PCYFL Refs Grid Day 2011

Posted in the Somerset Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Amazed and Saddened

Brodhead, KY

#1 Aug 27, 2011
You know I sat at the grid today and watched an upset parent be told to leave the game. It seems he was trying to protect his son from being hurt because the Refs were allowing the other team hold his son on every play. The parent called out to the ref to watch the hold your letting it happen every play. Which it was true this was happening. The boys father explained that his son could get hurt because while being held, another player could hit him. The holding even went so far that the northern player ended up lying on top of the boy so he wouldn't get past him. I will admit that the man became angree because of it. I guess my question would be why they allow refs to pick favorites on the field. I can't blame the father of that Oakhill player for being upset. Seems there is to much power being give to Refs who openly cheat for a team. The more I write the more thats how I feel about it. It was so in the open they had to see it happening.
Impressed NOT

Somerset, KY

#2 Aug 27, 2011
Amazed and Saddened wrote:
You know I sat at the grid today and watched an upset parent be told to leave the game. It seems he was trying to protect his son from being hurt because the Refs were allowing the other team hold his son on every play. The parent called out to the ref to watch the hold your letting it happen every play. Which it was true this was happening. The boys father explained that his son could get hurt because while being held, another player could hit him. The holding even went so far that the northern player ended up lying on top of the boy so he wouldn't get past him. I will admit that the man became angree because of it. I guess my question would be why they allow refs to pick favorites on the field. I can't blame the father of that Oakhill player for being upset. Seems there is to much power being give to Refs who openly cheat for a team. The more I write the more thats how I feel about it. It was so in the open they had to see it happening.
sometimes.... It amazes me what grown adults can come up with in their OWN HEADS! The refs...picking a team to favor! Please! Maybe there was something to be penalized for, but you sound soooo ridicoulos getting on topix trying to stir a pot of SH-T!!
Amazed and Saddened

Brodhead, KY

#3 Aug 27, 2011
Impressed NOT wrote:
<quoted text>
sometimes.... It amazes me what grown adults can come up with in their OWN HEADS! The refs...picking a team to favor! Please! Maybe there was something to be penalized for, but you sound soooo ridicoulos getting on topix trying to stir a pot of SH-T!!
LOL you should learn how to read. The problem was not calling the penalty. The young man was being held almost every play. Just goes to show how some folks dont bother to read before they shoot off their typing fingers. Stir a pot you say. Seems you need a new spoon as well.
Bully Guy

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Aug 27, 2011
Amazed and Saddened wrote:
<quoted text>LOL you should learn how to read. The problem was not calling the penalty. The young man was being held almost every play. Just goes to show how some folks dont bother to read before they shoot off their typing fingers. Stir a pot you say. Seems you need a new spoon as well.
What game was this? Pee wee, junior, senior?
ur clueless

London, KY

#5 Aug 27, 2011
its not a holding penalty when they knock the kid to the ground and lay on him. Thats the problem, dumb ass parents dont know the rules and when their little johnny gets knocked down they act like a dumb ass and get thrown out of the game. Thats what coaches are for to cpmplain about holding penalties not the parents. They should ban most parents from little league games.

Kudos to the ref that threw out the angry parent.
I am a DA parent

United States

#6 Aug 27, 2011
ur clueless wrote:
its not a holding penalty when they knock the kid to the ground and lay on him. Thats the problem, dumb ass parents dont know the rules and when their little johnny gets knocked down they act like a dumb ass and get thrown out of the game. Thats what coaches are for to cpmplain about holding penalties not the parents. They should ban most parents from little league games.
Kudos to the ref that threw out the angry parent.
Let talk about clueless knocking someone down and falling on them is not illegal, however, knocking someone down and lying on them in a way that stops them from getting up is called holding. So just so I am clear whos the dumbass. Oh if your a ref look it up in your hand book, because you must not know to much about the sport. Any time you stop another player by grasp that does not have the ball this is holding. If you knock, push, trow someone to the groung and lay on them it is holding. Oh and so you know I have lived eaten and breathed football all my life. My father made a living wearing the black and white. Read the first post again. The writer said it had gone to the point that the other player would knock him down and then lay on him. They should ban stupid people from reproducing. Lean the language and the learn to read.
I am a DA parent

United States

#7 Aug 27, 2011
Sorry for the type-o's but you get the point.
Amazed and Saddened

Brodhead, KY

#8 Aug 28, 2011
Oh boy more posts. Well to be clear if I can. When I said angree I did not mean fighting angree or cursing at the ref angry. The man yelled out to the ref to watch the holding he did not degrade anyone or call him names. He more or less brought it to the ref attention. But honestly would you sit by and watch your child be put in danger of injury because another player was not playing fairly, and wouldn't you say something. I think most of us would. Oh and yes there are refs right here in Pulaski county who pick there favorite teams and you are clearly mistaken if you believe otherwise. To answer another question I think the game was the Junior game.
ur clueless

London, KY

#10 Aug 28, 2011
well iam not a ref nor would i be. But that said i do not yell at refs either. It pisses me off to go watch my nephew play and have to endure dumb ass parents yelling at the refs. If they want better refs then fork out $30.00 a game for admission and then they can afford to pay college and pro refs. There is what three or four refs and 22 players and you want them to see everything.

And to answer your question if it was my son that was in danger would i yell at the refs? my answer is HELL NO. If my kid was in danger i would pull them off the field.

Kudos to the people that removed a poor sported parent from the field. This needs to be done more often.
I am a DA parent

Brodhead, KY

#11 Aug 28, 2011
So then I guess expecting a ref to be professional on the field is to much to ask. They are the one that chose their profession not the parent. If they take the field then they should be held accountable for doing their job no matter what league of foot ball they are working. They are responsible for the safety of every player on the field. If you are willing to settle for less than that you are in for what you get. There are rules the ref has to follow just to step on to the field and if they are not willing to meet those rules and regs then they, the refs, dont belong on the field. With that said if a ref can't take a little yelling from fans or parent then they need to rethink their line of work, because its part of the game. If you are a fan and it bothers you to see people get loud at a game then don't go. I have never been to a ball game and not heard some one tell the ump he need glasses or that someone was out or safe. Its part of the game. We are not talking fan riots or on the field killings here. Just someone getting loud because a ref wasn't doing his job.
ur clueless

London, KY

#12 Aug 28, 2011
So you are saying its appropriate for a fan or parent to yell at the refs in a little league game.Because if you are then you really are a DA parent.Did you ever stop for a minute to think about the "little eyes" that are watching these people. Oh I see, according to you its just part of the game. Give me a break. You know you are right it has become a part of the game. And that is where the problem lies... its become acceptable.

So kudos to the ones that threw out this parent. Maybe if they start throwing more parents out for yelling, the yelling will stop, and impressional little kids wont have to witness this unspotsmanship behavior. Furthermore I and people like me can go watch the games in peace.

You see when I go to these little league games I just enjoy watching all the little kids play. I enjoy it when the other teams little guys run in a touchdown.
I am a DA parent

Elgin, TX

#13 Aug 28, 2011
I to enjoy the game but refuse to turn a blind eye to dangerous behavior by an adult that is supose to protect the little ones who are playing. We are not talking about someone who was yelling the entire game, as I understand it it was a single event in the course of the game. Not some ongoing rant. If it were I can understand your point of view. But if you think that a parent should just sit there mindless to there child being beat down due to unfair practices of a so called professioal then you must be a member of a flock of sheep. I for one think as long as its non violent and no threats were made then someone letting a ref know his conduct is being watched then more power to them.
I am a DA parent

Elgin, TX

#14 Aug 28, 2011
Oh and to add we are talking about somone yelling to the ref not at him as I read it he yelled to the ref to watch the holds. So does this make a person a dumbass as you write. Really does it oh the poor children might see someone stand up for right we can't have that lets not let them think thay may one one day have to fin for themselves in a world of sheep. I for one will stand not bend. This world is not soft and fuzzy its harsh. Oh but they are just kids we have to shelter them. Wrong show your kids the real world so they don't end up being sheep themselves. Just educate them. This person was trying to do right by his child. So what if a little noise would bother you. You would pull your child out and deprive him of his dream to play football before you would speak out for him. Sheep go to slotter. Not me and not mine. I would fight to the death for my child. Yes it is supose to be fun for the child but if he is getting beat down unfairly you would rather punish him than make a stand in his behalf. Damn glad you were not my dad.
ur clueless

East Bernstadt, KY

#15 Aug 29, 2011
and i am glad your not my son. I would hate to think i raised such a dumb ass.
Traveler

Somerset, KY

#16 Aug 30, 2011
I was also at the games, and the refs must not know the rules. It is a penalty to use your hands on offense when blocking, however, the offensive players were allowed to grab jerseys and even tackle a defensive player when blocking.....I saw it on most every play....
bobby boucher

Somerset, KY

#17 Aug 30, 2011
Only thing worse than the refs was the dang announcer. what a jerk!! Harry Carey wanna be.
Traveler

Somerset, KY

#18 Aug 31, 2011
bobby boucher wrote:
Only thing worse than the refs was the dang announcer. what a jerk!! Harry Carey wanna be.
I thought the same thing! HA!
hillbilly

Manchester, KY

#19 Aug 31, 2011
Go Nancy!!!!! Wahooo!!!!
pcf

Maysville, KY

#20 Sep 2, 2011
do you want the refs to call every call? they are little leagues (learning fundamentals)- if you want the calls to be made there will be no game playing.
TAKE THE COMPLAINTS TO THE COACHES! OBVIOUSLY THEY ARE NOT TEACHING THE KIDS TO PLAY CORRECTLY!
the refs devote a lot of time and enjoy the sport as much as you as a parent does, they help coach your kid as well. talk to the coaches, talk to your child. remember this is little league refs call more as the boys get older...could you imagine calling every little wrong move on the pee wee's ---- come on people
(PCYFL Parents Grow Up and Coaches Coach!)

Since: Jan 09

Corbin, KY

#21 Sep 3, 2011
I am a referee, I just worked 3 straight gms in 90 plus degrees heat. Am I going to get rich working these gms? Don't think so. Do I get off on parents yelling at me because all they ever watch is little Johnny, while my partner and I have to watch 21 other little johnnies. No. It is not illegal for kids to lie on top of another kid as long as he's not grabbing and holding him down. I felt very lightheaded out there today, but I know I couldn't leave because of the heat and it being the holiday weekend no other refs wanted to deal with the parents so I stayed. What keeps me coming back? The kids. They are so much fun to be around and that's why I do it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 22 min Trouser Cough 21,481
What can u eat to make you poop! (Oct '08) 36 min voter14 287
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 48 min ChromiuMan 131,396
Somerset mayor, Keck or Girdler? 49 min just me 124
Ebola, fema camps, economy collapse, marshal la... 50 min voter14 11
4 word game (Jan '09) 1 hr Princess Hey 1,904
slmc 1 hr oldleather 3
County Judge-Exec 4 hr Westwood 162
Somerset Dating
Find my Match

Somerset Jobs

Somerset People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Somerset News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Somerset

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]