Since: Sep 08

London, KY

#21 Sep 29, 2008
Hi Plato and Grundy, can you be more specific on the locations please? Thanks
Grundy Gundle

Hopkinsville, KY

#22 Sep 29, 2008
I don't remember how far out, but it's before the bridge on the right in a field as your head to the north end. Or was - I'm sure it's little more than a foundation now.

London, KY

#23 Oct 6, 2008
Thanks all that hav contributed. Anyone else that may have some info they want to share, I would love to hear from you.
red fox

London, KY

#24 Oct 6, 2008
oak hill and saline

London, KY

#25 Oct 6, 2008
Hi Red Fox,
Can you give me specific locations of where these 2 schools were?
Thanks

London, KY

#26 Oct 13, 2008
If anyone else has any info on old schools of PC or RC, I would like to hear about them and their specific location. Thanks to all that have contributed so far!!
Old Timer

Brownsville, TN

#27 Oct 13, 2008
Beech Grove in the Ruth community.

London, KY

#28 Oct 13, 2008
Hi Old Timer,
Thank you for you contribution. Can you tell me exactly where it was located according to like what road, or its present day location? Im trying to precisely pinpoint the locations of the old schools.

Thanks

London, KY

#29 Oct 21, 2008
Thanks to all that have helped! If anyone else can add to this, I would love to hear what you know! Thanks.
wondering

Somerset, KY

#30 Oct 21, 2008
ooohmygosh wrote:
i remender at the rushbranch scool all the kids would swing on a grapevine over the bank i woudn't do it again for no amount of money the teachers were mr wright and mr bolton
Are you all talking the one in Cabin Hollow. The one I'm thinking of is owned by Sunny Denny. They remoled it.
wondering

Somerset, KY

#31 Oct 21, 2008
There is also the old Pisgey School. But everyone knows about it.
red fox

Lexington, KY

#32 Oct 21, 2008
oak hill school was located on top of hill past somerset christian school where the brick house is owned by a neeley .ccross from where you turn into ward correls. sasine is stillthere been remolded it just off west hwy 80 on hacker road

London, KY

#33 Oct 23, 2008
My email is shbanjoman19@yahoo.com

Thanks everyone who has posted. If anyone else has any info on old schools of Russell Wayne, or Pulaski Co I would love to hear about them.
seen it all

London, KY

#34 Oct 23, 2008
I graduated 8th grade from the University of Jabez Jabez, KY taught by Miss Alma McClendon and her sister, Miss Linda Frye..Loved it and them.

London, KY

#36 Oct 23, 2008
If anyone has pictures of any old schools that wouldlike to share them with me, my email is shbanjoman19@yahoo.com They would be greatly appreciated!
CONCERNED CITIZEN

London, KY

#37 Oct 23, 2008
THERE WAS ALSO A SCHOOL OUT PAST HAYNES KNOB BEFORE THE BUCK CREEK BOAT DOCK CALLED JUGORNOT. I WENT THERE FOR PROBABLY THREE YEARS BEFORE THEY CLOSED IT. I WENT THEN TO PULASKI ELEM. I WAS ONE OF THE OLDER KIDS SO OUR TEACHER WAS ALSO THE COOK AND I HAD TO HELP HIM. WE HAD A VERY LONG RECESS EVERY DAY AND PLAYED IN THE WOODS. I LOVE THE TIME I WENT THERE.
Old Timer

Brownsville, TN

#38 Oct 23, 2008
Beech Grove in the Ruth community is located on the road to left at the end of the Pitman Creek bridge. The building was about 1/2 mile on the left just as the road made a right turn away from Pitman Creek.
knowslittle

Brownsville, TN

#39 Oct 23, 2008
Cumberland, there was a one room school in the northern part of the county, just off Ky. 39, turn right onto Ky. 70, it was called the Brown School I believe. It was before my time, but I think an older sister of mine attended it, would have been in the mid 40's I think.

London, KY

#40 Oct 24, 2008
Thanks everyone that has written on here. If anyone else can contribute to the list, I would greatly appreciate it!!
Colograduate

London, KY

#41 Oct 24, 2008
I have a book titled "Old Schools of Pulaski County"
or something close to that title.
It has all the old schools with locations and pictures. The library should have it. I can't find my copy at the moment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 40 min Known Fact 132,123
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 1 hr Trouser Cough 22,780
Weapons of Mass Destruction Special Unit (Jul '11) 8 hr Paul 24
Cody Smith?.... (Aug '08) 10 hr Stan 25
Somerset is wet, where are the new Restaurants? 11 hr DagasssMan 36
Gas prices 19 hr Disgusted 25
Crickets and Mill worms Tue Vote Libertarian 2
Somerset Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Somerset People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Somerset News, Events & Info