Old Schools of Pulaski Co.

Since: Sep 08

Somerset, KY

#42 Oct 24, 2008
I have seen the book you are talking about. It has lots of pictures in it, but it does not have the locations of the schools. It is a very nice book though. Im mainly interested in the specific locations of the schools.

If anyone else can contribute to the list, I would greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks
teach

Alto, GA

#43 Oct 25, 2008
How about Mt. Victory. There once was a high school out there and the Ele. I taught at the Ele. It was a three room school.
i remember

Brodhead, KY

#44 Oct 27, 2008
How about The Hubble School one room it was located in the welborn community across from The Pleasant View Baptist Church.
Nanl56

Brownsville, TN

#45 Oct 27, 2008
Vaughn School, in the Quinton community, now Bronston, was a 2 room school and closed the end of the 1961-1962 school year. It was turned into a house after the building was sold but now it has been torn down.

Since: Oct 08

London, KY

#46 Oct 27, 2008
WHITE LILY SCHOOL....
at was later torn down and a 1st through 12 grade actual large school was made around the same place .....
it is located on hwy 1643 ....
call three eight two - five two four two for information on pics....
srry i had to spell the number out it wouldnt let me put hte phone number because it said topix doesnt allow personal info to be given out
Sam

Somerset, KY

#47 Oct 27, 2008
Caney Fork School is located next to the Christian Church on Highway 39 approximately 2 miles north from the intersection of HWY 80 and 39.
Sam

Somerset, KY

#48 Oct 27, 2008
Bobtown School is a grain storage facility located in Bobtown 9 miles north on HWY 39. Intersection of HWY 635 and 39

London, KY

#49 Nov 1, 2008
Thanks for everyone contributing. If anyone else can add, I would love to hear from you! If you want to email me to talk or send pictures, my email is [email protected] Im looking for specific locations of these old schools.
Plato School

Pineville, KY

#50 Nov 1, 2008
Hi Plato and Grundy, can you be more specific on the locations please? Thanks
The old Plato school building is torn down, it was on Walker Poynter RD.
jawin

London, KY

#51 Nov 1, 2008
seen it all wrote:
I graduated 8th grade from the University of Jabez Jabez, KY taught by Miss Alma McClendon and her sister, Miss Linda Frye..Loved it and them.
This school was located in Russell County, not Pulaski.

No one mentioned Vinnie School located on 196, near where Newland's store is (Now owned by Reggie Stringer)

I don't think I've seen anything about Faubush School, or Delmer School, either. Perhaps someone would remember some details of these.

London, KY

#52 Nov 6, 2008
Thanks for everyone contributing. If anyone else can add, I would love to hear from you! If you would rather email me to talk or send pictures, my email is [email protected] Im looking for specific locations of these old schools.
old school

Lexington, KY

#53 Nov 29, 2008
ooohmygosh wrote:
strawberry scool house just 3 miles past rushbranch scool on strawberry road at 44 strawberry ln.i lived at 155 strawberry ln. i wished to god icould go back home i have so many memories their
the spring house still got a lot names still in tact in wood

London, KY

#54 Nov 30, 2008
Hey Old School,

Im not sure I understand what you are trying to say. Can you re-explain yourself? Thanks.
grad

Lexington, KY

#55 Nov 30, 2008
there was one school, dont remember the name, it is on tarter cemetary road in nancy, its still standing , straight across from tarter cemetary. one once stood on hwy 196 in nancy, where mt pisgah baptist church is now,about 4 1/2 miles out.
so you know

Murray, KY

#56 Nov 30, 2008
did anyone go to ringold schooli did in 1956 mrs mclure was the little room teacher

Level 8

Location hidden

#57 Nov 30, 2008
There is an old bldg., app. 2 1/10 th miles out Dixie Bend Rd.- Used to be an old school bldg. next to it - Was it a school - name ?- what years ?
wandering

Hazard, KY

#58 Nov 30, 2008
wasn't there an old school house over in cabin hollow
trucker

Jeffersonville, IN

#59 Mar 18, 2014
Cumberland wrote:
Thanks all that hav contributed. Anyone else that may have some info they want to share, I would love to hear from you.
I recently purchased the property that Naomi elementary sat on. It was a two room school house. I'm planning to build a small cabin there.
Redman

Somerset, KY

#61 Aug 31, 2014
Grundy Gundle wrote:
There was one my grandmother went to on Grundy Road.
Hi, I now live in the old schoolhouse on Grundy. I'm gonna have to go to the library and research it. Very interesting.

Level 8

Location hidden

#62 Sep 8, 2014
trucker wrote:
<quoted text> I recently purchased the property that Naomi elementary sat on. It was a two room school house. I'm planning to build a small cabin there.
Better off in Naomi than Columbus - Too many Hoosiers up there - Been there , done that -

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 min umoron 152,031
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 34 min Ricky F 32,762
Don Marshall (Jul '08) 38 min guest 18
Lake Cumberland Regional Hospital given a 1 sta... 43 min guest 13
News Sheriff looking for drug offenders (Apr '09) 58 min beth ann 233
Hot girls at Kroger Marketplace 1 hr Haha 2
Burnside Mayor Ron Jones is at it again. 1 hr Imagine that 8

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages