Who is running for judge and mayor in...

Level 2

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#153 Jul 9, 2013
Amanda "Bean" Bullock for City Council
YouthMovement

Somerset, KY

#154 Jul 9, 2013
Where are the young movers and shakers in all this political turmoil right now?? We've been dealing with this same crap from the same people (e.g. Bullock, Beshears, Girdler, etc.) for years. Let's get some younger blood in to the local politics and see what happens.

I guess there just aren't any 30-somethings involved in local civics right now, but it wouldn't be a bad change of pace for a few to come along on city council or somewhere.
ToCanSam

London, KY

#155 Jul 10, 2013
The young ones more than likely will have been trained by the older ones.
Honest Truth

Indianapolis, IN

#158 Jul 24, 2013
Really would anyone want George Flynn to be our next county Judge? Really? Anyone?
He makes Barty look like a brain surgeon.
I MUST SAY

Brownsville, TN

#160 Jul 25, 2013
Honest Truth wrote:
Really would anyone want George Flynn to be our next county Judge? Really? Anyone?
He makes Barty look like a brain surgeon.
lol so true
city boy

Pineville, KY

#161 Jul 26, 2013
John Minton would make a good mayor, at least things would be fair
Truth

London, KY

#162 Jul 26, 2013
Barty doesn't appear to dumb to me.He has been able to net close to a million in two terms in office Android according to a majority of you do nothing but act incompetintly.Now it would sem to me that either he is slick or the majority of Pulaski County voters are dumb as a bucket of rocks to keep eleting someone who you spend four years insulting his brainpower.He did say the county should stay dry and essentialy backwards,as he believes we should remain a rural community.I believe certain individuals,a majority of county residents signed a etition for a wet county in place of justa wet city.These same perons more than likely have been responsible for voting in this,as you on here call it,disastrous administration.If any one of you looks at the whole picture,I sincerely believe a majority of people in this area need a brain upgrade.When the majority of voters can finally vote for a candidate who can tighten the belt,toss out the appointed leeches,and. lastly say something about. and be able to be proven correct inhis thinking on said issue,then the majority of you will have hell being sincere critics of this type of candidate.Unfortunately,this type of candidate is never what the majority here wants or votes for.Incompetent candidates can't get elected unless a majority of idiots vote them into office.The truh hurts,but there it is in black and white.
Realist

Somerset, KY

#163 Jul 26, 2013
Truth wrote:
Barty doesn't appear to dumb to me.He has been able to net close to a million in two terms in office Android according to a majority of you do nothing but act incompetintly.Now it would sem to me that either he is slick or the majority of Pulaski County voters are dumb as a bucket of rocks to keep eleting someone who you spend four years insulting his brainpower.He did say the county should stay dry and essentialy backwards,as he believes we should remain a rural community.I believe certain individuals,a majority of county residents signed a etition for a wet county in place of justa wet city.These same perons more than likely have been responsible for voting in this,as you on here call it,disastrous administration.If any one of you looks at the whole picture,I sincerely believe a majority of people in this area need a brain upgrade.When the majority of voters can finally vote for a candidate who can tighten the belt,toss out the appointed leeches,and. lastly say something about. and be able to be proven correct inhis thinking on said issue,then the majority of you will have hell being sincere critics of this type of candidate.Unfortunately,this type of candidate is never what the majority here wants or votes for.Incompetent candidates can't get elected unless a majority of idiots vote them into office.The truh hurts,but there it is in black and white.
Barty needs to lobby for more dollars in the battle against illiteracy. Geesh!
zedsdead

Brownsville, TN

#164 Jul 26, 2013
Truth wrote:
That was one of the hardest posts to read and follow that I've ever seen. What were you trying to say? BTW, what is a etition?
Truth

Somerset, KY

#165 Jul 26, 2013
Truth wrote:
I don't necessarily agree with every point you made, but Amen, you hit the nail on the head by saying we the voters ( or non voters in some cases) are to blame. Until we force our elected officials to represent our interests by our selection in candidates (and get involved)it will be status quo.
Honest Truth

Noblesville, IN

#166 Jul 27, 2013
Apparently this guy Truth, Barty and George Flynn all went to the same High School. Illiterate dummies. :D
County Schooled

London, KY

#167 Jul 27, 2013
Hmmmm...the three stages mentioned here, all had a fine PC education.
Wondering

London, KY

#168 Jul 27, 2013
Where exactly has Bullock failed and thus proven to be non literate or incometent?Show me data that proves the claim.Besides,who could argue the point in a runoff and actually win the primary and forget the general election.Beshears failed twice.Actually,miserably this last run.Kelley cannot pull his weight with the grand old party.Flynn most claim is a joke.So who can actually unseat Bullock.A small percentage of you deride him,but has it mattered at the polls either time.He knows he has it another time and al of you do as well,potshots and cynicism aside.Again,who can you goad into running that can carry al the way?Perhaps Minton again.As to Girdler,same applies.Surely,Wiles will not let himself be crucified again.It stinks,but it is reality.Calling people names is easy,but I have not seen proof,especially when reviewing past poll numbers.
city boy

Pineville, KY

#169 Jul 27, 2013
Wondering wrote:
Where exactly has Bullock failed and thus proven to be non literate or incometent?Show me data that proves the claim.Besides,who could argue the point in a runoff and actually win the primary and forget the general election.Beshears failed twice.Actually,miserably this last run.Kelley cannot pull his weight with the grand old party.Flynn most claim is a joke.So who can actually unseat Bullock.A small percentage of you deride him,but has it mattered at the polls either time.He knows he has it another time and al of you do as well,potshots and cynicism aside.Again,who can you goad into running that can carry al the way?Perhaps Minton again.As to Girdler,same applies.Surely,Wiles will not let himself be crucified again.It stinks,but it is reality.Calling people names is easy,but I have not seen proof,especially when reviewing past poll numbers.
Ok tell us what he has done? Couple of little parks? Big deal, a square that didn't need redone? For gods sake they have to borrow money from the city to fund anything. They didn't have a measly 60 grand n the bank after collecting 12 million or so in taxes. Name one thing he has done besides sing at a different church every week please?
Wondering

London, KY

#170 Jul 27, 2013
How could the county funnel $12,000.00 toward,well let's call it what it is,plan to study the cost and effect of taking over city government and its funding machine if the county is broke?Wasn't $200,000.00 county funds applied to the square redo?I am just trying to put this picture together for a clearer analysis.What exactly constitutes an effective term.Perhaps a budget surplus of at least a million,coupled with a 4-5% unemployment rate,and lastly say at least two more production oriented factories in the county,one at least semi skilled laborforce?If this were delivered at the end of four years,would it at least be semi sufficent testimony to minimal competency?Of course spending would have to be slowed drastically.Again,it is just a matter of probing to see what would pass as official competency .
Hopper

London, KY

#172 Jul 28, 2013
city boy needs to stay in the city hooked up to Kim Jong gridler. It's obvious he has no idea what goes on in the county.
Honest Truth

Leitchfield, KY

#173 Jul 28, 2013
Hopper wrote:
city boy needs to stay in the city hooked up to Kim Jong gridler. It's obvious he has no idea what goes on in the county.
Actually he pretty much nailed it. One thing he forgot to add though was that a couple of the magistrates pretty much run rough shod right over poor Barty. Heck just about everyone runs over Barty including the mayor.
city boy

Pineville, KY

#174 Jul 28, 2013
Honest Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually he pretty much nailed it. One thing he forgot to add though was that a couple of the magistrates pretty much run rough shod right over poor Barty. Heck just about everyone runs over Barty including the mayor.
i would say that would be Maxey and Strunk. City boy knows a few things about the county
Honest Truth

Leitchfield, KY

#175 Jul 29, 2013
city boy wrote:
<quoted text>
i would say that would be Maxey and Strunk. City boy knows a few things about the county
DingDingDing that is the right answer! You get the prize behind door number 1!
You see good citizens all you have to so is pay a little attention to what is going on around you and all this stuff is pretty easy to figure out. Go to a few fiscal court meetings or looks at the names of the people they hire. Nepotism is alive and well in this county.
alleoup

Hazard, KY

#176 Nov 1, 2013
Knowitall9 wrote:
<quoted text>City don't dig graves , part of the funeral package - She weren't standing , she was movin ', and stirrin' the fire dept. issue ain't gonna help - If you have to ask about unseen details , you wouldn't understand -
She does a lot more in her position than the spouse of the Chamber of Commerce Director for whom the COUNTY created a shiny, new secretarial job when they came to PC.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Mickey402 148,905
Tiffany Wheeler (Oct '09) 9 hr Jack 8
We Need Stronger Medical Patient Modesty (Nov '10) 9 hr BBclue 17
This or That? (May '11) 14 hr Princess Hey 2,177
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 16 hr Red_Forman 12,547
What happened to WKEQ 97.1? 23 hr Zeus 9
Sam aaron berry Sat Curious 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages