LB Soup Kitchen to ReOpen

Posted in the Somerset Forum

Gina

Hazard, KY

#1 Jul 2, 2012
PRE GRAND OPENING!

Living Bread Soup Kitchen is EXCITED to announce our
PRE GRAND OPENING!

Saturday July 28th at our new location!!

2pm - 6pm

Come & enjoy a free lunch, good company and music with the house band!!
Everyone Welcome!!

New Location
21 East French Ave. Burnside KY.
Gina

United States

#2 Jul 4, 2012
We plan to also give out personal care items.
wanna know

Hazard, KY

#3 Jul 5, 2012
what items are they giveing out
Typical

Corbin, KY

#4 Jul 5, 2012
Is that the only reason you'd go? As long as they give you something for free? And you have the audacity to even ask what it will be so you can decide if it's worth your time to go? I'd be ashamed of myself. But that's just me. I was raised much better than that. Why don't you donate something to them like my house does instead of asking what you can get for nothing.
Gina

Hazard, KY

#5 Jul 5, 2012
Supporter's from Morehead KY are bringing the personal care items. They said they will have mens & womens deodorant's and think they can get sample size soap's & shampoo's. They said they hope to have more things like razors,etc, but not sure of anything else, yet.
PhD

Tazewell, VA

#6 Jul 5, 2012
Is this secular or in conjunction with a religious group?
Gina

United States

#7 Jul 5, 2012
PhD wrote:
Is this secular or in conjunction with a religious group?
The soup kitchen is not run by a church or religious group. It was started by a a few volunteers who care about helping the needy. Church's, businesses & individuals all support the kitchen. I myself, am a christian, but we have people who help from all walks of life. Everyone is welcome to come.For more info you can visit us at www.livingbreadsoupkitchen.webs.com
Thanks, Gina
Layla

Manchester, KY

#9 Jul 6, 2012
Gina wrote:
We plan to also give out personal care items.
What sort of personal care items do you give out? I have a bumch of shampoos, conditioners and lotions gathered from various hotels.
Gina

United States

#11 Jul 6, 2012
Layla wrote:
<quoted text>
What sort of personal care items do you give out? I have a bumch of shampoos, conditioners and lotions gathered from various hotels.
Any sort of items like you mentioned is great. Last year one of the local hotels here in Somerset was changing their color of wrapping & logo's so they donated boxes of the old soap's,shampoo's, shave cream,lotions'etc & it went like wildfire. Wipes are a great item too, well basicly anything we all use everyday would be appreciated.Blessings, Gina
watching

United States

#12 Jul 7, 2012
Good cause!
Gina

Hazard, KY

#13 Jul 13, 2012
We have a website where you can keep up with what we are doing, if you would like to visit it or contact us ..........

www.livingbreadsoupkitchen.webs.com
Gina

United States

#14 Jul 15, 2012
Bumpit
LBSK

Hazard, KY

#15 Jul 17, 2012
Menu

Hot Dogs

Baked Beans

Chips

Dessert

Soda / Bottled Water
LBSK

Hazard, KY

#16 Jul 24, 2012
Bumpit

Level 1

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#17 Jul 24, 2012
Wonderful. So glad it's reopening. I will try to get some things collected so I can bring them to donate.
LBSK

Hazard, KY

#18 Jul 25, 2012
Sugars12 wrote:
Wonderful. So glad it's reopening. I will try to get some things collected so I can bring them to donate.
Thanks God Bless
Gina

United States

#19 Jul 27, 2012
Please help spread the word about the Living Bread Soup Kitchen. We also would love to open a homeless Shelter, However We are in no way close to doing that, its just something thats in our hearts & we need all the prayers we can get to accomplish it. Just sharing in case anyone is interested. We would like to open a homeless shelter thats setup something like a hotel & have the soup kitchen there & continue to feed everyone, the people staying at the shelter as well as anyone who needs a free meal, wether they are homeless or just need a little help for the time being.Com e out Saturday & get to know us, you might decide you want to partner with us after you see what we do. We will start car washes in August to raise money. When we fundraise, we try to give back & not just take up donations so car washes are one good way to do that. We have washed many cars joyfully for free. Hope to see you Saturday!:)

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#20 Jul 27, 2012
Hope you guys do well -
Living Bread Soup Kitchen

United States

#21 Aug 7, 2012
93 served last dinner..........Next dinner grilled burgers August 25th

We will be having a car wash in front of Hobby Lobby ,next to Schlotzsky's August 18th

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you like big butts or small butts? (Sep '09) 9 min KenUNot 42
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 37 min Sir Valentine 12,321
Harbor freight coming to somerset? 1 hr BUY USA 5
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Sagan 147,197
Dancing with dogs 3 hr Know her games 24
Disability Lawyer 5 hr Dr Pepper 3
Chili house supposed to open next week (Aug '15) 5 hr Dr Pepper 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages