City wanting payroll tax
pulaski gal

Gray, KY

#22 Jan 11, 2013
Ems gets called to checks blood pressure then person said okay thank you for checking it. The person then stays home. Or a person falls no injury just need help getting up. Insuance company may refuse to pay this bill? Could this be part of the problem? Not talking about people who really need ems for injuries and medical issue.

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#23 Jan 11, 2013
pulaski gal wrote:
Ems gets called to checks blood pressure then person said okay thank you for checking it. The person then stays home. Or a person falls no injury just need help getting up. Insuance company may refuse to pay this bill? Could this be part of the problem? Not talking about people who really need ems for injuries and medical issue.
Been on a few of those runs - Aggravating , costly , time consuming , but , what if someone didn't respond and the situation turned critical ?-
whatever

Pineville, KY

#24 Jan 11, 2013
In the paper on Tuesday he says the city needs more money for EMS and then the very next day its in the paper to build a new city hall for 8.5 million. Did anyone else notice this? He is a bully, today in the paper even though he told county officials they are going to pony up and the city is taking over occupational tax money, a hour later he tells the paper he isn't, so which is it? You people that praise this guy will eat your words once he is out of office, cause our kids will pay for his antics in the future.
pulaski gal

Gray, KY

#25 Jan 11, 2013
I agree with you better safe than sorry. Like the guy in lexington jail telling the staff he was having chest pain and because blood pressure was normal reading didn't get sent to er. guy found dead in cell a couple hours later.
jujube

London, KY

#26 Jan 12, 2013
Who said anything about EMS NOT responding to calls? EMS does a fine job of responding. The issue is COLLECTION, according to the Mayor. I've never received a service I haven't had to pay for. EMS may already do this but if non-transport calls are a problem - set a base charge for response and collect.
Why should I pay my EMS bill (if I need services), the welfare recipient's bill and my occupational tax dollars paying whoever's bill?
I think he's using EMS as a ruse to justify moving on the occupational tax.
pulaski gal

Gray, KY

#27 Jan 12, 2013
Ems does a great job. All first response people have been doing great job helping anyone in need. Just saying this might be one reason for short fall in collection money not anything bad about ems.
Starbrite

Liberty, KY

#28 Jan 13, 2013
I must agree EMS does a good job. I wish the fire dept would merge with them. There are 7-8 Somerset firemen on duty 24-7, but yet they refuse to take ems calls like larger cities.

As for the mayor, he lies continually. Why did he pay the acting fire chief 26K in overtime illegally, most of it out of the city?

“We Are Family”

Level 8

Since: Aug 12

Here, There and Everywhere!

#29 Jan 16, 2013
Eddie says one thing and then backtracks the next day. Who's pulling his strings and making him dance?
Westwood

London, KY

#30 Jan 16, 2013
BigDaddyandGang wrote:
Eddie says one thing and then backtracks the next day. Who's pulling his strings and making him dance?
Isn't that what happens when someone doesn't think things through or either spouts off and finds out later it can't be done? He may have gotten his little paws slapped by someone (maybe in Frankfort).
Westwood

London, KY

#31 Jan 16, 2013
BigDaddyandGang wrote:
That's what happens when someone shoots off his mouth without thinking or either spouts off about something he knows nothing about.

Maybe he found out from someone (in Frankfort) he can't just arbitrarily do this.
pulaski gal

Gray, KY

#32 Jan 16, 2013
Does the Pulaski co ambulance distict have the right to tax like the library?
TRAVEL

Pineville, KY

#33 Jan 16, 2013
IT's not about money it's about Power and EDDIE is trying to get all he can. They use to say JP was like a little Hitler but would rather have him anyday over a Hypocrite.
Starbright

Harrison, AR

#34 Jan 16, 2013
Eddie was supposed to come in and clean the mess up at city hall and has only made it worse, every friday is a holiday, try calling up there some time or try getting ahold of some the top brass, you will find no one is ever around or will even call you back.
bobbi

Pineville, KY

#36 Jan 16, 2013
Voter2 wrote:
Rich city vs. poor county!
Well it finally has happened. Mayor Eddie Girdler has made public he wants city coffers to have payroll tax from county.
This has been his goal from day one. He and his city attorney have been planning this, although it will make Pulaski County a poor county and the city a rich city.
He already has the water and gas monopoly, along with lcohol sales, EMS and many other revenues. Why doesn't he give the EMS to the county if it is such a burden? Girdler and his few followers don't care about citizens in the county. That is why county services are so high compared to city taxpayers (who he continually reduces taxes at the costs of county residents).
Shame on you Eddie. Just like the days when you were deputy judge and caused the state to come in and take over county finances.
People are getting wise to you.
secret the county owns ems. the city is an administrator only. by contract, the county pays for ems service. the county is to pay for any deficit the city gets while overseeing this. the county owes the city alot of money. occupational tax is used for this. they owe it and the county knows they owe it. the county wants city to take over ems, but the county is required to own it. the county contracted the city to oversee it, and now, for 2 years the county has not met its obligation.
bobbi

Pineville, KY

#37 Jan 16, 2013
Starbrite wrote:
I must agree EMS does a good job. I wish the fire dept would merge with them. There are 7-8 Somerset firemen on duty 24-7, but yet they refuse to take ems calls like larger cities.
As for the mayor, he lies continually. Why did he pay the acting fire chief 26K in overtime illegally, most of it out of the city?
prove it. you cant so why spread garbage
bobbi

Pineville, KY

#38 Jan 16, 2013
Voter2 wrote:
Rich city vs. poor county!
Well it finally has happened. Mayor Eddie Girdler has made public he wants city coffers to have payroll tax from county.
This has been his goal from day one. He and his city attorney have been planning this, although it will make Pulaski County a poor county and the city a rich city.
He already has the water and gas monopoly, along with lcohol sales, EMS and many other revenues. Why doesn't he give the EMS to the county if it is such a burden? Girdler and his few followers don't care about citizens in the county. That is why county services are so high compared to city taxpayers (who he continually reduces taxes at the costs of county residents).
Shame on you Eddie. Just like the days when you were deputy judge and caused the state to come in and take over county finances.
People are getting wise to you.
quit whining and move to the city........
Feeler

East Bernstadt, KY

#39 Jan 16, 2013
Eddie just threw out a little "feeler". Smart move !
pulaski

Pineville, KY

#40 Jan 18, 2013
Starbright wrote:
You mean the County is broke, but there is enough money to build bike trails, now that the way to throw money around when you are broke, why didn't the County ask the City for help on these trails. Ha
Hey bike trails are important, a certain someone in county government is a bike person or should i say a member of her family is.
pulaski

Pineville, KY

#41 Jan 18, 2013
You dumb butts that voted for him bought into his crap, one day he is saying there is no money for EMS, next day in the paper they are building a 8 and a half million dollar city hall,(its not a freaking energy hub) its a city hall. Which is it, city broke or not? I heard in the meeting with county officials he says he is taking the tax money and then a hour later he tells the paper he isn't. I have a question? Why wasn't someone from the paper in this meeting reporting on this>? I know because someone at the paper is too close to Mr Girdler, that's why they stay out of his way and never look into or question anything he does.
Told You So

Mount Vernon, KY

#42 Jan 18, 2013
Where are all our alcohol revenues? We have all kinds of places now serving and selling alcohol. I thought that alcohol was going to give us a much needed injection to our economy. A lot of folks voted for alcohol for 3 things: restaurants, jobs and fees/tax revenue. I still remember when the Lottery funds were supposed to pay for our public education.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 1 hr Dickens1 31,905
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr yabadabado 148,848
AKC Registered White German Shepard Pups For Sale (Apr '09) 3 hr Over your head 45
ugn 3 hr Ollie 4
the music thread (Jan '12) 7 hr Musikologist 549
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 8 hr Hatti_Hollerand 12,545
Liberals 8 hr username 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages