Who is running for judge and mayor in...

Who is running for judge and mayor in 2014?

Posted in the Somerset Forum

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
resident

Pineville, KY

#1 Jun 23, 2013
Looks like all the regulars will be running (how exciting). This election could be interesting. Time for change for sure
Annabelle

Manchester, KY

#2 Jun 23, 2013
I don't know who's running, but anyone who opposes Girdler or Bullock has got my vote!
Hopper

Manchester, KY

#3 Jun 23, 2013
And that, friends, is exactly how we wound up with what we have.
resident

Pineville, KY

#4 Jun 23, 2013
8 years of this judge and this mayor is long enough, we need people with good vision but also know how to control the money and the spending of it. These magistrates and councilman that have nothing to bring to the table need out too. WE NEED CHANGE
donkey kong

Somerset, KY

#7 Jun 23, 2013
I will support Kelly for county judge this time around.
afraidwewillgett hesame

Brevard, NC

#8 Jun 23, 2013
As much as I would like see new leadership around here, I fear we will get the same. To get elected around here you have to be of a certain political class. The "ruling class" is not selected based upon personal accomplishment or intelligence, but a comfort level determined by the typical voter.

That's why all our magistrates and city counselors are just alike. There really very little that separates our judge/executives or mayors from one another.

Chances are we will elect the same people in office now. Any new people we get will be very similar to the ones that left office.
jong

Pineville, KY

#9 Jun 24, 2013
Going to take someone strong and smart to get the county and city back on track, some people need to to be gone, takes guts to go in and terminate the problems, but if they don't problems will carry on to the next administration, lots of silly salaries and positions at the city that need to be gotten rid off.
chris

Somerset, KY

#10 Jun 24, 2013
Why would the CJ care who runs? The more people who run, the more ad revenue it is for them.
chrh

Pineville, KY

#11 Jun 24, 2013
They care and you know why they care, its not ad revenue.
ToCanSam

Somerset, KY

#12 Jun 24, 2013
jong wrote:
Going to take someone strong and smart to get the county and city back on track, some people need to to be gone, takes guts to go in and terminate the problems, but if they don't problems will carry on to the next administration, lots of silly salaries and positions at the city that need to be gotten rid off.
The new salaries have probably added a half million dollars to an already inflated budget, the funny thing is, the ones that make to most, do the least, the managers do nothing at all, most don't work but two or three days a week and get paid a huge salary because of who they are or who they know.
chris

Somerset, KY

#13 Jun 24, 2013
chrh wrote:
They care and you know why they care, its not ad revenue.
Nope, we don't. PLease tell us!
jong

Pineville, KY

#14 Jun 24, 2013
ToCanSam wrote:
<quoted text>
The new salaries have probably added a half million dollars to an already inflated budget, the funny thing is, the ones that make to most, do the least, the managers do nothing at all, most don't work but two or three days a week and get paid a huge salary because of who they are or who they know.
There is no telling how much money has been added to city payroll in the last 4 years, more than they are willing to tell. So much dead weight and over inflated salaries its ridiculous, but the council allows it. Its on them and them only. They approve compensation and pay plan.
ToCanSam

Somerset, KY

#18 Jun 24, 2013
jong wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no telling how much money has been added to city payroll in the last 4 years, more than they are willing to tell. So much dead weight and over inflated salaries its ridiculous, but the council allows it. Its on them and them only. They approve compensation and pay plan.
The council does nothing at all either, they pass these raises to some of these guys and are as much to blame as the Mayor, so much for watching out for taxpayers money.
hayride

Somerset, KY

#19 Jun 24, 2013
Well, doesn't the city have a boatload of money? They just hired them a police chief, by the way.
stupidpeople

Pineville, KY

#24 Jun 24, 2013
Deserve what they get, countless lawsuits and policemen leaving,constant unrest within the department and your rewarded with a promotion, real smart council, i hope you don't end up regretting this.
Interesting

Murray, KY

#26 Jun 25, 2013
I think that it's time for a New Mayor, and City Counsel, because none of the do anything anyway except collect their Money, and the Magistrate is the same way. He doesn't do shit, just like the rest of them. TIME FOR CHANGE!
tim

Pineville, KY

#28 Jun 25, 2013
Watch man wrote:
<quoted text>Either one of those would set us back 12 years. Both were against alcohol sales of any kind. Against a smoking ban as well. Against basically anything the majority of voters were for. So why would anyone believe they deserve the top seat in our city. Get real.
Not true Rutherford voted against the smoking ban. Get your facts straight, no wonder people vote ignorant, cause they have no clue what goes on in local government. Keep up with it and maybe you can make a more intelligent choice next time. Minton was only against annexing places just so they can sell beer.
police

Somerset, KY

#29 Jun 25, 2013
Nelson's hiring is in the newspaper today.
police

Somerset, KY

#30 Jun 25, 2013
stupidpeople wrote:
Deserve what they get, countless lawsuits and policemen leaving,constant unrest within the department and your rewarded with a promotion, real smart council, i hope you don't end up regretting this.
Officers leave because they don't get paid. The cancer was cut out of the mess left behind by Larry Wesley and Larry Godby over the past few years with the purging of those jerks left behind and the department actually functions like a unit now. Don't know if that's all because of Nelson or not, but he's been the guy in charge. Why not make it official?
somerset

Pineville, KY

#31 Jun 25, 2013
No one leaves because of pay, they are throwing money at a problem they can't get rid of, at least not yet. Honeymoon stage will last about 1 month, then watch out at the policemens quick exit to another job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Burnside Mayor Ron Jones is at it again. 3 hr Copsarecrooks 4
how much does it cost too 'cam' out a truck? (Jan '11) 4 hr A mam 15
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr IND 151,934
Mike Harris stole county funds in the years he ... 4 hr Experience talks 28
Regina Harness 4 hr Jodie 5
Lake Cumberland Regional Hospital given a 1 sta... 4 hr Unsatisfied Customer 5
Why are there so many fat girls in Somerset 6 hr Chris 1

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance