of 3
Next Last

“Boogie Chill'un”

Level 6

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#45 May 12, 2011
oreally wrote:
Well, on the subject of ol' Mitchy, I sign online petitions about thing I care about. If you care about an issue , I urge you to voice your opinion. Mitchy writes back, too(well, his letter writer does). Having to respond to all of the petitions keeps them busy and lets them know we're always watching.
I agree......also think Mitch SUCKS.
Lesson Learned

Harrison, AR

#46 May 12, 2011
Oh the Irony wrote:
<quoted text>
I will tell you that these openings are in Hotels in Somerset.
Front desk positions and breakfast persons needed also.
The thing is, if I know of four by being in the trade, imaginge how many positions are in the food industry and stores of which there are many more around Somerset than hotels.

Imagine how many men that look like truckers, these hotels and restaruants are going to put to work for them. Men who have worked around the rowdiest and are the rowdiest.
observer1

Bowling Green, KY

#47 May 12, 2011
Lesson Learned wrote:
That's just it, we are all part of the working class and we are lashing out at each other. I have a disease that is rare, my bones are deteriorating I have no feeling in my feet and part of my legs. One job I worked at I was required to wear steel toed shoes. I would get home and my feet would be bloody where the steel had took the hide off my shoes.
But we need to open our eyes, we are attacking each other and we are all in this together and on the very same side. What good are we accomplishing fighting among ourself. If we want to change things, there's not a one of us on this site that can do it by screaming ,hollaring and name calling. Of course you are mad, I am to! I don't want to spend 20.00 dollars on 5 gallons of gas, but it's not your fault, it's not mine.
Everyday of most of our lives on here has been a struggle from day to day. But we cann't fix it by attacking each other and ask yourself. Is there a way, we as a group, can make things better? Tje first thing we need to do is stop the name calling. I have been called 3 different names today and it hurt my feelings [two of them, i din't even kbow what they mean.] Seriously though if all of us started writing Mitch McConnell or somebody and letting them know their job would be in danger, things might change.
Politicians have their own agenda, and pretty much a 9-5 job with perks. Good Hard Working People are tired of picking themselves up from tough times only to be slammed down to the ground by the decisions made by our Government Officials.
We are in discussion, and if there is individuals that hurt your feelings, take a deep breath and walk away from the site for a few minutes. Don't take it too personal, it is a good day outside the box of Topix.
Oh the Irony

Louisville, KY

#48 May 12, 2011
Lesson Learned wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine how many men that look like truckers, these hotels and restaruants are going to put to work for them. Men who have worked around the rowdiest and are the rowdiest.
There is always a job to be found to suit the person. They may not get the job, but the jobs are out there.

If a trucker does not apply for the job in the first place, he is already a loser for not trying for the job.

A person needs self discipline and if they are rowdy in the wrong environment, they need to learn self discipline.

It's easy to throw up reasons why someone should NOT apply for a job, maybe if everyone did that, we could all be on welfare. What'd you say?
oreally

London, KY

#49 May 13, 2011
Just thought I'd pass this info along. Apparently several restaurants are hiring in the Somerset area. My friend just got a job at one of them. No specific names were given, but this person told me that nearly all of the nicer restaurants had openings.
charleskr

United States

#50 Oct 1, 2012
A long time ago, there was an earnest plea from a "FAMILY with Lymes Disease." Most of the material contained in the family's blog appealing for help is contained in the "Put me in charge" e-mails. As the multitude of comments about this e-mail attest, this 21 year old female either "has a great plan!" or has been bashed around for that plan and it's solutions. This lady's opinion ONLY agrees with a newspaper article in the Waco Tribune-Herald.

The author of this opinion letter, not a real plan with real solutions, has already identified himself as Alfred W. Evans in his letter to the Waco Tribune-Herald and is also posted in this discussion. He also wrote to TheVeteransVoice.com and SILENCEDOGOOD2010'S BLOG, which was reposted on BlackShards, and thanked them for posting his letter. "I googled “Put me in charge” and found it on many sites. Thanks again for getting what I consider common sense out to the people." This 21 year old female is receiving credit for your plan and your solution, Mr. Evans. Most of the heat and derogatory remarks are directed toward her and not to you, Mr. Evans. Do you care that this is happening? Why do you allow this to continue on this way? Better her than you? Some military operations use intelligence and deception to accomplish their mission. Food for thought. More on this further down below.

To read more, see my posted comments on the Amazon discussion "Put Me In Charge!" This is the link to those comments.

http://www.amazon.com/forum/politics/ref=cm_c...

You may also want to visit The Veterans' Voice at http://www.theveteransvoice.com/Put-me-in-cha...

The following articles are from the Wacotrib.com
"Gatesville man surprised letter to the editor is an Internet phenomenon," dated February 26, 2012 at http://www.wacotrib.com/news/140458333.html
"LETTERS: Readers sound off on Alfred W. Evans, oil drilling," dated March 3, 2012, at http://www.wacotrib.com/opinion/141269653.htm...

Voting for a Living by John L. Perry Mar. 04, 2004
http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/articles/...

This may interest lesson learned:
End of the Year Military Spending Wrap-Up
Aug. 26, 2011
http://nationalpriorities.org/analysis/2011/e...

Charles Kranichfelt
charleskr

United States

#51 Oct 1, 2012
A long time ago, there was an earnest plea from a "FAMILY with Lymes Disease." Most of the material contained in the family's blog appealing for help is contained in the "Put me in charge" e-mails. As the multitude of comments about this e-mail attest, this 21 year old female either "has a great plan!" or has been bashed around for that plan and it's solutions. This lady's opinion ONLY agrees with a newspaper article in the Waco Tribune-Herald.

The author of this opinion letter, not a real plan with real solutions, has already identified himself as Alfred W. Evans in his letter to the Waco Tribune-Herald and is also posted in this discussion. He also wrote to TheVeteransVoice.com and SILENCEDOGOOD2010'S BLOG, which was reposted on BlackShards, and thanked them for posting his letter. "I googled “Put me in charge” and found it on many sites. Thanks again for getting what I consider common sense out to the people." This 21 year old female is receiving credit for your plan and your solution, Mr. Evans. Most of the heat and derogatory remarks are directed toward her and not to you, Mr. Evans. Do you care that this is happening? Why do you allow this to continue on this way? Better her than you? Some military operations use intelligence and deception to accomplish their mission. Food for thought. More on this further down below.

To read more, see my posted comments on the Amazon discussion "Put Me In Charge!" This is the link to those comments.

http://www.amazon.com/forum/politics/ref=cm_c...

You may also want to visit The Veterans' Voice at http://www.theveteransvoice.com/Put-me-in-cha...

The following articles are from the Wacotrib.com
"Gatesville man surprised letter to the editor is an Internet phenomenon," dated February 26, 2012 at http://www.wacotrib.com/news/140458333.html
"LETTERS: Readers sound off on Alfred W. Evans, oil drilling," dated March 3, 2012, at http://www.wacotrib.com/opinion/141269653.htm...

Voting for a Living by John L. Perry Mar. 04, 2004
http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/articles/...

This may interest lessons learned - Budget
End of the Year Military Spending Wrap-Up
http://nationalpriorities.org/analysis/2011/e...

Charles Kranichfelt
SlimJim

Somerset, KY

#52 Oct 1, 2012
Cattle will become near worthless. Walmart and fast food chains will have to shut down stores and layoff. Hope your job don't in any way provide a luxury service or goods. Where do you think all that free government money goes? These Big corporations don't want welfare cut. They are the ones in control and all that money funnels back to them. I am all for everything the above poster said with one exception if this is all voluntary then so should be the taxes that fund it. Then I'm in, sounds as good a hopeless solution as I've heard.
SlimJim

Somerset, KY

#53 Oct 1, 2012
Maybe we need options. One side can set up a system kinda like we have now and the other side can set up one like the OPs. Locked box systems where money from one can't be used to fund the other. People could decide which they wanted to enroll in. No applying for the other plans benefits. Then people could choose do I want to buy a deadbeat an xbox and maybe if I lose my job be able to eat a frozen pizza or do I want to live in a dorm where my possessions are inventoried and eat beans. People look at the problem at hand with the idea that Welfare and unemployment insurance are to generous. I on the other hand look at the problem as the employers are paying to small a wage. I do not believe that someone who needs the aid of the system should be reduced down to the standards the OP stated but on the other hand they should not live as well as someone working ANY I repeat ANY job. Don't lower aid raise the benefits of having a job. That's how you help people get a hand up of course some multi-millionaires may have to take a slight pay cut to ever make it work.
woohoo

United States

#54 Oct 3, 2012
JumperJuice wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! Good point......but then again, I exercise my right to bear arms.....let 'em come try to steal my sht......I'll help thin the population one piece of sht at a time! Then, maybe things will straighten out and there will be jobs for good honest decent folks who are just at a rough spot in the road and not PERPETUAL check drawers.
good point! I want you as my neighbor!! Bottom line is when you consume more than you produce...pretty soon all you have left are consumers. What will they do when there is nothing left?
woohoo

United States

#55 Oct 3, 2012
oreally wrote:
<quoted text>
Tats and piercings, eh? Wonder if this foogie realizes that most people have those? I'd be bitter too if I was socially retarded and behind on the times...dying out with all of the other wrinkly old wind bags... So I'm not going to judge him.
NO most people DONT have that trash on them. They express their individuality by their actions. They dont pay someone to stick a bone thru their nose or paint some ignorant symbol on their body to show what they stand for. If youve ever been to a nursing home you lnow about "wrinkled skin". That stupid rosebud you got on that perky breast you got so the hundreds of men lying on top of you would have something entertaining to look at is now a long stemmed rose...it aint pretty. Yea thats what i want to see on MY GRANDMOTHER. a bunch of ridiculous tattoos!

“Boogie Chill'un”

Level 6

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#56 Oct 3, 2012
woohoo wrote:
<quoted text>good point! I want you as my neighbor!! Bottom line is when you consume more than you produce...pretty soon all you have left are consumers. What will they do when there is nothing left?
Thanks....just come on down, plenty of like minded folks in my neighborhood, and the house next door just came on the market! LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 17 min Athenesword 148,881
This or That? (May '11) 51 min Princess Hey 2,177
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 3 hr Red_Forman 12,547
We Need Stronger Medical Patient Modesty (Nov '10) 10 hr LadyLove 16
What happened to WKEQ 97.1? 10 hr Zeus 9
Sam aaron berry 15 hr Curious 1
Hospital 16 hr Bbnoclue 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages