First Prev
of 3
Next Last
heyy

London, KY

#1 Nov 9, 2009
Just opened today and wow they were busy! I got the bacon cheeseburger and its soooooooo good, however I tried one of my sisters chicken strips and it tasted awful, like fish! She loved them though, so what is your all's thoughts about it?
irving

Winchester, KY

#2 Nov 12, 2009
heyy wrote:
Just opened today and wow they were busy! I got the bacon cheeseburger and its soooooooo good, however I tried one of my sisters chicken strips and it tasted awful, like fish! She loved them though, so what is your all's thoughts about it?
it's all good.s set needs something new..like being wet (liquor)..need a red lobster,olive garden,outback,logans's steak like richmond
Just Me

Brownsville, TN

#3 Nov 12, 2009
irving wrote:
<quoted text>
it's all good.s set needs something new..like being wet (liquor)..need a red lobster,olive garden,outback,logans's steak like richmond
You could move to Richmond.
not me

Somerset, KY

#4 Nov 12, 2009
My parents went there and got a burger and it was raw. They are the type of people that if you get something bad the first time they won't go back a second. So they are done with them. I plan to go but it won't be until a few weeks. Got to try them at least once. I don't eat fast food much as I never seem to get my order right or all that I order.
Kate

Middlesboro, KY

#5 Nov 12, 2009
Please tell your parents to give them a break. It's their first week and anything can and does happen when you first open. They've really been busy as I noticed when we drove by. If you've never been involved in a restaurant business it is really tough when you first open. People bombard you and you get in a big hurry and that's why things aren't cooked done enough. Give them time to settle down and it will be better.
not me

Somerset, KY

#6 Nov 12, 2009
Thats what I said myself. I'm in the food business but these to people are set in their ways and won't budge an inch. I laugh all the time thinking I sure hope I remember this when I'm their age. LOL
Kate

Middlesboro, KY

#7 Nov 12, 2009
We went tonight and had the chopped steak. It was really good. I was totally satisfied with my meal tonight. I can't wait to try the other dinners and see which one I like the best.... I never base my true opinion on a new restaurant untill they have been open for awhile. You have to get the kinks out before you see the real picture. I'd think that if the business was mine and it was just now opening people would give me a chance to improve the situation.
Amen Kate

Middlesboro, KY

#8 Nov 12, 2009
Amen Kate. Good point. People should give them other chances, once things do slow down some. Never judge off the bat, especially right when they open and it's still their first week; geez
Whispering Bill

Manchester, KY

#9 Nov 12, 2009
We went there this evening and turned around and left. The prices they charge are 'sit-down and have someone wait on you' prices. If I just wanted a burger to carry around myself, I'd go to McDonald's or Wendy's where they at least have a dollar menu.
my experience

Somerset, KY

#10 Nov 13, 2009
i've been to other Culver's and they all have several $3.99 specials to choose from but not here in somerset. i went yesterday and got their "original" and they charged me an extra 30 cents for a little slice of tomato on my burger! not sure i'll be back for a while. other culver's are more open feeling. this one is much smaller than any others i've been to and makes me feel clostrophobic. why can't we just get a good restaurant here. seems like everything that comes to somerset is done the cheapest way possible.
observer1

Middlesboro, KY

#11 Nov 13, 2009
Whispering Bill wrote:
We went there this evening and turned around and left. The prices they charge are 'sit-down and have someone wait on you' prices. If I just wanted a burger to carry around myself, I'd go to McDonald's or Wendy's where they at least have a dollar menu.
I did go to culver's and the roastbeef dinner was good for the price. I was a little shocked of the setup by not knowing anything about the business. It will be good for those that like that type of restaurant style eating but for myself I prefer the traditional sitdown/service. I do wish them well in their business and will stop agian I am sure when in the mood for icecream.
whatever

Somerset, KY

#12 Nov 13, 2009
We went to Culvers and the food was totally awesome!!!!We will go back again and again, all new places go through some rough spots during opening week. GIVE EM A BREAK!!! Not everything is perfect, I think the only thing they could of done different was made a bigger store.

“Livin' and Lovin'”

Since: Jan 09

London, KY

#13 Nov 13, 2009
I haven't eaten there so I can't personally comment on the food or service. But I have seen several comments about the burgers being undercooked. My only advice would be to make the customer wait a couple minutes longer and make sure the meat is cooked properly. You will lose a lot more customers by serving undercooked meat than you will by customers having to wait a couple extra minutes. If one person gets sick from eating undercooked meat, that will ruin the name of a restaurant in a hurry. Customers need to be patient and expect to wait a little longer for their food in this new, very busy restaurant. I wish Culver's all the best. I hope they continue to get tons of business. I'm going to try it just as soon as I can.
WhatTHE

Middlesboro, KY

#14 Nov 13, 2009
my experience wrote:
i've been to other Culver's and they all have several $3.99 specials to choose from but not here in somerset. i went yesterday and got their "original" and they charged me an extra 30 cents for a little slice of tomato on my burger! not sure i'll be back for a while. other culver's are more open feeling. this one is much smaller than any others i've been to and makes me feel clostrophobic. why can't we just get a good restaurant here. seems like everything that comes to somerset is done the cheapest way possible.
I've been here and had great service and experiences and the food was great. This Culvers is a very good size compared to the others I've been too. What is your problem, geez. Why can't people be thankful for a nice new restaurant.
meme

Campbellsville, KY

#15 Nov 13, 2009
do they have a drive up window
CulversFan

Middlesboro, KY

#16 Nov 13, 2009
Yes they do......and if you have to wait a bit, they have you pull up and over to a numbered spot, then will bring your food out to you. It's nice inside...you order and they give you a number, then you get your drink and have a seat; they bring the food to you. GO CULVERS!
WELL

Somerset, KY

#17 Nov 15, 2009
CulversFan wrote:
Yes they do......and if you have to wait a bit, they have you pull up and over to a numbered spot, then will bring your food out to you. It's nice inside...you order and they give you a number, then you get your drink and have a seat; they bring the food to you. GO CULVERS!
Hardees does the same thing
Illbe

London, KY

#18 Nov 15, 2009
WELL wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardees does the same thing
But not the same food, Doofus.
Far from the same food.
critic

London, KY

#19 Nov 15, 2009
your right lllbe hardees has better burgers for less and by the way when cooking burgers there are timers on the machine to tell you when to take them off???????? even renos new that i give them 3 months and it will look like white castle today
Good

Pineville, KY

#20 Nov 15, 2009
Come on guys! Culvers is good, and its great to have something a little different here in town. Dont you get tired of the same ol same ol? They have a wide variety of options.. from plate lunches, soups and salads, burgers-- I forgot to mention their awesome chicken strips... and tastey frozen custard! IT"S YUMMY! Oh and for prices, lemme just tell you Mcdonalds isnt cheap. If you get a combo at Mcdonalds the prices are about the same as any other fast food resturant combo. Get real, not every where wants to give you a burger full of nothing but fat for 1.00. Sure you can eat for cheap but its junk! Culvers is good, but it is fast food.. so dont over do it, watch those calories! Dont be dissin until you try it:-) and dont forget we all have differnt taste buds-- and wallets!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 27 min I know more 151,810
Duraflame Lunch Breaks? 40 min Tommy 1
whos the girl in mustang 53 min terry 6
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 32,746
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 2 hr Red_Forman 12,675
word (Dec '11) 2 hr Red_Forman 25
Word Association (Feb '09) 2 hr Red_Forman 12,255

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages