Restaurants that take EBT cards "food...
Tyler Durden

Brodhead, KY

#716 Jun 25, 2013
DownOnMyLuck wrote:
What I find most absurd about most these negative replies:
"Sure you are. But pay with your own money, not mine." And the other similar *us & them* comments
Because nobody on food stamps has paid a penny into the system?
And obviously you have never been in this predicament Kick. Homeless shelters are a joke @ best. At least the three near me. None offer meals hot, cold or otherwise and there are no open beds for males.
Soup kitchens are another great but scarce idea. Fly me to the big city then we'll talk, right now, it's a matter of using the tools I have to improvise a working plan.
It's not their money, it belongs to the government to distribute as they see fit and the constitution actually supports by the "general welfare" clause.
dee

Coeur D Alene, ID

#717 Jun 30, 2013
I'm 49 and I was hurt at the beginning of May at work. I'm on workers comp due to the injury to my shoulder. In order to make sure I have enough food for my son I was forced to go on the Idaho food stamp program. It's very embarasing but I have no other way to make all the ends meet without being able to work to make more money. So put yourselfs in a lot of us mothers places :)
Soccer

Clifton, NJ

#718 Jul 1, 2013
nacg wrote:
More job`s Not more handout`s..
Some people work an still need the assistence since I'm one of them that has a daughter an works an has no support or help so it's very helpful an iam proud my daughter doesn't go hungry thank u
Soccer

Clifton, NJ

#719 Jul 1, 2013
Kick Brass wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't. You don't read. Try again.
I agree 100% with you iam a newly single mom with no family help an the government has been helping me get on my feet I have a job but it's not enough I'm able to provide for my child food with there help I'm am oh so thankful for that
KDM

United States

#720 Jul 3, 2013
Everyone mind their own business, if you think you got the answers then run for President! The Govt knows what they are doing, don't you think this may have been thought out already... You made your choice and way of living and they on ebt made theirs... Seek Jesus Christ and mind the things of God, then you won't find room or space to judge others....
Danny

United States

#722 Jul 6, 2013
knowing wrote:
some people get government cash on ebt cards as well as just cash for food. b/c with just "food stamps" you cant buy meals at resturaunts. period.
Actually a few states you can. They permit this to homeless, elderly, disabled and a few others than cant really make a meal

“Everyone deserves a chance”

Level 3

Since: Nov 10

Bring God back N2 your life!

#723 Jul 7, 2013
Could it be that it was a credit card. I have seen some credit cards that look so close to the EBT that I thought it was too.

Also EBT cards do come with cash loaded on them as well.
Antonio

United States

#724 Jul 7, 2013
Where could i go eat with My EBT in Pasadena CA,91101

“I been hangin' on every word.”

Level 5

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#725 Jul 7, 2013
KDM wrote:
Everyone mind their own business, if you think you got the answers then run for President! The Govt knows what they are doing, don't you think this may have been thought out already... You made your choice and way of living and they on ebt made theirs... Seek Jesus Christ and mind the things of God, then you won't find room or space to judge others....
Your post suggests that you assume I or others in this thread are without Jesus--such would be considered judgment in itself.

And the government DOES know what it's doing--and a lot of the freebies it gives are targeted to harvest votes for a particular party.
CTT

London, KY

#726 Jul 8, 2013
KDM wrote:
Unfortunately their choice involves living off the blood, sweat and tears of those of us who choose to be productive and support our families.

The only value anything or anyone has lies in it's purpose. Since these blood suckers do nothing for themselves, and are actually a drag on the rest of us, they have no value. Like a dog covered in ticks it's just a matter of time till the entire system is brought down by these losers.

That being said I have no problem with the people who are truly needy getting this help, it's the healthy but lazy slackers that are unacceptable.
Byfar

Pottstown, PA

#727 Jul 14, 2013
JudgeNOT wrote:
<quoted text>
I think minding other peoples business is screwed up,myself!! So.god, if you felt so bad about the little waitress,didvyou give her a tip on the horrible peoples behalf? Btw, you DO know you're an idiot,right? EBT food benefits can NOT pay for hot food. Period. Cash benefits,or child support or ssi applied to that card can,however. Tuck your righteous wings and get smart. Oh and get some manners while you're at it!!!!
Actually, you CAN buy hot food with ebt! I've seen people but cigarettes with food stamp money, cleaning supplies and toiletries withFOOD STAMPS. People should mind business like this and I SHOULD have reported the abuse myself! I pay a lot of taxes out of my hard earned paycheck to support this crap. Basic foods should only be allowed to be purchased with ebt. Steaks and sea food AND ham are extras and should be a treat. Food stamp recipients shouldn't be eating foods like this on a weekly basis when the people paying and working can't afford these foods! It's like getting welfare is easier, so more people just resort to it, instead of actually earning basic needs.
yoyo

Doniphan, MO

#728 Jul 15, 2013
Byfar wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, you CAN buy hot food with ebt! I've seen people but cigarettes with food stamp money, cleaning supplies and toiletries withFOOD STAMPS. People should mind business like this and I SHOULD have reported the abuse myself! I pay a lot of taxes out of my hard earned paycheck to support this crap. Basic foods should only be allowed to be purchased with ebt. Steaks and sea food AND ham are extras and should be a treat. Food stamp recipients shouldn't be eating foods like this on a weekly basis when the people paying and working can't afford these foods! It's like getting welfare is easier, so more people just resort to it, instead of actually earning basic needs.
You cannot buy cigarettes and cleaning supplies with food stamps you idiot!!!!

“look up and laugh”

Level 9

Since: Jun 08

guess, where

#729 Jul 15, 2013
bad idea
Dis American

United States

#730 Jul 15, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
When someone is on govt assistance, I have no problem with why they are on it. What I DO have a problem with is seeing, as someone else said, carts full of junk food and expensive cuts of meat, seafood, things that I as a non govt supported citizen can't even afford sometimes. Many times you see them getting into brand new cars. Some wearing more gold jewelry than I even own altogether. Of course, you can't tell if the car is theirs or not, but chances are...
That's the problem I have and we all know that it's a huge problem. I saw a kid of around 18, purchase a cell phone a few months back at one of the Dollar General stores. Then he paid for two %20.00 prepaid phone cards, cash mind you.(I think they were $20.00 ones, it's been a while back now) Anyway, he THEN proceeded to pull out an EBT card to buy two bags of powdered donuts, four candy bars, and some soda pops.
I don't "spy" on what people use to pay for their purchases with on a normal day, but the cashier was having trouble ringing up his order and I was stuck directly behind this kid. I couldn't help but notice...
I've hit hard times and had to sell things to get by. I know how to survive without an EBT card. I'd like to think that if I needed it, they would grant one to me for a short period of time, but I'd probably have too many assets. Sometimes it just doesn't pay to live responsibly, does it??
Ok, before you people out there get so defensive, why don`t you read it from me, an actual disabled American. I was forced to go on disability due to my illness and I had a Damn good job. I will not WILL NOT tolerate this shallow mind BS. I am NOT living the way I want to live. I cannot help what I am going through, I JUST FACE IT HEAD ON AND WORK PART TIME WHEN I CAN GET A JOB !!!! YOU DON`T know my situation, I don`t know yours. SO QUIT JUDGING PEOPLE. It doesn`t make your life better nor does it make mine or anyone elses. Unless you KNOW everything about everyone, BACK OFF AND LEAVE THOSE THAT YOU DON`T know ALONE. Live and let live.
Dis American

United States

#731 Jul 15, 2013
dee wrote:
I'm 49 and I was hurt at the beginning of May at work. I'm on workers comp due to the injury to my shoulder. In order to make sure I have enough food for my son I was forced to go on the Idaho food stamp program. It's very embarasing but I have no other way to make all the ends meet without being able to work to make more money. So put yourselfs in a lot of us mothers places :)
Yes Maam, you are a Prime Example of what I was trying to explain to the shallow people that LIKE TO JUDGE. They don`t know the situations we go through and it seems they don`t care. I applaud anyone who has no choice but to play the cards that life deals for you. All that you can do is what you are able to do. Believe in yourself and DO NOT LET THE SHALLOW AND JUDGEMENTAL PEOPLE HERE NOR ANYWHERE MAKE YOU FEEL LESS THAN THE PERSON YOU WORKED HARD TO BE IN THIS SHORT LIFE. Our world is NOT ending, but MAN in the power seat are bringing ALL OF OUR LIFE AS WE KNOW IT TO AN END WITH POWER AND GREED !!!! YES I ATTACK THE RICH BECAUSE MOST OF THEM HAVE NEVER BEEN POOR. UNTIL ALL OF THE LOFTY PEOPLE OUT THERE ACTUALLY GROW UP AND CARE ABOUT SOMEONE BESIDES THEIR MONEY, KEEP YOUR G**D**N OPINIONS TO YOURSELVES !!!! WE ARE ALL TAXPAYERS SO S.T.F.U. AND GROW UP !!!! THE WORLD DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND SHALLOW AND JUDGEMENTAL PEOPLE !!!! BACK OFF, LIVE AND LET LIVE AND TO EACH THEIR OWN !!!!
Dis American

United States

#732 Jul 15, 2013
WE ALL NEED A MAJOR DECREASE OF SHALLOW, JUDGEMENTAL AND GREEDY PEOPLE !!!!!! Go live in your Luxuries and Drown in your Money and Expensive Possessions. Don`t pick on the Disabled when a lot of the So-Called Higher People out THERE CHEAT THE SYSTEM !!!! I HAVE SEEN ALL OF THE FAVORITISM AND FASCISM THAT PEOPLE IN CORPORATE AMERICA DISH OUT, NOW ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. Not only do they cheat those of us that are HONEST AND NOT UP TO THEIR SO-CALLED HIGHER STANDARDS, BUT THEY ALSO CHEAT EACH OTHER AS WELL !!!! Just wait, KARMA - WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND AND BITES YOU HARDER THAN YOU COULD EVER DREAM !!!!!! I SCOFF AT YOUR APATHY AND IGNORANCE !!!!
Dis American

United States

#733 Jul 15, 2013
kara wrote:
<quoted text>...wow you should not judge someone people work so many hours for the food Stamps they should be able to buy and eat wherever and where ever they want we don't get it for free we work for it!
Kara is making a lot of sense there SLM. STOP JUDGING PEOPLE !!!!! You ARE NOT GOD !!!!
CTT

London, KY

#734 Jul 18, 2013
Dis American wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, before you people out there get so defensive, why don`t you read it from me, an actual disabled American. I was forced to go on disability due to my illness and I had a Damn good job. I will not WILL NOT tolerate this shallow mind BS. I am NOT living the way I want to live. I cannot help what I am going through, I JUST FACE IT HEAD ON AND WORK PART TIME WHEN I CAN GET A JOB !!!! YOU DON`T know my situation, I don`t know yours. SO QUIT JUDGING PEOPLE. It doesn`t make your life better nor does it make mine or anyone elses. Unless you KNOW everything about everyone, BACK OFF AND LEAVE THOSE THAT YOU DON`T know ALONE. Live and let live.
If your story is true you are welcome to the money. If not you're just another useless slacker!

You are not who we're discussing so calm down, turn off the caps, and find another hobby if this one's gonna give you heart palpatations.
HOUSTON MAN

Houston, TX

#735 Jul 18, 2013
I have worked every week of my life since graduating college except for one week between jobs, untill now. I turned 60 recently and was let go do to no fault of my own. I have been unemployed for 33 months and have given up on ever finding another job in my field. I ran out of unemployment and I a so thankful for the Food assistance my family of 4 is receiving. It has been unbelievably difficult finding a job now I am 60. Experience does not matter anymore when companies know they can hire a recent graduate and pay them a lot less than they think I would require. It is so frustrating and I think Feed Assistance is such a blessing. I hope this helps those who think food stamps are for a bunch of losers understand that some people have not got a choice and wish they could work like they always have.
HOUSTON MAN

Houston, TX

#736 Jul 18, 2013
33 months was a typo, it should have been 23 months.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 10 min Paul 164,706
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 39 min Hatti_Hollerand 36,288
Mike Sewell 1 hr Lmao 13
Why isn't Mike Sewell in jail 2 hr Karma 1
New Veterans Clinic 3 hr carrollEstes 5
jaime lundy petrey 5 hr me 2
Culvers possibly closing next month 6 hr Culvers worker 18

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages