What will REALLY happen if Somersert ...
manfromthewest

Somerset, KY

#126 Jun 18, 2012
Westwood wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know for a fact that any church is doing this? Care to let us in on which one(s)?
just look in the lawns of the churches and members. that NO stands out like a sore thumb and sometimes bigger signs. i avoid those churches when i attend. i dont want my tith going to champion such evil causes as suppressing human rights and moral legislation.. it is just not right to use Gods money for such things...
Westwood

Clarkson, KY

#127 Jun 18, 2012
manfromthewest wrote:
<quoted text>
just look in the lawns of the churches and members. that NO stands out like a sore thumb and sometimes bigger signs. i avoid those churches when i attend. i dont want my tith going to champion such evil causes as suppressing human rights and moral legislation.. it is just not right to use Gods money for such things...
So did they take up "keep it dry donations"? That's what I was asking. I know West Somerset Baptist is plastered with signs but I'm wondering if they took up donations specifically to pay for those signs. It's their prerogative but it sure looks like a black eye.
Harley44

London, KY

#128 Jun 18, 2012
manfromthewest wrote:
<quoted text>
What about my family's human rights. I thought we could vote and the majority wins? You are selfish.
hypocrit

Harrison, AR

#129 Jun 18, 2012
"i avoid those churches when i attend." Yeah, right. Tell me about the wheat and the tares please.
manfromthewest

Somerset, KY

#130 Jun 18, 2012
yes we will abide with how the vote goes.. wet or dry. i wont drink alcohol either way. i just defend freedom of choice....and i meant i do not attend radical churches that misuse the tithe
manfromthewest

Somerset, KY

#131 Jun 18, 2012
and i dont see my stand for freedom of choice being selfish.... it is why our founding fathers founded our country in first place.

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#132 Jun 18, 2012
Westwood wrote:
<quoted text>
So did they take up "keep it dry donations"? That's what I was asking. I know West Somerset Baptist is plastered with signs but I'm wondering if they took up donations specifically to pay for those signs. It's their prerogative but it sure looks like a black eye.
Don't know about churches takin' donations , but , I venture to bet that a few preachers will have plenty of spendin' cash for the next two weeks -

Level 8

Location hidden

#133 Jun 18, 2012
After seeing all the kids pictures on some signs on church property , makes one wonder why would any real church wanna use kids to intimidate others ,- I thunked that some catholic clergy were the only ones that liked to manipulate kids - Before you start bashing me for that comment , check out how many cases of abuse were settled by the pope -
Use Your Brain

Whitley City, KY

#134 Jun 18, 2012
Think again wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw one very sarcastic post about streets of gold at the start of this thread. That post just goes to show the means the vote yes campaign have no problem stooping to.
Holy crap,you should think before you speak. That guy was CLEARLY a "NO" voter being sarcastic about the "promises" that will happen if the vote passes.
KY lover

Somerset, KY

#135 Jun 18, 2012
Liquor stores from surrounding areas are donating huge amounts of money to the dry forces . Are they feeling threatened a bit ? Um , yeah . Somerset is the largest city in KY that is still dry ! Maybe the are threatened because they know how much money we spend on alcohol in other cities ! If we vote no, shame on Somerset . Keep our dollars here . And yes, the churches that are publicly voicing their irrational "no" opinions are asking for special donations . Been to one of those "no" rallys ? I have .. Vote yes for somersets sake
Westwood

Clarkson, KY

#136 Jun 19, 2012
KY lover wrote:
---Liquor stores from surrounding areas are donating huge amounts of money to the dry forces .
Nope, not true.

Level 8

Location hidden

#137 Jun 19, 2012
Westwood wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, not true.
No possible way of documenting that but I bet some future televangelist is gettin' it under the altar - Of course no one expects that person to tell the gospel truth and admit it -
manfromthewest

Somerset, KY

#138 Jun 19, 2012
that is so true KIA ... when churches get into emotionalism and passion for a project they think they can break all rules to reach their goal. that i believe is more sinful than the beer
scorpionn8tive

London, KY

#139 Jun 19, 2012
If the city goes wet and Somerset does have new restarunts come...Applebees, Red Lobster etc...I wonder how many of the DRY/NO crowd will be the first in line after church to get their glut on?
Hate on

Harrison, AR

#140 Jun 19, 2012
Its cool. Hate on people. In one week I will be casting my "NO" vote and there is not one single thing anyone can say to change my mind. When this whole election is over, and Somerset stays dry, you haters can hide from the wrath of those horrid Christians that send panic and fear into the essence of your souls. As for me, my booze will still come from local 'non-traditional' outlets and I won't give a care where yours is from.
manfromthewest

Somerset, KY

#141 Jun 19, 2012
well if you read each word posted you will see the hate and the bitterness and name calling is comeing from the drys. only logic is on the wet side. emotionalism against logic.. . many will vote on passion and radical desire to control everyone.. and they might win again with irrational emotional fear of the world around us. whatever the outcome somerset will survive.. we will continue to survive or if we vote yes. we will progress forward in the world like most of the civilized world has done. either way the drinkers will drink and tee totlers will thump their chests in triumpth like other cavemen do.. maybe someday prohibition will end here too.

“smiling on a cloudy day”

Level 7

Since: Jan 09

Shakedown Street

#142 Jun 19, 2012
Hate on wrote:
Its cool. Hate on people. In one week I will be casting my "NO" vote and there is not one single thing anyone can say to change my mind. When this whole election is over, and Somerset stays dry, you haters can hide from the wrath of those horrid Christians that send panic and fear into the essence of your souls. As for me, my booze will still come from local 'non-traditional' outlets and I won't give a care where yours is from.
You can't vote in the upcoming election. Don't lie.

Buying off bootleggers, that is really something to brag about! This is your dry crowd folks!
Hate on

Harrison, AR

#143 Jun 19, 2012
What part of I don't give a care don't you get BM? Still bucking to be the chief spokesperson aren't you. Spare your words with me man. Come out to the polls and watch me vote and I will personally show you how your voice is null and void in MY election not yours. Rally your kids for a county vote and maybe, just maybe, you can wear the feathers of a real pow wow leader.
squidboy

Clarkson, KY

#144 Jun 19, 2012
This place sucks regardless if it goes wet. Bunch of bible thumpin idiots run this community and whatever way they see fit is the way they will have it. Another waste of friggin time, why bother.
just me

Louisville, KY

#145 Jun 19, 2012
VOTE NO!!!!! For the sake of my 5 children.
IF voted wet my children will have to do with
out, For it will cost me around 4 grand aweek
in lost in sells.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 16 min Ricky F 35,151
Dont pull over for a funeral 1 hr think about it 6
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 1 hr Princess Hey 13,130
scottie polson (Dec '08) 3 hr walker 9
Rules of dating a outlaw (May '10) 6 hr FiddleDeeDee 26
Post songs/music links here for your favorite L... (Jan '13) 8 hr FiddleDeeDee 34
short hair blonde hitchhiker 8 hr FiddleDeeDee 9

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages