Restaurants that take EBT cards "food...
dreamsofchange

United States

#391 Mar 8, 2012
Foodstamps are something called support for people who are having a rough time making it while supporting themselves or a family. If you have never been in a situation where you needed help, you have no right to judge. Think - why would there be a large number of people need help? Is it because their school system is crap which robs them of tools to success? or is it because the rich dont pay the working class what it really would take to take care of themselves? What YOU people need to be doing is research for yourself and stop listening to the rich guy complain about how much the poor are a burden. Find out what really is going on in different populations and step out of your closed minds!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Level 3

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#392 Mar 8, 2012
dreamsofchange

Helloooooo!
I have been an eligibility worker for food stamps for 25 years!!!!
I think I might have a clue about what is going on.
I have done my 'research'.
Where do you get your informaion from?
What is your research?????

“I been hangin' on every word.”

Level 5

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#393 Mar 8, 2012
dreamsofchange wrote:
Foodstamps are something called support for people who are having a rough time making it while supporting themselves or a family. If you have never been in a situation where you needed help, you have no right to judge. Think - why would there be a large number of people need help? Is it because their school system is crap which robs them of tools to success? or is it because the rich dont pay the working class what it really would take to take care of themselves? What YOU people need to be doing is research for yourself and stop listening to the rich guy complain about how much the poor are a burden. Find out what really is going on in different populations and step out of your closed minds!
Stop speaking and start reading. Half the posts here are people saying they want the needy to get help, and those who cheat and lie to get benefits to be stopped. The other half is people whining about being judged.

The only way our words could offend you is if you are one of the ones who cheat the system.

Level 5

Location hidden

#394 Mar 8, 2012
What YOU people need to be doing is research for yourself and stop listening to the rich guy complain about how much the poor are a burden. Find out what really is going on in different populations and step out of your closed minds!
This is hilarious considering the only person who actually works for the system and knows of the abuse is disagreeing with you.
Level 3

Location hidden

#395 Mar 9, 2012
Kick Brass wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop speaking and start reading. Half the posts here are people saying they want the needy to get help, and those who cheat and lie to get benefits to be stopped. The other half is people whining about being judged.
The only way our words could offend you is if you are one of the ones who cheat the system.
Sounds to me more like one who supports the system, upper management.
They get good money, do not have any direct customer contact, and think they know what is going on at the local level.

I see they are actually questioning the wisdom of letting millionaires (by lump sums)get food stamps.
In our county one family got $600,000, quit their jobs and got food stamps and medical, clean as a whistle, no need to hide anything.

I had a woman a few days ago who just got $2400 tax refund, and was fuming made because we would't pay her electic termination. She couldn't believe we expected her to use her money to pay that bill.

And this type of thing is a regular occurance.
HDP

Vine Grove, KY

#396 Mar 9, 2012
I lost my job in December and I get $200 a week in unemployment and $200 a month in food stamps. If I want to grab a sandwich at Subway why shouldn't I be able to do so with my EBT card? Food is food and I need the meager amount of cash I receive from my unemployment benefits to pay bills and get other essential items. Food is food. Don't judge until you've been in those shoes.
Level 3

Location hidden

#397 Mar 9, 2012
Yeah, eating at restaurants really stretches the food dollar.

Why does anyone bother to shop at grocery stores.

My wife and I are just stupid.

We should just eat at restaurants all of the time.
Stupid us think it is a special treat, and do it once a week, since we both work full time.

~~
This is the mentality I deal with every day.

"I barely have enough money to pay my bills, so I'll use food stamps to eat at restaurants. Then I'll have more money to pay bills."
Level 3

Location hidden

#398 Mar 9, 2012
As a matter of fact, we ate at
Subway just last evening, meatball with cheese.

I bougth one, and we split it, watching our budget and didn't want to buy two 12".
I'm just a real fool.

Level 5

Location hidden

#399 Mar 9, 2012
HDP wrote:
I lost my job in December and I get $200 a week in unemployment and $200 a month in food stamps. If I want to grab a sandwich at Subway why shouldn't I be able to do so with my EBT card?
The same reason my parents made me order off the dollar menu at Mcdonalds: because FAST FOOD IS EXPENSIVE and when you are spending SOMEONE ELSE'S MONEY you are beholden to them to at least be good stewards of money that was never yours.
mom in nc

United States

#401 Mar 10, 2012
With an EBT card you can go to papa murphys pizza and buy pizza salads and soda. You can go to sams wholesale deli and buy a fully cooked rack of ribs, that is then refridgerated. As well as many other meals the same way. Harris teeter also has a deli special with fully cooked items that you take home and reheat. Many of Americans have recently fallen on hard times and need help for their children. God is the only judge that we need to worry about. The government takes money out of my paycheck and it goes to support these ppl. My issue is when an American citizen has a harder time getting help then the immigrant who comes here seasonally to work.
Diane

Indianapolis, IN

#402 Mar 10, 2012
justme wrote:
This isn't in Somerset but I know of a pizza place that lets ppl buy unbaked pizzas with foodstamps. You go in and order just like you would any pizza place and they put it all together, they just don't bake it. So yep some how restaurants can work around those rules. I know in the stores you can't buy hot food out of the deli with fs but you can cold stuff..so maybe that's it. And I've also heard of stores in somerset that let some people buy cigs and gas with foodstamps, not the cash on it. They just ring the amount up as food.
Papa Murphy's pizza will take EBT cause they don't cook it. anything not hot CAN be purchased on EBT just like when you go to walmart and try to buy some food from the deli they won't let you however you go when the deli closes they package all the cooked food and mark them for sale then and only then can you get the deli food.
whattttt

London, KY

#404 Mar 11, 2012
WORKFAIR,,, NOT WELFAIR....
jealous whinners

Mount Vernon, KY

#405 Mar 11, 2012
Huh wrote:
No restaurant is able to accept EBT cards. It's not possible. Some people do receive money (not welfare checks) on EBT cards. Oh, and of course one of the credit cards, I'm not sure which one, has a flag background that resembles the food stamp card. I don't know why you find it your business to look so hard at someone elses credit card though. I have heard of some of the stores ran by foreigners ringing up gas and cigarettes as grocery and charging it to EBT card.
We need gas and smokes too, whaTs it too YOU. Soon the wealth of this nation will be spread out anyway!(occupy movement anyone?)
tisnick

Portland, OR

#407 Mar 19, 2012
justme wrote:
This isn't in Somerset but I know of a pizza place that lets ppl buy unbaked pizzas with foodstamps. You go in and order just like you would any pizza place and they put it all together, they just don't bake it. So yep some how restaurants can work around those rules. I know in the stores you can't buy hot food out of the deli with fs but you can cold stuff..so maybe that's it. And I've also heard of stores in somerset that let some people buy cigs and gas with foodstamps, not the cash on it. They just ring the amount up as food.
It's called Papa Murphy's Pizza. I was laid off by the State of Oregon. I paid taxes and I don't feel sorry at all for using taxes given back to me as food stamps to feed my family. I didn't want to fund thousands dying in War, but that's what we got. Give me my Papa John's Pizza. Do you think we should get laid off to feed capitalism and war but let Americans wanting to work starve? Yeah, you're a real American, American my ass.

Level 5

Location hidden

#408 Mar 19, 2012
tisnick wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called Papa Murphy's Pizza. I was laid off by the State of Oregon. I paid taxes and I don't feel sorry at all for using taxes given back to me as food stamps to feed my family. I didn't want to fund thousands dying in War, but that's what we got. Give me my Papa John's Pizza. Do you think we should get laid off to feed capitalism and war but let Americans wanting to work starve? Yeah, you're a real American, American my ass.
I've never seen anyone die because they didn't get enough Papa Johns. Welfare is a handout so you can survive, and should have no other purpose. You make me sick.
Irritated

United States

#409 Mar 31, 2012
nacg wrote:
<quoted text> Because WE as working Tax paying True AMERICAN fought for this COUNTRY people have had it with a bunch of I`LL not do nothing but you give me everything .. You all show shame on yourself .. your family .. and your country.. God Bless The USA..

Let me say 1st... God bless you as well... Also may you never fall on hard times or need a hand up! I am a part of a family of 4 who recieves food stamps and I will have you know that my family and I are NOT and NEVER will be "I'll not do nothing but you give me everything" people. WE are "WORKING TAX PAYING TRUE AMERICANS" just as yourself. You see we have seasonal jobs due to where we live ( not many travel to the lake in the winter in MO.) Therefore when we are living on $164/week during the winter months we get FS and I wiill tell you right here and now... I am NOT and NEVER will be ashamed of myself, my family or my country for it! We pay our taxes like everyone else in the hopes that when/if we need that hand up the government, hopefully will not have blown all my money put in on private plans and lavish vacations, and they can give me some back when I need it. If anyone should be ashamed of themselves its you, for judging others when you yourself are not perfect. You should probably be ashamed of that wonderful grammer that you used as well while, disrespecting people whom you don't know. Please be sure to step out of your glass house before throwing your next stone!
Just Wondering

Bolivar, MO

#410 Apr 4, 2012
I have a simple solution to this problem. if you don't work you don't eat. It's what the first colonist in this country did.
Mindful

Kingsland, GA

#411 Apr 4, 2012
yes wrote:
<quoted text>
Bless you and your family. You don't have to explain anything to these judgemental jerks.
Amen to that. People dont realize when they are quick to judge it comes back on them. Most of the opinions about people recieving government assistance comes from politicians slamming it....I would love for anyone of these judgemental people to live a life of poverty for a week and see how easy it seems to just climb out of the ditch. Food for thought: see the world for what it is and not for what you wish it to be.
well

United States

#412 Apr 4, 2012
It's different when you actually NEED foodstamps,.I am a single , young, mother of 3. I work as a full time mommy! I do not take advantage of the system, i use my stamps to provide food for my family. Not everyone is out to sale their stamps for drugs, or money, but just bc some do everyone is looked down on that uses goverment assistance. My main focus in life is to make sure my babies are taken care of! Not everyone in life is delt a good hand, and it really is a blessing that i am receiving help...

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#413 Apr 4, 2012
Mindful wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen to that. People dont realize when they are quick to judge it comes back on them. Most of the opinions about people recieving government assistance comes from politicians slamming it....I would love for anyone of these judgemental people to live a life of poverty for a week and see how easy it seems to just climb out of the ditch. Food for thought: see the world for what it is and not for what you wish it to be.
There is a great quote whirling around FaceBook. It reads:
"Place members of the senate and congress on minimum wage, then see how quickly things turn around".

How very true this is..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 19 min ChromiuMan 166,396
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 51 min Hatti_Hollerand 36,835
Chad, Where Art Thou? 5 hr FiddleDeeDee 1
Virgin Wanted 6 hr kitty kat slap 5
Question about UGN. (Nov '11) 8 hr neighbor 8
eclipse glasses 12 hr Solar one 4
Grace Marie Martin has Warts 13 hr That_crazy 5

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages