First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Starbright

London, KY

#43 Jan 19, 2013
pulaski wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey bike trails are important, a certain someone in county government is a bike person or should i say a member of her family is.
I guess it will be a good thing, anyone can use it and there are alot of people that do this for excerise or just a hobby to get away from the everyday hassles.

“smiling on a cloudy day”

Level 7

Since: Jan 09

Shakedown Street

#44 Jan 19, 2013
Told You So wrote:
Where are all our alcohol revenues? We have all kinds of places now serving and selling alcohol. I thought that alcohol was going to give us a much needed injection to our economy. A lot of folks voted for alcohol for 3 things: restaurants, jobs and fees/tax revenue. I still remember when the Lottery funds were supposed to pay for our public education.
No, that's silly. The only reason for the alcohol vote was so us alcoholics could get our drink on easier.

=D
pulaski

Pineville, KY

#45 Jan 21, 2013
Okay Girdler first said their was 935,000 short at EMS, then went to a meeting and said he was taking their payroll tax, then a hour later he told paper he wasn't, then in a city council meeting , they said they were giving county till March 1st, to pony up some money. OKay which is it? I know for a fact that the EMS was profitable for years and years and they had a lot of money in the bank at one time a few years ago. So where is all that money? I got a idea, how about cutting back some on these new cars, trucks and all the extra's that are given, they are wasting millions at city hall and council doesn't seem to give a flip about it.
Starbright

London, KY

#46 Jan 21, 2013
pulaski wrote:
Okay Girdler first said their was 935,000 short at EMS, then went to a meeting and said he was taking their payroll tax, then a hour later he told paper he wasn't, then in a city council meeting , they said they were giving county till March 1st, to pony up some money. OKay which is it? I know for a fact that the EMS was profitable for years and years and they had a lot of money in the bank at one time a few years ago. So where is all that money? I got a idea, how about cutting back some on these new cars, trucks and all the extra's that are given, they are wasting millions at city hall and council doesn't seem to give a flip about it.
Council have no idea what is spent, where it is spent or who/what it is spent on.
gonzo

United States

#47 Jan 21, 2013
pulaski wrote:
Go before the council with your much needed information and share!!!
bobbi

Pineville, KY

#48 Jan 22, 2013
pulaski wrote:
you do not understand. not payroll, but occupational tax. no increase to anyone. merely collecting a percentage of tax already collected.. period. research info before you make ignorant statements. the county owes it they should pay it. it is their agreement {public info} the city is not responsible. the county is to provide ems service or contract it per state law,,and pay for it. quit whining.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Easiest married woman 9 min LOCAL MAN 10
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 48 min Paul 169,024
Missy Poo 2 hr Bonnie and Clyde 4
Adult fun 2 hr John whang 13
Dunkin Donuts 2 hr John whang 12
1970s Scotties Restaurant! (Jun '09) 2 hr John whang 244
John Wang Okay Since Last Night 2 hr John whang 10

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages