First Prev
of 2
Next Last
really

Somerset, KY

#1 Aug 27, 2010
Heard they were laying off long term employees, Is this true? if it is can't believe it...
well

Fordyce, AR

#2 Aug 27, 2010
I was in training for there and they came in and "laid" (fired ) us all .... and someone else was saying they done that to the other group as well
Employee

London, KY

#3 Aug 27, 2010
Yes, it's true.
Been there

London, KY

#4 Aug 27, 2010
Yeah it is hard to believe, I mean they've only been hiring and firing in droves since they opened up shop.
The day time

Corbin, KY

#5 Aug 27, 2010
Which departments?
really

Somerset, KY

#6 Aug 27, 2010
they are laying off people that have been there for like 4 + years, or they are giving them the option to stay with a lower pay rate. These people are stupid, they have no clue how to run a business...if you are going to lay off long term employees,u shouldn't bring new hires in with a increase in pay rate. Wonder whos big, bright idea that was??
hmmmmm

United States

#8 Aug 28, 2010
I don't know everyone tests gone, but allot that are did not do allot. Just because you are there a long time does not mean your entitled. There has always been too many chiefs and not enough Indians.
Recently Quit

Sheridan, AR

#9 Aug 28, 2010
I worked there for 6 weeks and the people were super nice. However, I was shorted big-time on my paycheck after being forced to come in an hour and a half early for "mandatory overtime" and sometimes not being paid for my breaks (state mandated) because I was on the phone (working) when my break time rolled around. I heard by way of the grapevine that they had hired too many people and had to accidently underpay people because they didn't have enough money to make their payroll. I was told the CEO even took a zero payday so others could get paid. Poor management.

Since: May 10

Big Creek, KY

#12 Nov 4, 2010
Yes all of this is true. I know people that were let go after pouring their blood sweat and tears into this crap hole company. Sadly the company is so full of immature ignorant lowlifes ( salary ) employees that can't take a joke it's depressing. Hey did you know that strap on spelled backwards is no parts and apparently almost grounds for termination. Ignorant bs like threatening to fire over something as insignificant as that is crazy.
A friend

Hopkinsville, KY

#13 Nov 4, 2010
John you must work there or did. I know someone that was there for two years and they let this person go because the phone cord became unplugged.
reallythatsyoura nswer

Hopkinsville, KY

#15 Nov 5, 2010
John Slaten wrote:
Yes all of this is true. I know people that were let go after pouring their blood sweat and tears into this crap hole company. Sadly the company is so full of immature ignorant lowlifes ( salary ) employees that can't take a joke it's depressing. Hey did you know that strap on spelled backwards is no parts and apparently almost grounds for termination. Ignorant bs like threatening to fire over something as insignificant as that is crazy.
I remember you, this post is comical. You have an insult about "immature ignorant lowlifes), then the next sentence is about you joking about strap ons.

I can see what you mean.

Since: May 10

London, KY

#16 Nov 6, 2010
I agree that I can be immature but the strap on thing was funny. No reason to put someone on a final written warning I mean come on. The sad thing is ther person that got me written up has sad and done far worst. I don't like double standards. The company isn't all bad but some things could be changed to better serve the employees. Just saying.
haha haha

Hopkinsville, KY

#17 Dec 4, 2010
john thats great man i remember when you was tellin us about gettin wrote up for it right after and do you still work there i havent seen you up there in a while?

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#20 Dec 7, 2010
Your an ass wrote:
<quoted text>We regardless of why they took the job, at least they are woking and not sititng at home on their ass waiting for the government to take care of them. I uphold anyone who is trying to take care of their own. Let me guess, you are better then them because you work at McDonalds?
Why in the fuzz do people keep slammin' McD's ??- Never in McD's history has an employee been laid off - Sure , it's entry level , sure it's a warm place to work , sure , the employees are well fed , and , after a reasonable ammount of training , a move up to management is possible , and , mgmt. pay ain't too shabby - It's a whole nother world behind the front line - McD's rocks , iffen you got the stuff to rock with -
observer1

Versailles, KY

#21 Dec 7, 2010
Knowitall9 wrote:
<quoted text>Why in the fuzz do people keep slammin' McD's ??- Never in McD's history has an employee been laid off - Sure , it's entry level , sure it's a warm place to work , sure , the employees are well fed , and , after a reasonable ammount of training , a move up to management is possible , and , mgmt. pay ain't too shabby - It's a whole nother world behind the front line - McD's rocks , iffen you got the stuff to rock with -
Did you know McD's was one of the companies that took a government bailout with the banks, right up there with Chase. They revealed a statement this week on where government issued the bank bailout funds.

Level 8

Location hidden

#22 Dec 7, 2010
observer1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know McD's was one of the companies that took a government bailout with the banks, right up there with Chase. They revealed a statement this week on where government issued the bank bailout funds.
McD's didn't get a hand out - Obama just had a rather large call in order and the Treasury Dept. delivered the money - Them Rib sandwiches are big sellers in D C -
Gustaph Bustemante

Corbin, KY

#23 Dec 7, 2010
Tossing burgers out the window is no worse than answering phones for creeps. Both are a low paying jobs, not to be confused with a career. It is just something you do to make a little money until you figure out what you want to do with your life.

Level 8

Location hidden

#24 Dec 7, 2010
Gustaph Bustemante wrote:
Tossing burgers out the window is no worse than answering phones for creeps. Both are a low paying jobs, not to be confused with a career. It is just something you do to make a little money until you figure out what you want to do with your life.
Not a career ??- Let me introducee you to a couple of fellows that made it a career and both now are worth considerablle fortunes - Never mind , I'm eatin' a McDouble -
(double letters are accidental)-
look

London, KY

#25 Dec 7, 2010
Oh yea and there is just so many career jobs out there..Everyone should get one.
agreed

Brownsville, TN

#26 Dec 13, 2010
A Job is a Job is a Job. Some are a bit easier to get let go from though lol. PL ranks high on the list. And on a snowday like today a bunch of people are going to go in and answer the phone like always. Its risky driving today kids. Frozen outside and dangerous. Are your lives and those people you answer the phone for worth 8 an hour?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
new judge steve kelly 1 hr Knowitall9 34
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr HistoricallySpeaking 133,283
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 6 hr positronium 23,539
looking to tear down old barns, homes or sheds... 7 hr DSM4g63t 1
Sully's Restaurant 7 hr Vote Libertarian 7
No bond with surrogate baby 7 hr Vote Libertarian 9
Boycott the book "Mist in the Mountains" 7 hr Vote Libertarian 7
New Office holders. Same stupid costly mistakes Jan 25 just sayin 58
Somerset Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Somerset People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance