Why does God appear to bless Evil Peo...
iconwizard

AOL

#22 Feb 7, 2009
It is not God, it is you! I started a thread about this. The people you call evil are simply about 14 times smarter! Therefore, they are going to take you to the bank every time.
eh who cares right

Hazard, KY

#23 Feb 7, 2009
pantera dude, that was brave of you to apologize and finally see light on things. And I, to you, apologize for saying what I did, that was very wrong on my part, I'm ashamed that I wrote you all of that, especially acusing you of being heartless and other things. I apologize greatly. And I know you're not a bad person... i'm sure you are a very good guy. i admit i jumped to conclusions and spouted off things I shouldn't have and I, TOO, will have to face God with that on Judgement day.
The reason I came back is because i was looking through other threads and saw that there was a reply, so here i am.

Please forgive me, I'm SOOO not typicallly like this. When I was in grade K, I got an award for being the "most quietest".

And I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I feel bad about that as well.

By the way I go to counseling / mental health therapy, and my therapist said that 'ignorant' usually means lack of knowledge, and that's what I meant. I'm sorry I didn't say "your lack of knowlege", I used the word 'ignorant' which is just plain not nice and it's not normal for me to do this to people.

Back to the original topic, God don't bless the bad people, but HE does allow satan to tempt and test you. So those 'blessings' we are talking about all come from satan. Because in the bible (I cannot quote it at the moment) it says that HIS people will be chastised (treated the way Jesus was) and that we all must endure to the end of time. I'm no professional when it comes to the bible. i do read it quite a bit, but i don't go to church because the churches are starting to be a place of gossip, not a place to worship the LORD.
So to answer, in my opinion, the question at hand: It's not God who blesses the wicked, it's satan himself. See GOD gave satan a little bit of power, and i think he was working hard tonight with me saying all those bad things to the pantera guy.

As I said, I know you are a good person. I felt like Dr. Jeckel and Mr. Hyde when responding because i wanted to be seen as a good guy myself too.

by the way, if you don't believe the way I believe in GOD, that's cool - everyone is different and has their own opinions on things.

Now i must forgive myself for saying rude things to you, and when I do forgive myself, then I can actually have God to forgive me for my sins.

Pantera, like I said you are very brave. it takes a REAL MAN to say "i'm sorry" to someone.

And yes please consider it as a learning experience. For both of us!

take care, and maybe we'll get to talk more later on different subjects or something. i'm very interested and in learning about you because so far since i've had the internet, all of my friends, true friends, i met them by having an argument at first.

~your new friend (I hope!)

p.s. please pray, i will, for you, and I know that God will take care of any troubles you have.. just give it to Him. IMO, that's one of the reasons HE is there in existence.
Onionite

Cincinnati, OH

#24 Feb 7, 2009
Because Satan is the GOD of this age. He can do whatever within reason to bless or take away. Which hits harder? Someone that has it all and loses it or has nothing to lose? That's how satan works.
eh who cares right

Hazard, KY

#25 Feb 7, 2009
Onionite wrote:
Because Satan is the GOD of this age. He can do whatever within reason to bless or take away. Which hits harder? Someone that has it all and loses it or has nothing to lose? That's how satan works.
I agree. My dad told me something I'll share with you all...

I would rather believe in God and there be nothing in the afterlife than to not believe in God (while on earth) and there really BE a GOD.
iconwizard

AOL

#26 Feb 7, 2009
Like I said.
its not ok

London, KY

#27 Feb 8, 2009
Rise wrote:
<quoted text>
"The Bible tells us we are not supposed to like this place, and that it is full of evil and sin."????? You've missed the boat, pilgrim.
...I'm thinkin'..oh, I dunno. "CARRIE"'s MOTHER??
http://www.morethings.com/fan/carrie-sissy_sp...
Oh boy, another ignoramous that wants to discredit the true teachings of the Bible. What, does the truth make you uncomfortable? I take it you're not a very nice person. Have a good time/life!

“Blessed beyond measure”

Since: Feb 09

small foothills of NC

#28 Feb 8, 2009
If evil people are having a good time now, that's fine. Our time on earth is very short. Why begrudge them a small amount of pleasure? If they never accept Jesus Christ as Saviour they will be spending an eternity in Hell. If you are saved and have a hard time here, use it to His glory. Praise Him no matter what, serve Him always, and in Heaven you will be blessed. No one is perfect, we all sin, and no one is better than another. Sometimes people are blessed because of hard work, or because they were born into riches. That's not our business. Salvation is the only thing that matters.
eh who cares right

Hazard, KY

#29 Feb 8, 2009
HomeschoolMom5 wrote:
If evil people are having a good time now, that's fine. Our time on earth is very short. Why begrudge them a small amount of pleasure? If they never accept Jesus Christ as Saviour they will be spending an eternity in Hell. If you are saved and have a hard time here, use it to His glory. Praise Him no matter what, serve Him always, and in Heaven you will be blessed. No one is perfect, we all sin, and no one is better than another. Sometimes people are blessed because of hard work, or because they were born into riches. That's not our business. Salvation is the only thing that matters.
Very well said.

“One Day at a Time”

Since: Aug 08

Franklin KY

#30 Feb 8, 2009
WOW! How nice to read this thread today. Guys that was so cool of you both for apologizing. It takes a proud man to say harsh things but it takes a bold man to say he's wrong. Does that sound right?
Anyway, Jarvis and Homeschoolmom, both your posts were well written. And I want to add....

I don't believe that all people who are blessed with more are evil. That is not what the thread is about. However, there are some who have been blessed with more and don't use it to the glory of God. Instead they waste it away on "earthly pleasures" such as drugs, sex, etc.

Like Jarvis was saying I don't think we are supposed to sit here on Earth and not enjoy ourselves. God does want to bless us, and it is all in how you look at things to discover even though someone else appears to be blessed with more...you might actually have more than that person because if you have salvation, honestly you have all you really need.

I will say outside of salvation though...money isn't everything. The richest man alive may have a lot of things, but who knows if he and his family are really happy. Personally, I've always been a simple girl. I don't have to have the top line of everything and neither do my children. It would be nice to afford some of the nicer things but what we have is enough. For example, would I like to trade my 9 yr old car in for a bigger one, yes! I would...but why not enjoy the fact that it is paid off? I would also like a bigger house, but I thank God everyday that my family and I are safe and warm in the one we have. We only get one channel on our TV, but thank God we have something to watch. I could go on and on, but I think you get the point.
pantera is king

Brownsville, TN

#31 Feb 8, 2009
eh who cares right wrote:
pantera dude, that was brave of you to apologize and finally see light on things. And I, to you, apologize for saying what I did, that was very wrong on my part, I'm ashamed that I wrote you all of that, especially acusing you of being heartless and other things. I apologize greatly. And I know you're not a bad person... i'm sure you are a very good guy. i admit i jumped to conclusions and spouted off things I shouldn't have and I, TOO, will have to face God with that on Judgement day.
The reason I came back is because i was looking through other threads and saw that there was a reply, so here i am.
Please forgive me, I'm SOOO not typicallly like this. When I was in grade K, I got an award for being the "most quietest".
And I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I feel bad about that as well.
By the way I go to counseling / mental health therapy, and my therapist said that 'ignorant' usually means lack of knowledge, and that's what I meant. I'm sorry I didn't say "your lack of knowlege", I used the word 'ignorant' which is just plain not nice and it's not normal for me to do this to people.
Back to the original topic, God don't bless the bad people, but HE does allow satan to tempt and test you. So those 'blessings' we are talking about all come from satan. Because in the bible (I cannot quote it at the moment) it says that HIS people will be chastised (treated the way Jesus was) and that we all must endure to the end of time. I'm no professional when it comes to the bible. i do read it quite a bit, but i don't go to church because the churches are starting to be a place of gossip, not a place to worship the LORD.
So to answer, in my opinion, the question at hand: It's not God who blesses the wicked, it's satan himself. See GOD gave satan a little bit of power, and i think he was working hard tonight with me saying all those bad things to the pantera guy.
As I said, I know you are a good person. I felt like Dr. Jeckel and Mr. Hyde when responding because i wanted to be seen as a good guy myself too.
by the way, if you don't believe the way I believe in GOD, that's cool - everyone is different and has their own opinions on things.
Now i must forgive myself for saying rude things to you, and when I do forgive myself, then I can actually have God to forgive me for my sins.
Pantera, like I said you are very brave. it takes a REAL MAN to say "i'm sorry" to someone.
And yes please consider it as a learning experience. For both of us!
take care, and maybe we'll get to talk more later on different subjects or something. i'm very interested and in learning about you because so far since i've had the internet, all of my friends, true friends, i met them by having an argument at first.
~your new friend (I hope!)
p.s. please pray, i will, for you, and I know that God will take care of any troubles you have.. just give it to Him. IMO, that's one of the reasons HE is there in existence.
you didnt hurt my feelings. i just felt bad for calling you a drug dealer and making remarks about your food stamps. i just really have issues with god, with life, with my marriage, with my daughter "she is 14 and going through a phase where she hates me" i try praying and it feels as if im talking to myself. i try to be optimistic and and bad stuff keeps happening. i have alot of hate, alot of guilt and i really just feel like there is nothing good in life anymore..so i vent my frustrations on videogames and topix. never really thought i could actually hurt someones feelings on a topic forum...just been doing alot of thinking. i wish you the very best in life.
MMIX

Mount Vernon, KY

#32 Feb 8, 2009
pantera is king wrote:
<quoted text>
you didnt hurt my feelings. i just felt bad for calling you a drug dealer and making remarks about your food stamps. i just really have issues with god, with life, with my marriage, with my daughter "she is 14 and going through a phase where she hates me" i try praying and it feels as if im talking to myself. i try to be optimistic and and bad stuff keeps happening. i have alot of hate, alot of guilt and i really just feel like there is nothing good in life anymore..so i vent my frustrations on videogames and topix. never really thought i could actually hurt someones feelings on a topic forum...just been doing alot of thinking. i wish you the very best in life.
First of all, Pantera is not king--pantera is the art of shredding. Get yourself another avatar or pseudonym and get over your past mistakes. What you've experienced recently is not novel--many of us seniors deal with it daily and have for years. Believe in yourself, search for what is right and just and go with your best. Follow this philosophy: Love many, trust few and.... paddle your own canoe.
ajs

Hazard, KY

#33 Feb 10, 2009
pantera is king wrote:
<quoted text>
you didnt hurt my feelings. i just felt bad for calling you a drug dealer and making remarks about your food stamps. i just really have issues with god, with life, with my marriage, with my daughter "she is 14 and going through a phase where she hates me" i try praying and it feels as if im talking to myself. i try to be optimistic and and bad stuff keeps happening. i have alot of hate, alot of guilt and i really just feel like there is nothing good in life anymore..so i vent my frustrations on videogames and topix. never really thought i could actually hurt someones feelings on a topic forum...just been doing alot of thinking. i wish you the very best in life.
I totally understand about the family and finances trouble. I'm so sorry to hear your 14 year old is rebelling, however, i did the same thing at that age.
Pantera dude, you are not only brave, but an excellent aquantience (spe???) i know i spelled that wrong but i dont feel like looking it up now lol
ajs aka eh who cares

Hazard, KY

#34 Feb 10, 2009
just letting you know, my other user name is ajs.

“live it, like it, or kiss it!”

Since: Nov 08

Oneida

#35 Feb 10, 2009
because just because you are judging them doesnt mean that GOD is. Anyone can change and God will love them the same as he loves us.

“live it, like it, or kiss it!”

Since: Nov 08

Oneida

#36 Feb 10, 2009
Im not perfect Just forgiven!
ajs

Hazard, KY

#37 Feb 10, 2009
wild redneck wrote:
because just because you are judging them doesnt mean that GOD is. Anyone can change and God will love them the same as he loves us.
I sooo do not understand what you just said...

“live it, like it, or kiss it!”

Since: Nov 08

Oneida

#38 Feb 10, 2009
ajs wrote:
<quoted text>
I sooo do not understand what you just said...
It says that people can judge and see people for what they think they are evil or whatever. Just because other people is judging them doesnt mean that God is judging them. God loves us regardless of being evil or whatever. We wasnt put here to be perfect. People can change trust me I am living proof of that. Look at me and see whatever you want to see on the outside but trust me my heart tells the whole entire story. The outside of life and a person isnt anything it is the inside and the acceptance.
LOOKKOOLMOMWOW

Somerset, KY

#39 Feb 10, 2009
pantera is king wrote:
<quoted text>
you didnt hurt my feelings. i just felt bad for calling you a drug dealer and making remarks about your food stamps. i just really have issues with god, with life, with my marriage, with my daughter "she is 14 and going through a phase where she hates me" i try praying and it feels as if im talking to myself. i try to be optimistic and and bad stuff keeps happening. i have alot of hate, alot of guilt and i really just feel like there is nothing good in life anymore..so i vent my frustrations on videogames and topix. never really thought i could actually hurt someones feelings on a topic forum...just been doing alot of thinking. i wish you the very best in life.
Thank God someone has the courage to say they are sorry for what they said. I have just recently started reading this forum and making some comments to some of the posts. I noticed that several people were making very rude comments about fat people and people drawing checks. I wrote what I thought would be some helpful comments, only to have someone to write back telling me that they probably have to weigh me with truck scales. I just tried to let them know that they should not judge a person and say those evil, rude comments without knowing all the facts. Some people have lost homes, jobs, loved ones ect... and sometimes many all at once. Sometimes depression, drinking, smoking, overeating, and other things happen as a result of a tramatic experience in their life. Some people need help to get over the trama and stop doing the things that will only cause more problems. Also some people can't get over things even with help. How can someone look at someone who is fat or receiving a check and know what that person has been through? yes I am obese, but I'm trying to do something about it. Also I have been through some very tramatic experiences. It is very hurtful when people say such evil things, but there will always be those ones that like doing that, because they like to put others down so that they feel better about themselves. It was really touching to hear you saying how sorry you were, it is much appreciated. THANKS!!!
ajs

Hazard, KY

#40 Feb 11, 2009
wild redneck wrote:
<quoted text>It says that people can judge and see people for what they think they are evil or whatever. Just because other people is judging them doesnt mean that God is judging them. God loves us regardless of being evil or whatever. We wasnt put here to be perfect. People can change trust me I am living proof of that. Look at me and see whatever you want to see on the outside but trust me my heart tells the whole entire story. The outside of life and a person isnt anything it is the inside and the acceptance.
OH i get it now. please forgive me. my intent was out of curiosity, not sarcastic or mean.

Yeah like me, if people seen me, they would try to put me in the circus or something. others tend to judge way too fast, i'm guilty of that too :( but i can learn from this experience and do better next time :-)
LOOKKOOLMOMWOW

Pineville, KY

#41 Feb 16, 2009
ajs wrote:
<quoted text>
OH i get it now. please forgive me. my intent was out of curiosity, not sarcastic or mean.
Yeah like me, if people seen me, they would try to put me in the circus or something. others tend to judge way too fast, i'm guilty of that too :( but i can learn from this experience and do better next time :-)
I really like comments like yours. This is what this topix should really be about, helping others.
Thanks and May God bless you!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr ChromiuMan 174,815
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 2 hr Ricky F 39,412
Ttai 2018 2 hr Curious 1
Mikey burton 3 hr Recruiter 14
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 5 hr Princess Hey 14,405
Time for the truth 7 hr M-S-B 6
Michelle craft mcquery 14 hr Juicy J 21

Somerset Jobs

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages