Help....car needs a bath

Help....car needs a bath

Posted in the Somerset Forum

Missthang

Pella, IA

#1 Jan 13, 2013
My car is dirty and gross, where's the best place in Somerset to get it detailed?
Missthang

Pella, IA

#3 Jan 13, 2013
Really,...looking for good answers, not "Smort asses".
John

London, KY

#4 Jan 13, 2013
Paul's Car wash and detail shop did a great job with my dirty Toyota. Great price too.
Missthang

Pella, IA

#5 Jan 13, 2013
How much was it John?

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#7 Jan 14, 2013
In warm weather , I'm the best - Call me in May -(we may be thawed out by then)-
Missthang

Pella, IA

#8 Jan 14, 2013
Really looking for an insured, professional business, not a "i do it out of my garage" kind of deal.

Level 8

Location hidden

#9 Jan 14, 2013
Missthang wrote:
Really looking for an insured, professional business, not a "i do it out of my garage" kind of deal.
Depends on the level of work you need - Never heard of clean up shop insurance - Garage liability , maybe - But , why take a style ride to a garage for a detailin'?- Too many pros out there for that - Hope you find someone that satisfies - I prefer one at a time so as to spend the extra time makin' sure that every corner is done right -
just me

United States

#11 Jan 16, 2013
Sounds like someone is looking to sue a detailer, why else would it matter if they are insured or not. The best detail jobs i ever got (where all my stuff was still in the car) was in someones garage.

Level 8

Location hidden

#12 Jan 16, 2013
just me wrote:
Sounds like someone is looking to sue a detailer, why else would it matter if they are insured or not. The best detail jobs i ever got (where all my stuff was still in the car) was in someones garage.
Right - My old customers still call - Prefer doin' them outdoors , if the weather cooperates -
John

London, KY

#13 Jan 16, 2013
Paul's did the works for $85..
2cent

London, KY

#15 Jan 17, 2013
yeah I like Paul's too.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#16 Jan 17, 2013
With all the rain we've had in the past week, mine look like they've been put through a car wash already.(The insides? Not so much).....

I'll wait to take mine in for a detailing again when the weather starts to turn nice in a few months. I usually wait until Spring to do it every year.

Last spring I ran across a car wash place in Burnside. It's between the BP,(Valero now I think?), station and Guthries. They did an awesome job.

I have one big vehicle and it was pretty dusty inside. The leather upholstery needed treated, dash and such needed shined up, dog snot nose prints were on almost all of the windows, dog hair everywhere, etc.
(Honestly, I was pretty embarrassed how it looked and I told them so before they started. But they said they'd seen OH SO MUCH worse, hehe). Really nice people there.

Anyway, they got it all done quickly, perfectly, and at a very reasonable $100.00 plus tip, inside and out. I didn't find a single missed spot either. They even shampooed the carpets. It looked brand new when they were finished. I'll use them again and again in the future.

Yep, real nice folks there. I couldn't have been more pleased.
Vetteman

Pella, IA

#17 Jan 17, 2013
I use Diamond-Detailing to clean my old hotrods. They're insured(important if they pick-up and deliver) and probably have the nicest facility in Somerset. Plus, you get a quality job for a good price.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#18 Jan 17, 2013
Where is this Diamond Detailing located?
Thanks.
Vetteman

Pella, IA

#19 Jan 18, 2013
They're located downtown on south richardson drive(street beside video-video).
unckel kracker

London, KY

#20 Jan 18, 2013
i was your care for 5.00
Missthang

Barbourville, KY

#21 Jan 19, 2013
Huh?

“Taste great in milk!”

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

#22 Jan 21, 2013
The BunnyMobile has a winter, and a summer coat, but it does shed in the spring and fall.
Missthang

Barbourville, KY

#24 Jan 23, 2013
Ok guys, finally got my car cleaned. Thanks for all the input. After checking out some detail shops and asking around, i decided to go with Diamond Detailing. Vetteman was right when he said it was the nicest facility in Somerset. Some of the other places were real scroungy looking(not emplying they do bad work, just thinking a place that cleans, should be clean). Anyway, Diamond is insured, has security system and security cameras. Plus, my car looks like new again and the price was great. highly recommend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fire at Kroger 9 min Dude 3
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 1 hr Rickster-- 36,843
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Paul 166,312
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 2 hr Gunslinger45 13,660
Sick of you John whang! 2 hr Forsure 1
anti-vaxers are so stupid... 2 hr Buck Nekkid 3
Budget inn 3 hr Concerned citizen 1

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance