lake cumberland regional hospital
concerned

Stearns, KY

#71 Oct 28, 2012
long friend of the family wrote:
<quoted text>i toke my handicapped daughter in on friday afternoon, she had surgery on sat, she game home on tuesday, i toke her back by ems on wednesday night, the whole side of her face, her leg and her face is swelled so bad, she cant open her eye, her lips have swelled so bad they are bursted open, when i called the hospital tonight and ask them if that could be a side affect of the medicine, i was told to call the drug store and ask them, i will be calling a lawyer monday morning,these doctors do not care about anyone, these hospital better pray that nothing happens to my daughter, burn the hospital to the ground or get new doctors.
People calling lawyers is the very reason that medical advice is not given over the phone. Nursing staff are told to advise you to call family dr if not serious and if truly concerned to come to ER to be re-evaluated. Simple questions about general care can be answered but no advice given other that what I mentioned. It is not safe to advise someone over the phone without being able to examine or see the patient involved. If you are truly concerned, I would advise seeing a dr ASAP as a lawyer will probably not make her feel much better. It sounds like she needs to be seen pretty soon!
Vote Gary Johnson

Esperance, NY

#72 Oct 29, 2012
dora wrote:
<quoted text>
LCRH isn't buying anything. They are themselves owned by lifepoint industries, which could quite possibly be buying out another hospital. They own many. I think they are based in Nashville, but I'm not sure about that.
So if we have the second worst life expectancy in the nation largely due to poor lifestyles choices, then probably those people are going to need a lot of health care services which seems would be somewhat profitable for a corporation who, let's say, is in the business of health care.
I guess my wording was poorly conveying the point. LCRH is the flagship of lifepoint. It's the most profitable in its chain of 8 hospitals as of about 5 years ago and is expanding most recently with Westlake. The 5th district is one of the poorest. How do you get the most profit from the poorest people?
hmmmm, let us see

Liberty, KY

#73 Oct 29, 2012
My guess would be Medicaid. Majority have it and are not afraid to use it.
Who else can afford an ER visit because they ran out of Tylenol and need an RX? Or simply cause they need a work/school excuse? Or, my favorite and most common ,they need a pregnancy test?

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#74 Oct 29, 2012
Never p'off the ones controllin' your ventilator -
Really

Stearns, KY

#80 Dec 11, 2012
Well, glad it wasn't totally fatal since you are here. Perhaps if you took your complaints to proper channels and not a public forum known for its rumors and lies?
If your mother was there saving your life, why Didnt she take your child too?
If you were unconscious, why was anyone screaming at you to begin with?
Maybe your door was closed for privacy? I'm sure if you were injured that badly, that your clothes were cut off and you were on a back board naked.
I agree, it needs looked into. On both sides.
Pitbullie

Versailles, KY

#81 Dec 11, 2012
I have health insurance. I was near death when I went there. The sadistic DR didn't listen to a mumbling word, just kept accusing me of drug seeking over and over ad nauseam, even after I told told him I wasn't after a precription again and again.

He left bruises on me doing an "examination" and missed the obvious problem.

GET outta town!!! If you can, go to Vanderbilt.
bigdaddy wrote:
if you can do not go to lcrh they are the worst death factory in this country. recently my wife was there in extreme pain, she was bent over double crying and throwing up. the retarded nurses and doctors told her to grow up that she wontr get any pain pills. she dont take pain pills we just had a baby and all she took at home after giving birth was tylenol. i think they should burn this dump to the ground with the nurses and doctors in it. this town would be better off without any health care than the trash dump they have!!!!!!!!!!
Izusa

Pineville, KY

#83 Dec 16, 2012
actually wrote:
<quoted text>actually this hospital is too high caliber and sophisticated for the type of low class, dumb southerm people in this area.
Is that why a cna could not even get her vital sign machine to work?
Farmer

Racine, OH

#84 Dec 19, 2012
Izusa wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that why a cna could not even get her vital sign machine to work?
Yeah, they don't even seem to know how to use a blood pressure cuff anymore.
Yiago

Harrison, AR

#88 Mar 2, 2013
long friend of the family wrote:
<quoted text>i toke my handicapped daughter in on friday afternoon, she had surgery on sat, she game home on tuesday, i toke her back by ems on wednesday night, the whole side of her face, her leg and her face is swelled so bad, she cant open her eye, her lips have swelled so bad they are bursted open, when i called the hospital tonight and ask them if that could be a side affect of the medicine, i was told to call the drug store and ask them, i will be calling a lawyer monday morning,these doctors do not care about anyone, these hospital better pray that nothing happens to my daughter, burn the hospital to the ground or get new doctors.
thats because clinical people (that means the nurses) aren't allowed to give out information like that. Go ahead, call your lawyer, they'll tell you the same thing.
Yiago

Harrison, AR

#89 Mar 2, 2013
Bogus wrote:
Lake Cumberland Regional Hospital is the cause of at least 2 deaths in my family. If you don't have a death wish, Your best bet would be to drive the extra hour up to Lexington.
At least 2? There are more? Sounds suspicious - you might should get your story straight before you go posting.
youu

Somerset, KY

#91 Mar 9, 2013
Lots of hot skanky nurses there
shera

Pineville, KY

#92 Mar 9, 2013
EVERY TIME I WENT THERE, THOSE IDIOTS KEPT TESTING ME FOR COCAINE. NEVER DONE DRUGS IN MY LIFE, i WENT TO ANOTHER HOSPITAL AND THEY GAVE ME THE CORRECT DIAGNOSIS AND CURED ME. THAT HOSPITAL IS A JOKE.
honestly sam

AOL

#93 Mar 9, 2013
LCRH is the lowest on my list, they just plain do not care.
my family has personel problems with LCRH, and it sure is not from wanting pain pills.
we need a good county hospital.

Level 2

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#94 Mar 9, 2013
Man, did I make a mistake moving to this area! Just so you know, when I was much younger I incured an injury to my right shoulder from a motorcycle accident. I was stupid, and didn't get it looked at, at the time, and over the years, about once or twice a year it likes to give me fits of extreme pain, and sometimes it just makes my whole arm fall down to my side, totally useless. My previous doctor of 20+ years always treated it with one shot of Cortizone into the shoulder followed by ultra-sound. I explained this to the doctor/nurse at LCRH when it acted up recently, and she said "OH NO we can't do that, that's a drug we're not allowed to use"! So all they did was take a 50 X-Rays (money maker for them), and gave me a prescription for Naproxen 550mg horse pills! For those of you who don't know, Naproxen makes your stomach bleed, and you start crapping blood! You people are stupid to even be thinking of going to that Hospital, those imbecile idiots that work there have something against prescribing the proper drugs, and using the proper techniques to treat patients!!! If you have a serious "life threatening" injury, plan on dieing if you go there! They will not save you, and you'll have to be flown to LEX to get treatment, and that extra time it takes to get there could be the difference between life and death!! I had a nurse tell me they were afraid of being "AUDITED" she called it, by some kind of Authorities having something to do with high-powered drugs, like DEA or something. My advice is DO NOT GO THERE FOR ANYTHING, AND DO ALL YOU CAN DO TO GET ANOTHER HOSPITAL OR CLINIC IN THIS AREA..........
obic

Corbin, KY

#95 Mar 9, 2013
bigdaddy wrote:
if you can do not go to lcrh they are the worst death factory in this country. recently my wife was there in extreme pain, she was bent over double crying and throwing up. the retarded nurses and doctors told her to grow up that she wontr get any pain pills. she dont take pain pills we just had a baby and all she took at home after giving birth was tylenol. i think they should burn this dump to the ground with the nurses and doctors in it. this town would be better off without any health care than the trash dump they have!!!!!!!!!!
I will never go back or my family .

Level 1

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#96 Mar 9, 2013
metusmetu wrote:
Man, did I make a mistake moving to this area! Just so you know, when I was much younger I incured an injury to my right shoulder from a motorcycle accident. I was stupid, and didn't get it looked at, at the time, and over the years, about once or twice a year it likes to give me fits of extreme pain, and sometimes it just makes my whole arm fall down to my side, totally useless. My previous doctor of 20+ years always treated it with one shot of Cortizone into the shoulder followed by ultra-sound. I explained this to the doctor/nurse at LCRH when it acted up recently, and she said "OH NO we can't do that, that's a drug we're not allowed to use"! So all they did was take a 50 X-Rays (money maker for them), and gave me a prescription for Naproxen 550mg horse pills! For those of you who don't know, Naproxen makes your stomach bleed, and you start crapping blood! You people are stupid to even be thinking of going to that Hospital, those imbecile idiots that work there have something against prescribing the proper drugs, and using the proper techniques to treat patients!!! If you have a serious "life threatening" injury, plan on dieing if you go there! They will not save you, and you'll have to be flown to LEX to get treatment, and that extra time it takes to get there could be the difference between life and death!! I had a nurse tell me they were afraid of being "AUDITED" she called it, by some kind of Authorities having something to do with high-powered drugs, like DEA or something. My advice is DO NOT GO THERE FOR ANYTHING, AND DO ALL YOU CAN DO TO GET ANOTHER HOSPITAL OR CLINIC IN THIS AREA..........
I take two high dose Naproxen a day. I can assure you I don't crap blood! I've been taking this for over two years with no problems. Where did you hear that? Just curious

Level 1

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#97 Mar 9, 2013
All meds have side effects, also I've been to the ER multiple times and they've never refused to give me the treatment I need. The only thing I can say is that it's all in how you carry yourself. I've never given them a reason to see me as a drug seeker so they've never seen me as such. Also they will give you pain meds if they think you need them. However if you beg for them they're going to see you as a drug seeker. Kasper is a complicated law and they need to have good reason and be able to prove it in order to give you pain meds. Not just because you say you need them.
Retired

Racine, OH

#98 Mar 10, 2013
i know wrote:
the dr.gets paid with every referral..
idiot, that's not how it works
peggy

Brownsville, TN

#99 Mar 10, 2013
I don't go to LCRH unless I have to and yes I've had to , I went in with severe pain in my left side of my tummy n it felt like I was having a heart attack . They told me it was gas , so after working in healthcare I knew something was wrong it wasn't gas I drove myself to UK hospital and they admitted me , I was there for 8 days almost died . Many people told me I had a lawsuit ,. I went there a month ago with same syptoms n they told me nothing was wrong , but they left the iv in my ARM and chased me down at home saying they had to have it back , well the dumb a*** is the ones that left it in . Million to one a new hospital
I see ill equipped liars

Brownsville, TN

#100 Mar 10, 2013
You worked in the health care field but you call it a 'tummy','n' you felt like you were having a heart attack? Then you leave the hospital with an I.V. still in your 'arm'? What were you while you were in the health care field, a dietary aide? Roflmbo! That comment was so easy to see through that it wasn't even any fun, hehe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hookers in Somerset (Jul '11) 52 min peter and paul 53
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr another viewer 148,330
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 2 hr gladthelakeisback 31,546
This or That? (May '11) 2 hr Princess Hey 2,164
Clinton can't stand up to trump. 3 hr Googleverse 9
Melissa 3 hr Bonnie and Clyde 6
Word Association (Feb '09) 4 hr Isabella Fireray 12,250
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages