|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Rich city vs. poor county!

Well it finally has happened. Mayor Eddie Girdler has made public he wants city coffers to have payroll tax from county.

This has been his goal from day one. He and his city attorney have been planning this, although it will make Pulaski County a poor county and the city a rich city.

He already has the water and gas monopoly, along with lcohol sales, EMS and many other revenues. Why doesn't he give the EMS to the county if it is such a burden? Girdler and his few followers don't care about citizens in the county. That is why county services are so high compared to city taxpayers (who he continually reduces taxes at the costs of county residents).

Shame on you Eddie. Just like the days when you were deputy judge and caused the state to come in and take over county finances.

People are getting wise to you.
Tax and spend

Huntsville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

There is a lot of money to be make off them factory workers in north Pulaski. Eddie must be kin to Obama.

Since: Jul 11

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

just relocated to somerset, the cost of living is substantially higher, dont need more taxes

“Statism is slavery”

Since: Jan 13

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

If we elected jobs-minded individuals (e.g., anti-tax and pro-free market individuals) then we wouldn't have high taxes nor high spending.

But we keep electing those we know personally or are entrenched in local politics. We have no one to blame but ourselves for the messes we're in.

Record over rhetoric.
Starbright

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Maybe Ed needs some extra money to throw around, Maybe he has some projects he wants to do or maybe the City is flat broke.
Starbrite

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Who really cares? Politicians are going to do whatever they want and the people will go along with it. County residents get ready to pay more to the city with less services from your county government (which is not much of a change).

EMS

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

I think this really will hurt the EMS for the county. It is a shame that the county judge and magistrates have just sat around and let Eddie take over like he has. Eddies just works harder and stays with it. He has a plan.

While the county builds fountain square and a few bike trails.... Eddie builds a empire around them. He has already drawn the circle around them with the annexation of the state roads. Now just bring water, sewer, gas to these areas and watch it grow.
Starbright

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

You mean the County is broke, but there is enough money to build bike trails, now that the way to throw money around when you are broke, why didn't the County ask the City for help on these trails. Ha
Johnniewalker

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Starbright wrote:
You mean the County is broke, but there is enough money to build bike trails, now that the way to throw money around when you are broke, why didn't the County ask the City for help on these trails. Ha
Did you complain when the walking tracks were built at Rocky Hollow?
Why isn't Gridler using the alcohol money for EMS?
Maybe the county could vote to go wet.
Sorry,but...

Science Hill, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

KennyKelly3 wrote:
If we elected jobs-minded individuals (e.g., anti-tax and pro-free market individuals) then we wouldn't have high taxes nor high spending.

But we keep electing those we know personally or are entrenched in local politics. We have no one to blame but ourselves for the messes we're in.

Record over rhetoric.
Amen
Sorry,but...

Science Hill, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Can anybody say....Metro Government.
The ground work was being laid years ago, and it's almost complete. Take payroll tax away from the county, the county won't be able to afford to provide services. Them Somerset will step in and offer to fix everything because they can afford to..

Gotta say tho , after the last year I'm not sure this would be a bad thing.
Starbrite

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

I have absolutely no problem with merged government. It would save millions of duplicated dollars involving our small incorperated cities and county government costs.
pulaski gal

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

what would happen to eubank?
Starbrite

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

pulaski gal wrote:
what would happen to eubank?
Same thing with Burnside, Ferguson and Science Hill. All services merged into one government, doing away with duplicate services and so much wasted money.
pulaski gal

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Eubank city limits is in pulaski and lincoln. Would the people have to vote to be all in one county?
Maybe

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Could the county have spent the money they are spending on the square to pay the EMS ??
Amos

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Maybe wrote:
Could the county have spent the money they are spending on the square to pay the EMS ??
ONCE AGAIN AND HOPEFULLY FOR THE LAST TIME:
NO
NO
NO
NO
What About

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

What about any matching funds ? Could they have not agreed to do the square and then use the matching fund to pay bills ? Or were there no matching funds ??
jujube

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

I'm having a hard time understanding Girdler's statement from the last two articles in the CWJ about the City's budget:

"The problem is in the funding, Girdler said. Girdler said changes in reimbursement regulations for Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance has kept EMS from being able to collect on those bills fully from coverage providers. That leaves the remainder in the hands of the private customer, many of whom canít or wonít pay their accounts."

EMS should be a moneymaker. Period. Sounds to me like someone should be focusing on solving the collection problem rather than taking tax-payer money to throw at it.
just me

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

oh mercy, i already have more people getting my money before i get it than i have getting my money while i hand it out to pay bills. The only person who doesn't get any of my money is me WTF!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of46
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

86 Users are viewing the Somerset Forum right now

Search the Somerset Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 min Libertarian 122,655
Education & Religious fundamentalism 26 min Maybe 2
cuts and bottom of your feet split open (Dec '11) 57 min pitbullie 23
Stupid people and Fox 1 hr pitbullie 19
Are you a Republican or a Democrat? 1 hr Conservative Democrat 25
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 1 hr WIT2 10,041
Girdler worried/ Barty worried 1 hr Stan 37
Todd Wood - Why the Hate? 7 hr Stan 93
•••
•••
•••
•••

Somerset Jobs