ICU LCRH being shut down??

Level 4

Since: Jun 12

London, KY

#25 Aug 22, 2012
If you have to worry about your lights and water being shut off within a month, your probably in over your head financially.

So take that vacation time then. It isn't like I said not to. Jesus.

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#26 Aug 22, 2012
No logical reason for any good nurse to ever be unemployed -Nurses do the work -
gooss

Brownsville, TN

#27 Aug 23, 2012
Wow! Maybe everyone should come to your place since you are so financially stable... The poster never said anything about the lights being shut off after a month. It's called a domino effect. Look it up jerkoff!
well

Danielsville, GA

#29 Oct 2, 2012
Today in America has to do with economics, healthcare options and healthcare reform. Unemployement and business closures across the country makes for people to avoid Dr. Visits and hosital care due to no job, no insurance. Healthcare Reform is putting a tight rope on what is feasable as for healthcare procedures. Private Insurance, Medicare, Medicaid are all limiting their pay for service to the medical facilities therefore will result in less patients, less procedures that dominate the issues to cut backs in the medical field. There is Hospitals across the nation that is closing their doors, cutting back on facility procedures. There has been many smaller hospitals that are closing their maternity wards where the demographics has feasable larger hospitals in a 50 mile radius. This is happening for surgical proceedures as well. Don't be surprised with more patients being sent to area hospitals outside Pulaski County in the future. Why do you think London,Ky was choosen for the newest existance of a hospital...it was the feasability to the State and Federal guidelines put into place to accomidate a broader demographic range of patients health care. Somerset will never get another hospital because the deomgraphics to patient need is not feasable to state and federal funding.
well

Danielsville, GA

#30 Oct 2, 2012
Knowitall9 wrote:
No logical reason for any good nurse to ever be unemployed -Nurses do the work -
nurses will not be unemployed, most are working under employment contracts and are only placed at the hospital as to the contract, these nurses can be reassigned to other area hospitals. Most nurses are presently not hired by the hospital, but working under a contract statis. When you see Nurses take vacation days as to work day furloughs it is that they are the ones employed by the hospital and chose to not work in another area of the hospital be it their choice, while the contract nurses will take a reassignment to another hospital or medical facility such as Dr. offices,nursing homes, health depts, hospice, etc. where ever they are needed for the job.
intheknnnoooww

Brownsville, TN

#31 Oct 3, 2012
"Well," not sure where you get your info, but most nurses at LCRH are not contract employees. They actually work for the hospital. As a matter of fact, many hospitals have stopped using contract nurses because they have to pay the company that employees them a much higher rate. Also, even contract employees, such as nurses are cancelled for shifts due to agencies finding replacements whom they don't have to pay as much.
MMAN

Gray, KY

#32 Oct 3, 2012
Whathuh wrote:
As a matter of fact, there is a thing called unemployment; however, know it all- it takes almost a month to get a check.
Well yeah, but are you better than the countless other millions who have had to file and wait for it?
Whathuh

Brownsville, TN

#33 Oct 4, 2012
The difference in myself and the "countless other millions" (Does that even make sense?) is that I am employed- the majority of the millions that you refer to are not employed. I expect to have full-time hours as I was hired in for. Get a grip jerk off!
Thinking

Clarkesville, GA

#34 Oct 5, 2012
Whathuh wrote:
The difference in myself and the "countless other millions" (Does that even make sense?) is that I am employed- the majority of the millions that you refer to are not employed. I expect to have full-time hours as I was hired in for. Get a grip jerk off!
The same expectation across the country of the Unemployed was that they too were hired and in their defense as to expecting to be employed. There is millions who lost their job completely that were hired full time, worked many years at the same employer only to find the Employer workload /employee need dwendled by which they (Unemployed) too did not get full time hours at the job, some were fortunate to get part time hours at the same job they had been hired full time. There is those that went from full time to part time to NO TIME EMPLOYED at not fault of their own. They lost their wages, benefits and the stability to care for the needs of themselves and family. So actually there is a differnce as you stated..YOU have a job, the Unemployed don't.
Whathuh

Brownsville, TN

#35 Oct 5, 2012
Obviously you are missing the point I was trying to make. No need in explaining it. This entire thread is wearing me out!
Just Wondering

Manchester, KY

#36 Oct 5, 2012
Grady wrote:
<quoted text>
A Not-For-Profit doesn't mean they don't want to make money....they just don't want to pay federal taxes. Some think they give better care and some thing they give the same as other for profit ones. Bottom line is everyone in Somerset wants to go to Lexington if they need care.....everyone in Lexington wants to go to Louisville if they need care....everyone in Louisville wants to go to Cincinnati...so on and so on. I have lived in many different parts of the state and that is a common theme....our local hospital is the worst. Reality is there are a few that might have a bad Dr. but over all the level of care in this state is pretty good. Just like other things all you hear are the complaints of those who have a bad experience. For every one of those bad stories there are many more good ones. But we don't want to hear the good ones, just expand on the bad ones.
Iwould go to anther HOSPATIL befor i would go to SOMERSET HOP befor i would go there

“We Are Family”

Level 8

Since: Aug 12

Here, There and Everywhere!

#37 Oct 7, 2012
Lexington UK, Louisville UL are Trama Units where patients are flown to. Somerset LCRH does not have any law suits, as does London area. Somerset does have one of the only Imaging facility that is capable of detection that all other hospitals do not have, therefore saving lives, whereas 8 People who went to Lexington are deceased. Sad, but true.
Politics

United States

#38 Oct 7, 2012
BigDaddyandGang wrote:
Lexington UK, Louisville UL are Trama Units where patients are flown to. Somerset LCRH does not have any law suits, as does London area. Somerset does have one of the only Imaging facility that is capable of detection that all other hospitals do not have, therefore saving lives, whereas 8 People who went to Lexington are deceased. Sad, but true.
That's a load of bull!!

“We Are Family”

Level 8

#39 Oct 7, 2012
I stand behind my statements.
Thinking

Owingsville, KY

#40 Oct 7, 2012
BigDaddyandGang wrote:
You are trying to compare Somerset ER to a Trauma Unit? The reason those patients are are "FLOWN OUT" from Somerset to those Trauma Units, is the fact that Somerset does not have the skilled Personel and Technology to save the patients life. If Somerset had a Trauma Unit to compare to these Hospitals, there would be no reason to have send a Patient to other Hospitals. As for lawsuits, there is no patients kept at Somerset if they need the skilled care and technology. As for the deaths, there is no way of knowing if the patients would have lived or died if they were kept at Somerset for thier care. Your statement is short of facts. As for the statement "IMAGING Facility, that is basically a building, it does not reflect the Technology. Most Bigger Hospitals has the equipment in the Hospitals located in direct access to the Trauma Unit Team. There is no need for a seperate "facility" If Somerset had the best Technology, again there would be no need to send patients to other skilled Hospitals.

“We Are Family”

Level 8

#41 Oct 7, 2012
I did not say that LCRH has nor had a trauma unit. Louisville and Lexington (and Knoxville) are the 3 places that Stat flights are flown to from Somerset. Somerset LCRH has no law suits pending. Lifescan Imaging LLC, 607 Clifty Street, Somerset is the most advanced known Foe Cancer Patients. The 8 that have already passed on where from Somerset, but had treatment in Lexington. And at least 2 more are not expected to live.
Ugh

United States

#42 Oct 8, 2012
If that is the case why is it that when you go to a true Center for Excellence cancer treatment center like Vanderbilt of the Cleveland Clinic they redo EVERY test and scan performed here?

“We Are Family”

Level 8

#43 Oct 8, 2012
So that's why University of Kentucky Hospital has their billing out of Cleveland, Ohio. Good luck on your cancer treatments. We have been Cancer Free for the last 4 years and counting . You do what ever makes you happy, I supplied the info in posting #41, that we used, that worked for my wife and saved her life.
Ugh

United States

#44 Oct 10, 2012
No the Cleveland Clinic has no affiliation with UK. In fact, there is no Center for Excellence in the treatment of cancer inside Kentucky. Cleveland Clinic is a world renowned medical center on par with Johns Hopkins or the like. If you ever have severe health issues, and want to live, go to Cleveland Clinic.
Watcher

London, KY

#45 Oct 10, 2012
understand wrote:
I think they need to close the whole hospital and get rid of Hal Rogers and start over.
yep that should cure all your problems

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I the real Brian v 32 min Brianvvv 3
Best low paying job in somerset 1 hr Brianvvv 3
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Paul 163,772
Do you need custom invitations? 1 hr Brian v 8
I am Brian v. 2 hr Brian v 20
Hardscape 2 hr Brian v 6
Chad proposed to me!!!! 2 hr Brian v 14

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance