First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Mia

United States

#133 Oct 9, 2012
Grady wrote:
<quoted text>
Then clearly this is your first attempt at keeping stats in a city/county that went from dry to wet because if you had experience then you would know that those things just don't happen. They are already here. So keep your stats and know that it isn't going to get any worse or better due to selling alcohol here.
I couldn't agree more! I'm really tired of people with closed minds! Funny thing is they're the first in line when a nice place to eat comes to SOMERSET!!! CHILL OUT PEOPLE!!! Lol
Westwood

Somerset, KY

#134 Oct 9, 2012
Mia wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't agree more! I'm really tired of people with closed minds! Funny thing is they're the first in line when a nice place to eat comes to SOMERSET!!! CHILL OUT PEOPLE!!! Lol
Mia,
Give us an example of a "nice place to eat in Somerset".
SMARTY

Somerset, KY

#142 Oct 9, 2012
MMAN wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I've never owned a business but I bet you one thing, if I did I would take care of my employees by doing the best I could for them and not treating them awful by paying them very little then go to the lake to get on my million dollar houseboat when they struggle to put food on the table. By the way, Unions do not tell you how to run your business, a business allows the relationship when they sign the union contract. No Union has ever twisted a business owners hand to force them to sign a Union contract. But yes, once one is signed, the business should abide by the contract. But that's far from telling someone how to run their business.
MOST PEOPLE WHOgo into buisness hope to make a profitt....i dont know too many people who say or go into buisness to make other people money...b real.......
SMARTY

Somerset, KY

#143 Oct 9, 2012
MMAN wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I've never owned a business but I bet you one thing, if I did I would take care of my employees by doing the best I could for them and not treating them awful by paying them very little then go to the lake to get on my million dollar houseboat when they struggle to put food on the table. By the way, Unions do not tell you how to run your business, a business allows the relationship when they sign the union contract. No Union has ever twisted a business owners hand to force them to sign a Union contract. But yes, once one is signed, the business should abide by the contract. But that's far from telling someone how to run their business.
u must b freaking stupid...uniopns never twisted people will to get their way......u live in utopia. or michael jacksons dreamland.......ur an idiot or never had a job.....if u want to work ..go to work ..show up..on time..every day.get paid b happy...whats ur problem with the owner makin money.....if that effects u....u jealous sob.....start ur own busness,,,,have the stresss...and worrries....then say something on herte
SMARTY

Somerset, KY

#144 Oct 9, 2012
i just luv how libs hate buisness owners..rich sobeeees....its just sad i never see poooor sobeeees libs starting their own buisnesses.... guess they cant handle the stress......give me a answer u libs.............obamas in offfice whats ur excuse for not being in charge.......dont blame bush.......
MMAN

London, KY

#145 Oct 10, 2012
SMARTY wrote:
<quoted text>MOST PEOPLE WHOgo into buisness hope to make a profitt....i dont know too many people who say or go into buisness to make other people money...b real.......
I didn't say anything regarding that SMARTY. Sure people do go into business to make money, but people work at businesses to make money as well...enough to feed their own families not just the business owner's. You speak of unions as if they are illegal when employees have the full rights guaranteed by law to form and join a union. Don't get me wrong, successful entreprenuers do need to be rewarded for their efforts but not to the extent that they live in a mansion on knob hill, have 4 cars, and toys galore while those who slave for them everyday live in run down trailers and the like. In other words, the wealth gap is way too big between them. However, unions have historically narrowed this gap and rightfully so.
SMARTY

Somerset, KY

#146 Oct 10, 2012
MMAN wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say anything regarding that SMARTY. Sure people do go into business to make money, but people work at businesses to make money as well...enough to feed their own families not just the business owner's. You speak of unions as if they are illegal when employees have the full rights guaranteed by law to form and join a union. Don't get me wrong, successful entreprenuers do need to be rewarded for their efforts but not to the extent that they live in a mansion on knob hill, have 4 cars, and toys galore while those who slave for them everyday live in run down trailers and the like. In other words, the wealth gap is way too big between them. However, unions have historically narrowed this gap and rightfully so.
sir/mam i really cannot grsp ur way of thinking,,,nor do i wish toworld of ours...seen sum stuff i liked and seen stuff i hope no one else willl have to endure...ur utopia doesnt exist where everyone has equal things,,,houses cars pretty wife...3 kids.......just doesnt happen....we can only work as hard as we can to obtain things we want....not the gov. tellin me what i can have or need tell u what to think...ive been all around this
MMAN

London, KY

#147 Oct 10, 2012
SMARTY wrote:
<quoted text>sir/mam i really cannot grsp ur way of thinking,,,nor do i wish toworld of ours...seen sum stuff i liked and seen stuff i hope no one else willl have to endure...ur utopia doesnt exist where everyone has equal things,,,houses cars pretty wife...3 kids.......just doesnt happen....we can only work as hard as we can to obtain things we want....not the gov. tellin me what i can have or need tell u what to think...ive been all around this
Who said anything about the government telling you what you can and can't have. I did nothing of the sort. I did say one thing though, employees should be able to unite together to collectively bargain with their employer if that is what they wish to do without interference from the employer to negotiate. That's a far cry from saying that the government should automatically make a business a Union. I mean that's what it is all about coming together to make a binding contract so both sides win. Oh wait, businesses don't want to be "bound" by anything. They just want to be able to do what they want to do.
i know right

Somerset, KY

#149 Oct 21, 2012
Phoenix Rising_76 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, six lanes run through Somerset. Where you been for the last decade or so?
He's been eatin!Dang!Didn't you read that laundry list of local nosh joints he rolled out?(rolled..ha!)
Beatrice

Manchester, KY

#150 Oct 21, 2012
Keep all the stats you want. Thanks heavens people here FINALLY got tired of living in Hooterville.

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#151 Oct 22, 2012
Buffalo Wild Wings or Hooters ??-
Chicken or boobs ?-
2 of one or 12 of the other ?-

Level 8

Location hidden

#152 Oct 22, 2012
Sowwy about #151 , couldn't help my little self -
honestly

Somerset, KY

#153 Oct 23, 2012
who cares it will just get ran in to the ground by lazy management and low paid methheads.
nope

Corbin, KY

#154 Oct 23, 2012
honestly wrote:
who cares it will just get ran in to the ground by lazy management and low paid methheads.
nope. it will get ran in to the ground by idiots on topix who dont know what there talking about.
honestly

London, KY

#155 Oct 24, 2012
No it will get ran in the ground by poor management. People get put in management by they kin folk and get way to comfy

Level 8

Location hidden

#156 Oct 24, 2012
Hooters - Boobs got equal rights , altho not always equal sizes -

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Immanuel 137,919
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 9 hr gladthelakeisback 26,300
Anyone ever attend the mandatory Families in Tr... (Mar '11) 13 hr control 25
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 13 hr Rose of Tralee 11,183
19 Kids and Counting 15 hr Anon 6
News I-66: The road to controversy (Jul '08) 16 hr Henry Ford 172
Play chain reaction (Sep '08) 17 hr Dickens1 12,160
More from around the web

Somerset People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]