Somerset's 2 new liquior stores

Somerset's 2 new liquior stores

Posted in the Somerset Forum

Travelingken

AOL

#1 Mar 30, 2013
I visited both new liquor stores on their opening day and I found that the one in the Mall is small and did not carry the brand of wine or gin that I wanted even though they were popular brands..If you want to go there I suggest you call ahead first and make sure they carry what you want before making a special trip..

Wildcat Liquor's.. A much bigger store, They did carry the Wine and Gin I was looking for but the price was a little over 3 dollars higher per bottle than I have seen in the Stores in Tennessee or Danville..The store also has maybe 3 too many empolyes..There were more people working there than customers...Other than that, I liked it fine :)

“smiling on a cloudy day”

Level 7

Since: Jan 09

Shakedown Street

#2 Mar 30, 2013
Nice. I appreciate the reviews.
FYI

London, KY

#4 Mar 30, 2013
Travelingken wrote:
I visited both new liquor stores on their opening day and I found that the one in the Mall is small and did not carry the brand of wine or gin that I wanted even though they were popular brands..If you want to go there I suggest you call ahead first and make sure they carry what you want before making a special trip..
Wildcat Liquor's.. A much bigger store, They did carry the Wine and Gin I was looking for but the price was a little over 3 dollars higher per bottle than I have seen in the Stores in Tennessee or Danville..The store also has maybe 3 too many empolyes..There were more people working there than customers...Other than that, I liked it fine :)
Lie
one for the road

Versailles, IN

#5 Mar 30, 2013
Travelingken wrote:
.....hmmmm ok lol
gomer-ez

London, KY

#6 Mar 31, 2013
Travelingken wrote:
Somerset ,is the only place in the whole world,that would bitch about a store having to much help.It is called employment.
Opening a knew business is not easy,especially if you are under staffed.

“speak your mind!”

Level 3

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#7 Mar 31, 2013
Travelingken wrote:
are they serving in resturants? which ones?
gomer-ez

London, KY

#8 Mar 31, 2013
Travelingken wrote:
I have never walked into a liquor store and could not find something to drink.You have been brain washed by the bootleggers.Explore the world of alcohol,expand your taste.
I thought Apples was well stocked,with quality booze..
It is not liquor barn,true.
WE HAVE A LIQUIOR STORE ,Glory be to god.Give me another shot,and pass the ammunition
Old

Racine, OH

#10 Apr 1, 2013
gomer-ez wrote:
<quoted text>
Somerset ,is the only place in the whole world,that would bitch about a store having to much help.It is called employment.
Opening a knew business is not easy,especially if you are under staffed.
Too much help means too hard to shoplift
Old

Racine, OH

#13 Apr 2, 2013
In today's age, it'd be nice if they had a website listing their normal inventory

Level 7

Shakedown Street

#15 Apr 3, 2013
I stopped by Wildcat Liquor for the first time today. All the talk about them being overpriced is way off. They are the same price as Lancaster, if not a dollar or two cheaper. They definitely have a larger selection.

A very nice store! Plus a drive-thru! I really thought the local Somerset alcohol ordinance prohibited drive-thrus, guess not!
maybe

Somerset, KY

#16 Apr 4, 2013
They only prohibited drive thrus that enter and exit the building. They have that type of drive thru in ohio. We used to go to a drive thru pizza and sub shop to pick up beer,pizza,maybe just a cold soda. That was nice when it was raining or snowing.
SummerBreeze

Brownsville, TN

#17 Apr 4, 2013
The Somerset Wildcat Liquor Store is twice the price of other stores on the new Makers Mark Commentartive bottle honoring UK great Dan Issel that is coming out tomorrow. Here it's $96 & places other than Somerset it's only $50. Can anyone explain this, please ?

Level 7

Shakedown Street

#18 Apr 4, 2013
SummerBreeze wrote:
The Somerset Wildcat Liquor Store is twice the price of other stores on the new Makers Mark Commentartive bottle honoring UK great Dan Issel that is coming out tomorrow. Here it's $96 & places other than Somerset it's only $50. Can anyone explain this, please ?
They only have 1 competitor within a 30 mile radius.
Just Saying

Somerset, KY

#19 Aug 7, 2013
No they have 2 competitors. We have failed to mention First Stop Party Supply located between lights 20 & 21.

Level 7

Shakedown Street

#20 Aug 7, 2013
Just Saying wrote:
No they have 2 competitors. We have failed to mention First Stop Party Supply located between lights 20 & 21.
That's true, now. That post was from April 4th.

First Stop is a good store, keep a lot in stock at reasonable prices.
Lemont Cranston

London, KY

#21 Aug 7, 2013
Right Aid RX has best liquor prices in Somerset. Not the best selection but the best prices.
Homer

Middlesboro, KY

#22 Aug 7, 2013
Have you seen the selection at walgreens, such a waste of a liquor lisence
Fred

London, KY

#23 Aug 7, 2013
I have been in Walgreens and Right Aid in the last 2 week and saw no liquor, just beer, and very little of that.
Stealth ninja

Greensburg, KY

#24 Aug 7, 2013
I was surprised when the cashier at wildcat likker scanned the barcode on my driver license .they never did before.thats a violation of the drivers protection and privacy act

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Who for President? 11 min feelintheBern 21
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Not religious 148,159
Low life parents 2 hr Lolol 17
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 2 hr Dickens1 31,259
MBI truck drivers (Aug '08) 4 hr Dogout 57
motorcycle question - looking to buy my first b... 5 hr gladthelakeisback 2
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 9 hr Red_Forman 12,489
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages