that drivers think those double-yellow lines are where their hood ornaments should align, I've never had a wreck in my 10+ years of driving this road.

I have, however, seen LOTS of 'em.

Slow down, people. The flea markets stay open late.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Turkey stuffing contest tonight 5 min John whang 1
Found treeing Walker Coonhound now at Pulaski ... 9 min John whang 3
Drug test 10 min John whang 3
New Shopping Center in Somerset 12 min John whang 8
Odd how Ricky F. And John Whang post at the the... 16 min John whang 2
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 16 min taking my chances 169,993
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 1 hr Naturally Wired 37,847

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages