“Colorful Beyond Words ”

Level 10

Since: May 11

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#12797 Mar 10, 2013
Oh I forgot to ask Sellercellar ... What kind of books ? Books to sell or just to read?

“Colorful Beyond Words ”

Level 10

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#12798 Mar 10, 2013
Trouser Cough wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Ricky F - my first avatar was like a cartoon face or head of a cow that I named, Milk Thud. I'd put Thud up again sometime but Muttley wants no part of that!:)
Hey TC :)

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

Since: Apr 10

NOT about each other!

#12799 Mar 10, 2013
Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
<quoted text>
It was very nice again today. Not as much sunshine but certainly a good day. Just came in and the frogs are hollering and that is like music to my hears.
I'm a little envious. I had psyched myself up for a nice day, and we had gusting high winds and fairly hard rain most of the day. Oh well, there's tomorrow coming up. Y'all have a good'n.

“Sixteen Tons”

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#12800 Mar 10, 2013
Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
Oh I forgot to ask Sellercellar ... What kind of books ? Books to sell or just to read?
Books for my personal collection; Mickey Spillane and John D. MacDonald.

“Colorful Beyond Words ”

Level 10

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#12801 Mar 10, 2013
the perfessor wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a little envious. I had psyched myself up for a nice day, and we had gusting high winds and fairly hard rain most of the day. Oh well, there's tomorrow coming up. Y'all have a good'n.
This has been an awesome weekend for the second one of March. Much better then the first few days of March ... bitter cold, high winds, rain and snow. March came in like a Lion. Well see what happens at the end of the month :)!

“Colorful Beyond Words ”

Level 10

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#12802 Mar 10, 2013
sellerscellar wrote:
<quoted text>
Books for my personal collection; Mickey Spillane and John D. MacDonald.
I know their work but can't say that I have read any of their books.

“Sixteen Tons”

Level 6

Location hidden

#12803 Mar 10, 2013
Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
<quoted text>
I know their work but can't say that I have read any of their books.
They are two of the many authors whose works I collect. It is hard to find their books now due to the age of most of their works. Have you ever read any Tony Hillerman? I collect some classical literature as well, such as Cervantes and Chaucer.

“& My Favorite Dog Muttley ”

Level 10

Since: Nov 07

Myrtle Beach, SC

#12804 Mar 10, 2013
Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
<quoted text>Hey TC :)
Hiya Hatti!:)

“Colorful Beyond Words ”

Level 10

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#12805 Mar 10, 2013
sellerscellar wrote:
<quoted text>
They are two of the many authors whose works I collect. It is hard to find their books now due to the age of most of their works. Have you ever read any Tony Hillerman? I collect some classical literature as well, such as Cervantes and Chaucer.
No I've not read Tony Hillerman. The detective mystery is not really my thing. Since I have little time to read... I mostly try to keep with newer books coming out because I like to know what my kids are reading for school.

“Sixteen Tons”

Level 6

Location hidden

#12806 Mar 10, 2013
Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
<quoted text>
No I've not read Tony Hillerman. The detective mystery is not really my thing. Since I have little time to read... I mostly try to keep with newer books coming out because I like to know what my kids are reading for school.
I'm glad you keep up with what your children are into. It seems that many parents do not these days. What kind of books do they like, if you don't mind me asking?

“Colorful Beyond Words ”

Level 10

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#12807 Mar 10, 2013
sellerscellar wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad you keep up with what your children are into. It seems that many parents do not these days. What kind of books do they like, if you don't mind me asking?
The last ones I read were about these dystopian societies , science fiction type teenager books. Veronica
Roth's trilogy starting with Divergent. The third book is not out yet. The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins. The Maze Runners trilogy ( heavy science fiction). All these books involve young people making hard decisions . They do have some violence in them but good books I thought .

Level 5

Since: Jun 12

Deadwood, SD

#12808 Mar 10, 2013
Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
<quoted text>
The last ones I read were about these dystopian societies , science fiction type teenager books. Veronica
Roth's trilogy starting with Divergent. The third book is not out yet. The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins. The Maze Runners trilogy ( heavy science fiction). All these books involve young people making hard decisions . They do have some violence in them but good books I thought .
My personal favorites are anything written by Preston and Childs. They have a Pendergast series that will keep you up all night reading. The one to start with is, Still Life with Crows, or Cabinet of Curiosities. Just got done reading The third Gate by Lincoln Child.

Oh! BTW, Hey Hatti, Lol!

“Sixteen Tons”

Level 6

Location hidden

#12809 Mar 10, 2013
Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read some excerpts of Suzanne Collins and I have heard of The Maze Runners. If you find the time you should check out some of Orson Scott Card's work.

“Colorful Beyond Words ”

Level 10

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#12810 Mar 11, 2013
_Twisted Wicked_ wrote:
<quoted text>My personal favorites are anything written by Preston and Childs. They have a Pendergast series that will keep you up all night reading. The one to start with is, Still Life with Crows, or Cabinet of Curiosities. Just got done reading The third Gate by Lincoln Child.
Oh! BTW, Hey Hatti, Lol!
I've seen that name at the book store but haven't read anything by them. Thanks for the info.

I have enjoyed the John Grisham novels. Several of his books I have loved and were real pages turners .. I get very engrossed in books as I read. The funniest series I've ever read is the author Janet Evanovich, Stephanie Plum books. They are "chick" books but so funny to read.

Oh btw ... Have a good Monday T-Wicked :)

“Colorful Beyond Words ”

Level 10

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#12811 Mar 11, 2013
sellerscellar wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read some excerpts of Suzanne Collins and I have heard of The Maze Runners. If you find the time you should check out some of Orson Scott Card's work.
Morning Sellerscellar ... I'll certainly look them up and check out their work. It nice to have recommendations to go from. So many authors , sometimes finding good ones are like finding a needle in a haystack.

“Colorful Beyond Words ”

Level 10

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#12812 Mar 11, 2013
Good morning all .... Yep this morning has been a little tough to get going but .... We must carry on ! lol

Coffee is brewing and I need to hurry !!

Have a great day all ... Enjoy .

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#12813 Mar 11, 2013
Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
<quoted text>
We must go to the same church. LOL !!
YOU go to CHURCH?!

(lol)

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#12814 Mar 11, 2013
Trouser Cough wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Ricky F - my first avatar was like a cartoon face or head of a cow that I named, Milk Thud. I'd put Thud up again sometime but Muttley wants no part of that!:)
You can't go wrong with Muttley! he's to cool!!

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

Since: Apr 10

NOT about each other!

#12815 Mar 11, 2013
Good morning, Hatti and all. Anyone else have allergies to this new time? That's gotta be what has me itching and breaking out this morning. Itching like a man on a fuzzy tree. maybe the benadryl will relieve it. Y'all have a good'n.

“Colorful Beyond Words ”

Level 10

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#12816 Mar 11, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>YOU go to CHURCH?!
(lol)
Yep , I'm good like that. I'm guessing YOU do NOT?:)

Oh and a GOOD morning to YOU, Ricky. lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amanda King 1 hr Ugh 9
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr ChromiuMan 166,396
Chad, Where Art Thou? 8 hr FiddleDeeDee 1
Virgin Wanted 9 hr kitty kat slap 5
Question about UGN. (Nov '11) 12 hr neighbor 8
eclipse glasses 16 hr Solar one 4
Grace Marie Martin has Warts 16 hr That_crazy 5

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages