Restaurants that take EBT cards "food...
Big spoonie

Fort Worth, TX

#218 Oct 16, 2011
hmmm wrote:
you people that seem to have attitudes about people that get help from the state are judgmental and ungreatful for what u have. i seem to have a prob with people getting something for free. u seem to think they are getting ... Etc
In respectfully replying to your post I would like to first make a mention of your unmatched ability to text what you are saying. Now, I would like to start my rebuttal with this: if you need the help then please take advantage of the programs which are available. But with these benefits should come some responsibility. I am a college educated male working as an aircraft mechanic and working as an overnight cleark at a convience store so I may provide a roof over my wife and children's head andmeet my financial obligations. Between my wife's full time job and both of my jobs we barely bring in 50K. So yes when I see some teenage kids (some may be in their early 20s) come into the store where I work at and proceed to purchase energy drinks, sodas, candy, among other treats then they have te gall to yell at me when the EBT card does not pay for something I tend to take issue with that.
Wayne

Kansas City, MO

#219 Oct 17, 2011
For the people bitching out there.

I understand people abuse the system. usually because they are lazy and greedy. greedy/lazy people will always find a way to Abuse any system for personal gain.

I spend almost all my money on rent, bills and gas. I NEED EBT/Food Stamps, just to stay alive in my impoverished area.

BTW, you can buy pizza'z at Papa Murphys with ebt, normally I never have the money for a pizza so every two months I'll buy one
ebt customer

Somerset, KY

#220 Oct 17, 2011
anyone know of any liqour stores that accept ebt? i know i can buy near beer at kroger with ebt and it's the same price as real beer so i assume one can buy real beer too. right?
dpt

United States

#221 Oct 21, 2011
I personally get foodstamps and I do buy shrimp and high price food but only if I have a coupon to go along with it. Also I agree in drug testing people to make it fair for those who really need it and not those who will misuse it for their addiction. Don't always judge people :)
Ummm

United States

#222 Oct 22, 2011
Im irritated that someone would give a damn about what someone else buys with foodstamps.. U forget that they have a certain amount to go over n if they use it on whatever they want then so be it ,im sure u would do the same if u had that chance to have any food your heart desired.

“I been hangin' on every word.”

Level 5

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#223 Oct 22, 2011
Ummm wrote:
Im irritated that someone would give a damn about what someone else buys with foodstamps.. U forget that they have a certain amount to go over n if they use it on whatever they want then so be it ,im sure u would do the same if u had that chance to have any food your heart desired.
If you knew a panhandler was going to spend his money on nothing but booze, would you still give him $5? Probably not. In the same way, if a person is not going to be a good steward with the charity you give them, then they should not get it.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#224 Oct 22, 2011
Kick Brass wrote:
<quoted text>
If you knew a panhandler was going to spend his money on nothing but booze, would you still give him $5?
If he promised to share, I would. In fact, I have.

“Walk With Me In Hell”

Level 3

Since: Oct 11

Hell, Norway

#225 Oct 22, 2011
Kick Brass wrote:
<quoted text>
If you knew a panhandler was going to spend his money on nothing but booze, would you still give him $5? Probably not. In the same way, if a person is not going to be a good steward with the charity you give them, then they should not get it.
Brother, my opinion is this, Most all people do not mind helping out the less fortunate. But they do take offense when those that you are helping, do nothing to help themselves.

Government assistance was not set up to raise families off of. It was formed as a helping hand, something to use to get by on until you find gainful employment. Problem is now, most do not have any pride in themselves to work and do what it takes, its too easy to ask for gimme stamps and other entitlements, even if they can work the next day. Its much easier to set on your ass and draw em, than have a job making minimum wage, and earn more than what they give you.

I think if you can get by on what they offer you, you can survive on a job making minimum wage. You will receive more by working, than by drawing.

Level 5

Location hidden

#226 Oct 23, 2011
I like the idea of a hand-up instead of a hand-out. Sound byte maybe, but it makes sense along with teaching a man to fish, etc.
Level 3

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#227 Oct 24, 2011
-SATAN 64- wrote:
<quoted text>Brother, my opinion is this, Most all people do not mind helping out the less fortunate. But they do take offense when those that you are helping, do nothing to help themselves.
Government assistance was not set up to raise families off of. It was formed as a helping hand, something to use to get by on until you find gainful employment. Problem is now, most do not have any pride in themselves to work and do what it takes, its too easy to ask for gimme stamps and other entitlements, even if they can work the next day. Its much easier to set on your ass and draw em, than have a job making minimum wage, and earn more than what they give you.
I think if you can get by on what they offer you, you can survive on a job making minimum wage. You will receive more by working, than by drawing.
Some families get MORE on social service benefits, then their neighbors working two minimum wage jobs (two parents).
I do the benefits calculations, I know what I'm talking about.
It is easier to not work, and let someone else pay the bills.
dot dot wow

Federal Way, WA

#228 Oct 25, 2011
haha yea..and for someone who is sooo patriotic tell me why almost 75% of our armed forces families use ebt and govornment sponsored food assistance programs..they should get looked down on? youre stupid.

Level 5

Location hidden

#229 Oct 25, 2011
dot dot wow wrote:
haha yea..and for someone who is sooo patriotic tell me why almost 75% of our armed forces families use ebt and govornment sponsored food assistance programs..they should get looked down on? youre stupid.
Source please.
Level 3

Location hidden

#230 Oct 26, 2011
Here is an interesting source for related information: http://www.military.com/news/article/more-tro...

I do not see any idication that anywhere near 75% of the armed forces are on food stamps.

Some things worth noting:
Combat pay does not count for food stamp purposes.

The military (active and retired) do receive fringe benefits, that do not have a monetary value for food stamp calculation.
The food stamp usage amoung the armed forces includes retirees, who could easily be under 50 years of age, living off the modest retirement check and choosing to not work another job.
Loving foster mom

Chatsworth, GA

#231 Oct 28, 2011
custody wrote:
<quoted text>
We have custody of a family members child and we are paid kinship care
Which comes on a ebt card and we can use like a debit card it has a pin number and we can use it to get cash off of.
and some people have nice cars like me im 43 single foster mother and have food stamp card and I think that these poor children deserve to go out to eat also...please dont judge everyone...
Loving foster parent

Chatsworth, GA

#232 Oct 28, 2011
No EBT wrote:
How is this possible I was at a local Chineese Restaurant and the guy that had a table of 6 paid with a EBT card. The worst thing is the little girl that waited on his whole family received no tip. I walked out right behind them and they had a good laugh about it. How is this legal. Is the system that screwed up.
I'm a 43 yr old single foster parent, and I do have a nice car Lincoln Ls 2001 and my payments are only a $115.00 per month and it looks like a brand new car...and i do agree that some people do take advantage of the system and that does hurt us all, The young man I take care of for 8 years and still going is in a wheel chair and takes up most of my time so i have had to put my career on hold and take a lesser paying job to take care of him...and have never been on food stamps in my life until now and if we didn't have them we wouldn't have food to eat so and yes I do think it's ok to take your family to a resturant for occasionally take you and yor family out to eat especially on birthdays and such!!! please don't judge everyone....BE KIND!!!!!! you ur self may be faced with hard times some day???? Loving foster mother!!:)
Level 3

Location hidden

#233 Oct 28, 2011
"poor kids deserve to go out and eat" ??????????

When I was growing up both of my parents worked, and once a month we went out to eat.
I guess we deserved to go out more often, we just couln't afford to.
Now, children who have no income,(except tax dollars) whose parents have no income,(except tax dollars) deserve what working people can not afford.

That is part of the problem.
People who have no income of their own, and are 'poor', feel entitled to what the working people have problems affording.

No one 'deserves' to eat at a restaurant at the taxpayer's expense.
I deserve a raise every three years when my workload doubles, but I do not get it.
Such is life.

The ones who work look at the ones who never work, and see that their standard of living is about the same.
Loving foster parent

Chatsworth, GA

#234 Oct 28, 2011
dpt wrote:
I personally get foodstamps and I do buy shrimp and high price food but only if I have a coupon to go along with it. Also I agree in drug testing people to make it fair for those who really need it and not those who will misuse it for their addiction. Don't always judge people :)
Amen I do agree, with that....
hellimin

Kailua, HI

#235 Oct 28, 2011
If you want to live "high on the hog" with my $314 per month I get to feed myself, I will tell you how:
Get sick and eventually become disabled.
Lose your 3 businesses.
Lose your house you built with your own 2 hands.
Sell everything of value you own including your car that you can't drive anyway.
Rely on family members that don't have any extra expendible income either.
Go apply for any kind of assistance you can get, humiliating as it seems.

It really is quite easy to screw the american taxpayers.(tongue in cheek of course).

Best part of all: Someone judging you when you get a juicy steak and pint of Ben & Jerry's just to make your miserable life a lil better for a few hours.
mommyof2

Holly Springs, NC

#238 Nov 6, 2011
I know some of you may not understand this but a lot more goes on an EBT card now than just foodstamps. Child support money can also be put on those cards every month. I never dreamed I would need food stamps. I have a college degree and could not find a job. I have two children and working a dead end job was not doing it. I work and go to school but it's not enough. I pay taxes just like the rest of you do but I receive food stamps because I do not make enough in today's economy. My 2 year old and 6 year old act like it's Christmas when I can go to the grocery store and spend $125 a week on groceries. That's right I get enough for a family of 3 that I can only spend $125 a week on groceries. And trust me the government does not take into account car payments, gas, pull ups, clothes, shoes, school supplies or any other necessary items like Christmas. I work, pay taxes and got myself an education and am proud to be living in America but until it pays more....what else can I do?? And for those of you who say call on family..I was raised in foster care and I don't have that option...everything I have done, I have done for myself and am proud of it. I have worked every day since I was 18 even while attending school. Now one of you hard hitters please tell me what I should do to keep you off my back about having to pay with an EBT card???

Level 5

Location hidden

#239 Nov 6, 2011
mommyof2 wrote:
Now one of you hard hitters please tell me what I should do to keep you off my back about having to pay with an EBT card???
First you could learn to read the freaking thread. I'd rather not get angry about this but you really don't seem to be comprehending something very simple:

SOME PEOPLE CHEAT THE SYSTEM.

SOME PEOPLE NEED THE SYSTEM.

We are angry at the FIRST group. The SECOND group is just fine. Stop making yourself a victim; we aren't even talking to or about you. Use the assistance you need and enjoy the fact that there are enough producers to help you out in your time of need. And join us in being pissed off at those who cheat the system and make it harder for YOU to get the help you need.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News City moves forward with lawsuit against state a... 6 min ScoreCard 27
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 24 min uMoron 143,105
cheating on husband in prison... (Oct '09) 30 min Not_a_woman_Just_a 16
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 27,964
homeless gulf war veteran 14 hr friend 2
ugn suck 14 hr Weekeewakee 5
kingsford charcoal 15 hr mark 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages