First Prev
of 7
Next Last
bigdaddy

Somerset, KY

#1 Mar 26, 2011
if you can do not go to lcrh they are the worst death factory in this country. recently my wife was there in extreme pain, she was bent over double crying and throwing up. the retarded nurses and doctors told her to grow up that she wontr get any pain pills. she dont take pain pills we just had a baby and all she took at home after giving birth was tylenol. i think they should burn this dump to the ground with the nurses and doctors in it. this town would be better off without any health care than the trash dump they have!!!!!!!!!!
joe

London, KY

#2 Mar 26, 2011
i totally agree. and why shouldnt a person with no health insurance get the same quality of treatment as a person who is insured.i took my wife to somerset lcrh after a falling accident .the service there was less than adequate. because while she (is) disabled she doesnt get a medical card for another 6 mos. they handed her a list o past due bills in the e.r.(some of them were dated 15 years old )the rest had been discharged in bankruptcy 5 years ago, AND SAID SHE NEEDED TO PAY THEM ASAP THEYRE ALL IDIOTS
Tough Love

Corbin, KY

#3 Mar 26, 2011
joe wrote:
i totally agree. and why shouldnt a person with no health insurance get the same quality of treatment as a person who is insured.i took my wife to somerset lcrh after a falling accident .the service there was less than adequate. because while she (is) disabled she doesnt get a medical card for another 6 mos. they handed her a list o past due bills in the e.r.(some of them were dated 15 years old )the rest had been discharged in bankruptcy 5 years ago, AND SAID SHE NEEDED TO PAY THEM ASAP THEYRE ALL IDIOTS
This is exactly why our health insurance rates are skyrocketing. People use the ER, do not pay their bills and consequently the hospital has to increase their rates for procedures and services. By law you have the right to do that -- use the hospital and let the rest of us pay your bills. However, don't expect the hospital or the rest of us who pay our bills to have any sympathy.
Tucker

Corbin, KY

#4 Mar 26, 2011
joe wrote:
i totally agree. and why shouldnt a person with no health insurance get the same quality of treatment as a person who is insured.i took my wife to somerset lcrh after a falling accident .the service there was less than adequate. because while she (is) disabled she doesnt get a medical card for another 6 mos. they handed her a list o past due bills in the e.r.(some of them were dated 15 years old )the rest had been discharged in bankruptcy 5 years ago, AND SAID SHE NEEDED TO PAY THEM ASAP THEYRE ALL IDIOTS
If you owned a restaurant and someone came in and ate for years and never paid would you continue to serve them?

A local banker that I do business with commented several years ago that a lot of people in Pulaski County did nothing more than collect a check and waste good air. I thought that was rather harsh at the time but I am beginning to understand what he was talking about.

You, sir, are one of the dredges of society.
gradeall

Big Creek, KY

#5 Mar 26, 2011
i worke at that hospital 8 yrs, was disgusted with it, have actually seen people die because of lack of care that was readily available,just no one cares, doctors will tell nurses"i dont care if they die, dont bother me at home"the er should be shut down immedietly, the staff is so burned out and incompassionate, you would be better going to the amish,3rd and fourth floor nurses have so many pts your lucky if you see them once a day.but they dont care, they tell pts they cant help them during change of shift,even if it means decicating on yourself, npt the way its supposed to be,st jo in london is so far ahead of the hopsital.as a worker ther, i could pay cash for a teast at a dr office than i payed with insurance as an employee, it was close to 4 times as much.this hopsital has one objective,make money and lots of it, maintaing the welfare and dignity of the pt is far from priority. i cut myself very deep with an axe, instead of going to that er and being treated like a dog, i sewed it up with a needle and thread,4 stitches. ill never go back by my own free will.
bigdaddy

Somerset, KY

#6 Mar 26, 2011
Tough Love wrote:
<quoted text>
This is exactly why our health insurance rates are skyrocketing. People use the ER, do not pay their bills and consequently the hospital has to increase their rates for procedures and services. By law you have the right to do that -- use the hospital and let the rest of us pay your bills. However, don't expect the hospital or the rest of us who pay our bills to have any sympathy.
we have ins and darn good ins too. my wife and i both dont go to doctors unless we absolutly have to. we dont owe anyone anything we both work dang hard for what we have, but i dont care if you heve work ins or a medical card you deserve to be treated the same as any other human being. this town needs a good hospital and shut this rat trap down for good. oh and none of the retards working at lcrh should be allowed to work at the new hospital. shut lcrh down for good save a life get rid of lake cumberland regional hospital!!!
Liar

Somerset, KY

#7 Mar 26, 2011
joe wrote:
i totally agree. and why shouldnt a person with no health insurance get the same quality of treatment as a person who is insured.i took my wife to somerset lcrh after a falling accident .the service there was less than adequate. because while she (is) disabled she doesnt get a medical card for another 6 mos. they handed her a list o past due bills in the e.r.(some of them were dated 15 years old )the rest had been discharged in bankruptcy 5 years ago, AND SAID SHE NEEDED TO PAY THEM ASAP THEYRE ALL IDIOTS
You are a liar!! Once a bill goes past collection and ends up in a collection agency, the hospital does not know if you paid it or NOT....and i almost bet all you people complaining here a either medical or trash people who think the world owes you everything!! I have family and myself self there many times, in the er and as a pt on the floors and have not had a bit of a problem with them, and some of my family members are on medical cards, but dont feel like the world owes them everything either, and they were treated with respect....and how many woman have to take pain pills after having a baby??? pill seeking freaks is all you trash talkers are....you feel a fart sideways and run to the er, cause you know if you go to the doctor of a day you will have to pay your co-pay or the bill...so u save it for the er and burden them!
bigdaddy

Somerset, KY

#8 Mar 27, 2011
Liar wrote:
<quoted text>You are a liar!! Once a bill goes past collection and ends up in a collection agency, the hospital does not know if you paid it or NOT....and i almost bet all you people complaining here a either medical or trash people who think the world owes you everything!! I have family and myself self there many times, in the er and as a pt on the floors and have not had a bit of a problem with them, and some of my family members are on medical cards, but dont feel like the world owes them everything either, and they were treated with respect....and how many woman have to take pain pills after having a baby??? pill seeking freaks is all you trash talkers are....you feel a fart sideways and run to the er, cause you know if you go to the doctor of a day you will have to pay your co-pay or the bill...so u save it for the er and burden them!
like i said we both work and pay our bills. oh and just to let you all know something this hospital mis diagnosed her they said oh its just gas. hmmmmmmmmm never knew just gas would cause your appendix to rupture so i guess her having an emergency appendectomy was just pill seeking to huh. you people make me sick you all have drugs on the brain. not all people are dope heads. we will be contacting a lawyer about this, its called medical malpractice. we dont want a dime from the hospital we just want to be treated like humans like they treat ward correll
meeeee

United States

#9 Mar 27, 2011
I think the hospital sucks. That being said I love how people are so against the bill that makes people get medical insurance but feel they should get treated the same if they have years worth of unpaid bills!
Laura

Corbin, KY

#10 May 20, 2011
LCRH really is an awful place to have to go to. I would suggest going anywhere else except here if at all possible. My little bother was misdiagnosed a couple of years ago and died. Leaving behind 4 children and 1 on the way. we were warned by a nurse that worked there to get him out of there because the dr's were not running the tests they were telling us they were and they were allowing him to die. When we mentioned moving him to the dr, it was stated that by moving him we would ensure his death because he was not strong enough to survive even the trip down the hallway to the chopper that his best chance was there. It terrified us to think we would cause his premature death so we allowed the dr to continue with the treatment... If there's ever anyting we've ever regretted it was he decision to let him stay there.
hereugo

Lexington, KY

#11 May 20, 2011
Laura wrote:
LCRH really is an awful place to have to go to. I would suggest going anywhere else except here if at all possible. My little bother was misdiagnosed a couple of years ago and died. Leaving behind 4 children and 1 on the way. we were warned by a nurse that worked there to get him out of there because the dr's were not running the tests they were telling us they were and they were allowing him to die. When we mentioned moving him to the dr, it was stated that by moving him we would ensure his death because he was not strong enough to survive even the trip down the hallway to the chopper that his best chance was there. It terrified us to think we would cause his premature death so we allowed the dr to continue with the treatment... If there's ever anyting we've ever regretted it was he decision to let him stay there.
That is why we need another hospital!!!
TNC

Brownsville, TN

#12 May 20, 2011
joe wrote:
i totally agree. and why shouldnt a person with no health insurance get the same quality of treatment as a person who is insured.i took my wife to somerset lcrh after a falling accident .the service there was less than adequate. because while she (is) disabled she doesnt get a medical card for another 6 mos. they handed her a list o past due bills in the e.r.(some of them were dated 15 years old )the rest had been discharged in bankruptcy 5 years ago, AND SAID SHE NEEDED TO PAY THEM ASAP THEYRE ALL IDIOTS
I hate that hospital!! They about let my dad die from Rocky Mountain Fever because they thought he was faking it and just wanted pain pills. He had to go back to that hospital 3 times and they still didn't take him serious UNTIL a nurse seen him pass out in the bath room. I'm from Bowling Green KY and gave birth to my daughter there at the Medical Center. It was a great experience, I had my son here at Somerset hospital and it was a NIGHT MARE compared to Bowling Green!!!

“If brains were dynamite you ”

Level 3

Since: May 11

couldnt blow your nose

#14 May 20, 2011
I have an issue with the hospital and it has nothing to do with "pain". Nurses and the Doctor let my mother lay and set up septicemia. Her body went into toxic shock which could have been prevented. Her heart stopped and a nurse came in and attempted to start an IV on a woman with no pulse. This was a few years ago and this event led to my mothers death. I do not like going here but when it is all we have what can you do.
Mommy of two

Big Creek, KY

#15 May 21, 2011
bigdaddy wrote:
if you can do not go to lcrh they are the worst death factory in this country. recently my wife was there in extreme pain, she was bent over double crying and throwing up. the retarded nurses and doctors told her to grow up that she wontr get any pain pills. she dont take pain pills we just had a baby and all she took at home after giving birth was tylenol. i think they should burn this dump to the ground with the nurses and doctors in it. this town would be better off without any health care than the trash dump they have!!!!!!!!!!
I understand how you feel!! After I had my first son, I was perfectly fine.. When my son turned 3 months old, I found out that I was pregnant again. While I was pregnant with my second one, when I was 4 months along I woke up in the middle of the night having hard pain and wasnt sure of what it was, the pain was so bad I could barley walk, move, or anything.. I thought I was in labor the pain was so bad.. LCRH did NOTHING, couldnt find anything wrong blah blah... I went through my pregnancy doing that the whole time and after I had my second son, the pain worsened.. I went back to my OBGYN Dr. Rutledge sent me for a ultrasound on my stomach. Turns out, my gallbladder was the problem.. Have your wife tell her OBGYN about it and get something done.. I still have the pain every so often cause I need mine removed.. It could be her gallbladder or some type of problem with her stomach.. I will agree that LCRH is a JOKE.. It might as well be a animal hospital considering that is how you are treated but personally I wouldnt even let them touch my pets!! Thats why I go through UK hospital for EVERYTHING now.. My kids do not go here they go to LEXINGTON if something is needed.. But have her check with her OBGYN just in case it could be something serious.. Good luck and I hope your wife is fine!=]
Mommy of two

Big Creek, KY

#16 May 21, 2011
ever notice wrote:
most of the people that complain about the hospital or er has to do with the "PAIN" issue, get over it already and attempt to lead a sober life already!
Your a jerk.. Sounds like thats what you had to do since they wouldnt give you anything huh...
ever notice

Somerset, KY

#19 May 21, 2011
Mommy of two wrote:
<quoted text>
Your a jerk.. Sounds like thats what you had to do since they wouldnt give you anything huh...
WOW hope u don't instill that kind of attitude in your kids, they may grow up to be miserable like you! I go to a PAIN CLINIC where that is what they deal in, if you people would use the health system the way it is suppose to be used, instead of running to the ER when you got a turd turned sideways or a fart lodge in your misserable azz and want something for pain....its 2011 people, most people know the drug situation and drs dont go there anymore, they send you to a PAIN DR....
wondering

Ford City, PA

#20 May 22, 2011
I have not had good experiences at this hospital either but its not the hospital its the drs. and nurses getting a new hospital will not change anything they will still have people who don't care. what it comes down to is you have those who do the job and actually care about what they do and you have those who are only there for a paycheck and are burnt out..
actually

Somerset, KY

#21 May 22, 2011
wondering wrote:
I have not had good experiences at this hospital either but its not the hospital its the drs. and nurses getting a new hospital will not change anything they will still have people who don't care. what it comes down to is you have those who do the job and actually care about what they do and you have those who are only there for a paycheck and are burnt out..
actually this hospital is too high caliber and sophisticated for the type of low class, dumb southerm people in this area.
actually

Somerset, KY

#22 May 22, 2011
technology just does not sit or go over well here!
actually

Somerset, KY

#23 May 22, 2011
actually wrote:
<quoted text>actually this hospital is too high caliber and sophisticated for the type of low class, dumb southerm people in this area.
me being one of them!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 3 min independent repub... 5,261
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 4 min gladthelakeisback 21,041
Somerset mayor, Keck or Girdler? 1 hr gonzo 17
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr spaceship 131,062
Joe Rogan - FOOL of the Week! (Mar '11) 3 hr SteveNY1234 14
27 needs sidewalks 3 hr old dawg 6
Pain management on clifty st (Aug '13) 5 hr Mrs missy 35
•••
•••
•••

Somerset Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Somerset People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Somerset News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Somerset
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••