xtreme car audio=RIPOFF

xtreme car audio=RIPOFF

Posted in the Somerset Forum

ashley f king

Gorham, IL

#1 Feb 26, 2012
DO NOT TAKE THERE!! they will rip you a new azzhole. that bunch of thieves should be locked up! i took my truck over there to get a simple stereo wired up and they tried to tell me that i needed new speakers, new amps and new wiring. this is a brand new truck 0000097 miles on it. i wish that i knew who owned this place. the BBB will be hearing from me as well as the chamber of commerce. AVIOD these con artists people!!

Level 5

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#2 Feb 26, 2012
ashley f king wrote:
DO NOT TAKE THERE!! they will rip you a new azzhole. that bunch of thieves should be locked up! i took my truck over there to get a simple stereo wired up and they tried to tell me that i needed new speakers, new amps and new wiring. this is a brand new truck 0000097 miles on it. i wish that i knew who owned this place. the BBB will be hearing from me as well as the chamber of commerce. AVIOD these con artists people!!
If it is a brand new truck,take it back to the dealer. tell them what they said ,they will check it out. the speakers should be under warrenty.Might want to check it out,before going off.oooooppppsss
schitzngrins

London, KY

#3 Feb 26, 2012
so what was wrong with the factory stereo?

“Boogie Chill'un”

Level 6

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#4 Feb 27, 2012
It's their job to sell you those things.....just sayin'. Did they hold you at gunpoint and force you to buy those things?
ashley f king

Gorham, IL

#5 Mar 8, 2012
JumperJuice wrote:
It's their job to sell you those things.....just sayin'. Did they hold you at gunpoint and force you to buy those things?
no but im sure that your dad held your sister at gunpoint to get you concieved. say something else biotch.
ashley f king

Gorham, IL

#6 Mar 8, 2012
Gomer-ez wrote:
<quoted text>If it is a brand new truck,take it back to the dealer. tell them what they said ,they will check it out. the speakers should be under warrenty.Might want to check it out,before going off.oooooppppsss
oops! youjust showed your intelligence. you are not getting it dumbass. go back to sawyer and screw your mom that's your sister.

“Boogie Chill'un”

Level 6

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#7 Mar 9, 2012
ashley f king wrote:
<quoted text>no but im sure that your dad held your sister at gunpoint to get you concieved. say something else biotch.
.....and your ip says Whitley City and you want to talk about inbreeding? Lmfao.....that's a good one! Did your parents have any kids that lived,or are they ALL dead from the neck up?

Level 5

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#8 Mar 10, 2012
You sure know a lot about inbreeding,from experience I guess.Do you have 6 fingers on each hand?

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#9 Mar 10, 2012
All this drama , over a radio & speakers ?-
shakeit

Pineville, KY

#10 Mar 17, 2012
ashley f king wrote:
<quoted text>no but im sure that your dad held your sister at gunpoint to get you concieved. say something else biotch.
a day in a life of a airhead inbreed . Always thinking about inbreeding.
coolbreeze

Gorham, IL

#11 Mar 25, 2012
say what you want. all of you idiots are still in ky. has it ever occured to any of you that she is a transplant from another place? the bottom line is that x-treme car audio is a bunch of crooks. i have worked in these places. that is how they make their money. they wanted $2000 to replace the stereo in my old 'vette. i turned around and walked out. do it yourself and save some amerons.

“Boogie Chill'un”

Level 6

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#12 Mar 26, 2012
coolbreeze wrote:
say what you want. all of you idiots are still in ky. has it ever occured to any of you that she is a transplant from another place? the bottom line is that x-treme car audio is a bunch of crooks. i have worked in these places. that is how they make their money. they wanted $2000 to replace the stereo in my old 'vette. i turned around and walked out. do it yourself and save some amerons.
So, lemme get this straight. All the people in Kentucky are "idiots".......boy, it must take a REAL idiot to "transplant" here, huh? LOL! All car audio shops are gonna charge you to do installs, it's their JOB. That being said, if you had an older Vette, did it have the old style radio with small holes in the dash for the dial and one for each knob? Did they have to do any cutting? Not all folks know how to do these sorts of things. I've installed quite a few in my day, it's not as simple as it may seem....especially when you have to go cutting on the dash. Building subwoofer enclosures to PROPER specs ain't exactly common knowledge or very simple when you look into bandpasses. Amps, crossovers, distribution blocks, pre-amps, and new head units aren't that difficult......but alot of folks can't even check their own oil, let alone use a test light to find a hot circuit in the fuse block for a remote wire location.....right?
Paul Revere

United States

#13 Mar 26, 2012
I'm just not seeing where the OP was actually "ripped-off". If the OP had asked for a radio/receiver only and they had installed something she hadn't asked for...and then tried to bill her for it, she might have a reason to be upset. But, the way I read this thread, no money ever actually changed hands.
I applaud the store for trying to sell their products. That IS why they are in business after all. The OP seems to be a "victim" without a crime.
installer

United States

#14 Mar 28, 2012
A friend of mine who lives in Somerset had highs/mids, subs, amps, and a cd player installed at Xtreme. His car had terrible road noise coming through the highs and mids speakers. He took it back twice, they did not fix it. He asked me to look at it and I found they had ran RCA interconnects and power wire down the same side of the car causing interference, any installer with basic car audio knowlege knows that is a no-no. 10 minute fix and no more noise. He hasn't been back and doesn't recommend them to anyone.

“Boogie Chill'un”

Level 6

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#15 Mar 28, 2012
installer wrote:
A friend of mine who lives in Somerset had highs/mids, subs, amps, and a cd player installed at Xtreme. His car had terrible road noise coming through the highs and mids speakers. He took it back twice, they did not fix it. He asked me to look at it and I found they had ran RCA interconnects and power wire down the same side of the car causing interference, any installer with basic car audio knowlege knows that is a no-no. 10 minute fix and no more noise. He hasn't been back and doesn't recommend them to anyone.
You're right, that's car audio 101. That's a bad deal right there......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Legend of Soules Chapel (Feb '12) 1 hr justsayin 21
heard adam stamper likes whang dangs 4 hr adam stamper 4
Eddie Correll Sr is guilty 4 hr adam stamper 12
adam stamper 4 hr Drew 10
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 5 hr Trouser Cough 31,950
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 hr yabadabado 148,963
Stomper toy trucks from the 80's 7 hr Fallguy 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages