Drunk Driving MUST stop

Posted in the Somerset Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
MADD

Tucker, GA

#1 Apr 16, 2013
Once again another young innocent person has had their life taken by another irresponsible drunk.

There's no excuse. Instead of investing so much time in "how can we get more alcohol" maybe this town needs to do a bit of alcohol education. I'm not sure if that would help but these numbers are growing daily and something needs to happen to stop it.
Preacher

Lexington, KY

#2 Apr 16, 2013
Once again, I hope the mayor and others that promote and support alcohol will attend the young man's funeral and talk about how wonderful alcohol is legally sold in the city. That should provide real comfort to the young man's family.
pore ole rodney king

Vilonia, AR

#4 Apr 16, 2013
Preacher wrote:
Once again, I hope the mayor and others that promote and support alcohol will attend the young man's funeral and talk about how wonderful alcohol is legally sold in the city. That should provide real comfort to the young man's family.
I don't see how you can justify your foolish words. What did the cause alcohol to become a legal commodity in Somerset? The people spoke. I for one am pleased that people don't have to drive nearly as far to be able to purchase and enjoy one of the things created by YHWH (no the god of this world, the one you worship and preach, didn't have anything to do with that action) to be enjoyed.

I know I'm speaking to deaf ears because it is obvious you do not believe the Holy Scriptures, more like you believe the Koran.
pore ole rodney king

Vilonia, AR

#5 Apr 16, 2013
MADD wrote:
Once again another young innocent person has had their life taken by another irresponsible drunk.
There's no excuse. Instead of investing so much time in "how can we get more alcohol" maybe this town needs to do a bit of alcohol education. I'm not sure if that would help but these numbers are growing daily and something needs to happen to stop it.
How are you able to judge that the person was innocent? "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God." We have all been condemned as sinners, so perhaps you should re-read and study the Holy Scriptures instead of leaning to your own understanding.
pore ole rodney king

Vilonia, AR

#7 Apr 16, 2013
pore ole rodney king wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see how you can justify your foolish words. What did the cause alcohol to become a legal commodity in Somerset? The people spoke. I for one am pleased that people don't have to drive nearly as far to be able to purchase and enjoy one of the things created by YHWH (no the god of this world, the one you worship and preach, didn't have anything to do with that action) to be enjoyed.
I know I'm speaking to deaf ears because it is obvious you do not believe the Holy Scriptures, more like you believe the Koran.
I meant to write, "What did the mayor do to cause alcohol to become a legal commodity in Somerset?"
SadSituation

Somerset, KY

#8 Apr 16, 2013
There have always been and will always be people who abuse alcohol. It makes no difference whether it was bought in Somerset or in some other county. If someone wants to drink they will drink. Everyone knows that it is illegal to drink and drive, doing so makes you a criminal. Lets place the blame for this horrific incident where it belongs, that is the person who chose to drink and drive. The criminal caused this to happen, not the sale of alcohol in Somerset.
MADD

Tucker, GA

#9 Apr 17, 2013
There are plenty of alcohol education programs available.

Also, in most towns DUIs are taken as a serious offense. Our town needs to take that stance.

I'm not against alcohol. People just have to learn or be forced (through fear of courts) to use it responsibly!
MADD

Tucker, GA

#10 Apr 17, 2013
<quoted text>
How are you able to judge that the person was innocent? "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God." We have all been condemned as sinners, so perhaps you should re-read and study the Holy Scriptures instead of leaning to your own understanding.
Let's just hope that if you have a child it's NOT taken in an accident such as this to show you the wrongfullness of your statements. He was 19. He hadn't even had a chance at life.
preacher

Nicholasville, KY

#11 Apr 17, 2013
<quoted text>
I meant to write, "What did the mayor do to cause alcohol to become a legal commodity in Somerset?"
He was a supporter of the city going wet and the last I heard, he is still fighting for more licenses to be available for retailers.
preacher

Nicholasville, KY

#12 Apr 17, 2013
<quoted text>
You are correct, the people spoke. They voted for it and now the second innocent person have died as a result of a drunk driving drunk. There will be more.
Beyond that, your comments are not worthy of a response.

“Boogie Chill'un”

Level 6

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#13 Apr 17, 2013
preacher wrote:
<quoted text>You are correct, the people spoke. They voted for it and now the second innocent person have died as a result of a drunk driving drunk. There will be more.
Speaking of "worthy of a response", what is your position on the DUI deaths BEFORE Somerset went wet? I can think of two people that died on North 27 just prior to the wet vote in one accident. One night several years ago, I helped pull a man from a burning vehicle at the West 80/ Patterson Branch intersection that passed away that was hit by a drunk driver. This was in the mid 90's. I'll be waiting for your response......
Westwood

London, KY

#14 Apr 17, 2013
preacher wrote:
<quoted text>You are correct, the people spoke. They voted for it and now the second innocent person have died as a result of a drunk driving drunk. There will be more.
Preach, what's your point? Do you think the world started when we voted to go wet? Do you think nothing existed before that? Why do you think going wet had anything at all to do with this?
preacher

United States

#15 Apr 17, 2013
God is tired of the innocent lives being taken and vengeance will be His. There is always room in hell for all drunk drivers and everyone that voted this EVIL here.

“Boogie Chill'un”

Level 6

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#16 Apr 17, 2013
preacher wrote:
God is tired of the innocent lives being taken and vengeance will be His. There is always room in hell for all drunk drivers and everyone that voted this EVIL here.
Well I didn't vote it there, because I no longer live there, but I DO seem to recall scripture speaking of Jesus drinking wine, and turning water into wine. I also remember old testament speaking of gluttony, ever eat at the Golden Corral on Sundays preach? Ever read the passages concerning splinters in eyes, rocks in glass houses, and judging others? This is the best you could come up with? Are you really just trolling?

“smiling on a cloudy day”

Level 7

Since: Jan 09

Shakedown Street

#17 Apr 17, 2013
preacher wrote:
I'd vote it out if I were you preacher.

Let me know when you get the petition going, I'll help.

Level 7

Shakedown Street

#18 Apr 17, 2013
preacher wrote:
Amen!!!

Level 7

Shakedown Street

#19 Apr 17, 2013
JumperJuice wrote:
<quoted text>Well I didn't vote it there, because I no longer live there, but I DO seem to recall scripture speaking of Jesus drinking wine, and turning water into wine. I also remember old testament speaking of gluttony, ever eat at the Golden Corral on Sundays preach? Ever read the passages concerning splinters in eyes, rocks in glass houses, and judging others? This is the best you could come up with? Are you really just trolling?
I can't recall the last time I saw a preacher who wasn't overweight, especially around these parts.

No matter! Raise your children on Mountain Dew from the bottle, that's fine in the eyes of the Lord. Best leave that Nyquil at the store though or you'll bust Hell's gate wide open!
Westwood

London, KY

#20 Apr 17, 2013
preacher wrote:
Please don't tell me you believe this. You actually think God would purposefully take an innocent life to make your ludicrous point? You need to do a little soul-searching and less trolling.
StuckAtWork

United States

#22 Apr 17, 2013
I wish you all would just stop it. HIS will be done, always and with all things. As Christians we are not supposed to judge yet we do. We sit up on our pedestal and point fingers trying to shame others into thinking our way. We are supposed to be warriors in God's army trying to save the masses. Trying to shame someone into Christianity is not the way and frankly causes the exact opposite. If you are not trying to win followers for Christ then why bring up his name?
preacher

United States

#23 Apr 17, 2013
Westwood wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't tell me you believe this. You actually think God would purposefully take an innocent life to make your ludicrous point? You need to do a little soul-searching and less trolling.
Get behind me Satan. The bible says eye for eye. There will be human sacrifices required, both innocent and the guilty. GOD WILLS IT SINNERS!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 min ChromiuMan 149,016
drugs in Somerset (Sep '09) 1 hr adam stamper 91
heard adam stamper likes whang dangs 1 hr GSM owner 14
G Miller/g.s.m. Painting 1 hr april 7
PC Park 2 hr Sunshine 6
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 2 hr Junket 31,991
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 5 hr Hatti_Hollerand 12,551

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages